Perfect Albums Thread -

Pargon

Internet Segregationist
kiwifarms.net

The best electronic album of all time*.

Playlist

*The UK version due to inclusion of "Road to Lostwithiel". Fight me, niggers.

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The albums I deem perfect are not exactly my top favorites, although they are pretty close. The big problem with recordings in general are sound quality; some albums may have absolutely devastating music, but they leave me lamenting how come they can't sound better.

Right now I can think of two albums that I don't want to change even a microsecond of it.

Nightscenes by Michael Whalen. Whalen is an acclaimed writer of commercial jingles, which means he is very capable of evoking a mood with mere seconds of sounds. Nightscenes is an electronic serenade for city dwellers: the glamour of city lights, the angst of solitary hearts, the soul's yearning for connection. Unfortunately this is a one-off project for Whalen, who afterwards showed no further interest in abstract, long-form, instrumental electronic music. The original release by Heart of Space is the gold standard; the "remastered version" breaks the coherence by adding new, stylistically incongruent, tracks.

A Trouble Resting Place by Robert Rich. The album consists of six sections, each slightly different in style and meant for a different anthology of dark ambient music, yet conceived from the start as a coherent whole. Even the cover art is perfect.

Reactions: Haunter

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
Tragically Hip - road apples

I'm not a very emotional fella but this song does something funny to me every time I hear it:
10/10 Perfect song.

Road Apples sucks. When I got Much Music in the late 90s and got introduced to the band (via Much showing their late 90s work) I bought their entire catalog at that point off of Amazon using Christmas money I got Christmas '99. Road Apples was the worst of their albums I bought and the one album I regretted buying. Horrible album and I'm fucking shocked that it gets so much praise, compared to say Trouble at the Henhouse, Day For Night, Phantom Power, etc.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net

They never followed up on it, and Miss Axl is a thoroughly despicable woman-beating primadonna whose no-showing and lateness antics were only topped by Lauryn Hill, but every moment of Appetite for Destruction's excellent. The songs are in exactly the right order, the inventive ideas are grounded in excellent songwriting (which most hard rock and metal acts treat as secondary), and Axl Rose is the best singer in the history of rock and roll.

They're not my favorite band. They're not even my favorite '80s band. But all five guys delivered with this record, and I'll love it forever.

Exigent Circumcisions

I can smell youuuuu.... you smell niiiiice....
kiwifarms.net
Road Apples sucks. When I got Much Music in the late 90s and got introduced to the band (via Much showing their late 90s work) I bought their entire catalog at that point off of Amazon using Christmas money I got Christmas '99. Road Apples was the worst of their albums I bought and the one album I regretted buying. Horrible album and I'm fucking shocked that it gets so much praise, compared to say Trouble at the Henhouse, Day For Night, Phantom Power, etc.
I disagree. Their worst album was that country trash-pile they released; that's the only one I regretted buying. All you've really highlighted is that you like their more mellow songs across their later albums. Cool beans.

ETA: I thought the point of the thread was to name a perfect album, not put on your hipster glasses and go "Well, ackshually".

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
Opeth - Still Life

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Rush - 2112

Descendents - Milo Goes to College

Michael Jackson - Thriller (the man was a sick cunt, but he put out one perfect album)

Reactions: Haunter

Syaoran Li

Slum Lord of Pallet Town
kiwifarms.net
The Dillards-Back Porch Bluegrass (1963)

Black Sabbath-Paranoid (1970)

Creedence Clearwater Revial-Cosmo's Factory (1970)

Judas Priest-British Steel (1980)

Iron Maiden-The Number of the Beast (1982)

Bathory-Bathory (1983)

Beastie Boys-Licensed To Ill (1986)

Pinkard & Bowden-Gettin' Stupid (1993)

Mayhem-De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (1994)

Weird Al Yankovic-Running With Scissors (1999)

Johnny Cash-American Recordings IV: The Man Comes Around (2002)

Tim Wilson-The Real Twang Thang (2004)

• Agree
Reactions: Shaved Kiwis

Shaved Kiwis

Gran Autismo 3: A-Sped
kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry, but how has no one mentioned Pink Floyd yet?

Shine on your Crazy Diamond is fucking perfect. So is Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall.

swampsurface

Unholy Gunt Of Apathy
kiwifarms.net
Theres a few that actually come to mind

Faith No More - Angel Dust
Leviathan - Tenth Sublevel Of Suicide
Mutiilation - Black Millennium
Black Sabbath - Vol 4

Last edited:

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
When I think of a perfect album, I think of an album where I can listen to every single song on that album and enjoy each one from start to finish. Not one bit of filler or half-assing. All the albums that have met that simple, but crucial, criterion:

The Sound of Madness - Shinedown
Amaryllis - Shinedown
Mezmerize - System of a Down
Encore - Eminem

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
il_794xN.1501868680_f6f1.jpg
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

is-this-real-56053db7e6455_1400x.jpg
Wipers - Is This Real?

Crooked-Rain-cover-640x640.jpg
Pavement - Crooked Rain

R-50598-1520365149-2297.jpeg.jpg
Renegade Soundwave - Soundclash

And now for my favorite the perfect Rob Crow albums:

Heavy Vegetable - The Amazing Undersea Adventures of Aqua Kitty and Friends

unnamed.jpg
Heavy Vegetable - Frisbee

7503944_so.jpg
Goblin Cock - Bagged and Boarded

895283000225.jpg
Goblin Cock - Come With Me If You Want To Live

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino