Perfect Albums Thread -

Hate

Love to hate.
kiwifarms.net
Genuinely I think every album Death released is perfect. A rare thing for a band or artist to NOT release a mediocre or bad album. But if I had to pick which one I like the best, i have to choose Leprosy
MwhGPBAuEemQGR6Q3jW3vA-6qqTJhtBEemhXCe2l_IEHw.jpeg

Reactions: Calandrino

TheProdigalStunna

Fucking destruction
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While I'm hesitant to call anything perfect (besides Mozart's Requiem in D Minor maybe), these come pretty damn close:

Can - Tago Mago (greatest album in the history of popular music? I think so, and I've thought so since I was 16)
Pharoah Sanders - Karma
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Public Image Ltd. - Metal Box
Tim Buckley - Starsailor
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
Swans - Swans Are Dead (a live album, mainly the best tracks from Great Annihilator, Soundtracks from the Blind, a few from Gira and Jarboe's solo albums, and a few originals. And it it is brilliant. All 2.5 hours)
Glenn Branca - The Ascension
Gang of Four - Entertainment
Miles Davis - A Silent Way
The End of Evangelion OST (it being paired with my personal favorite film of all time might have something do with this one)

nukes

kiwifarms.net
MBDTF by Kanye. Really beautiful album. Even if you aren’t a fan of the genre or of Kanye, I would suggest giving this album a listen if you haven’t already. Pretty generic suggestion since everyone and their mum knows of this album, but it really is great.

Baby by Born Without Bones

You’re Dead! by Flying Lotus

Capacity by Big Thief

Reactions: mothmans

Troon Draugur

Stilgar of Troon. Facial Fremen-isation surgery
kiwifarms.net
tw.jpg

I don't think I've ever started listening to this album and not immediately been drawn in to staying until the end. I love pretty much all of Waits' music but this era is far and away my favourite.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Dialtone and Sundae

Robert Sanvagene

Autistic Lives Matter™
kiwifarms.net
Can - Tago Mago (greatest album in the history of popular music? I think so, and I've thought so since I was 16)
Hells to the yes. "Halleluhwah" is the most perfect track ever recorded IMHO.

Most of the all-time greats (at least in my opinion) have already been named ITT, but there are a still a couple of albums that I'd give 9.9/10, being "Moon Safari" by Air and "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac.

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Some personal favorites:

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape

Emphatic - Damage

Sabaton - The Last Stand

The Hu - The Gereg

View attachment 1347459
I don't think I've ever started listening to this album and not immediately been drawn in to staying until the end. I love pretty much all of Waits' music but this era is far and away my favorite.
Same. Most people prefer his later material, but personally I prefer his earlier works.

Speaking of which:

Tags
None