Votes: 558 52.9%

Votes: 233 22.1%
  • 3~5

Votes: 91 8.6%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 54 5.1%

• Total voters

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

No. Silver is not a rare earth element. The rare earth metals (which are all chemically quite similar but have very different magnetic and conductive properties) are used in a fair bit of high end military hardware and especially lasers and superconductors. While silver has SOME military value (anything that needs perfect reflectivity) it's of a totally different element group.

Prester John

kiwifarms.net
No. Silver is not a rare earth element. The rare earth metals (which are all chemically quite similar but have very different magnetic and conductive properties) are used in a fair bit of high end military hardware and especially lasers and superconductors. While silver has SOME military value (anything that needs perfect reflectivity) it's of a totally different element group.
I believe the intended category is precious metals.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine burying one of these coins and 10,000 years later someone unearths it and it ends up in a museum.

I am reminded once again of Sandersons "mistborn'.

"I write these words in steel, for anything not written on metal cannot be trusted".

I've honestly been thinking about the Mistborn trilogy lately. I read it years ago not really understanding what Sanderson was trying to get at. In the story, the heroine is born into a defeated world. The epic battle between good and evil happened ages ago and....nobody won. The world was simply cast into an endless myopic present that was turning year by year to death. Not with a bang but a whimper.

But through the story it was revealed that the incarnation of Ruin (entropy, death, Satan) had pulled a fast one on the incarnation of Creation (Rebirth, life, God the Father). He realized he was evenly matched against his enemy, except for one crucial detail. He could lie, use the spoken word to lie, and more importantly use the WRITTEN word to lie. Even better he could swoop in without warning and physically alter written words in order to warp reality and guide humanity to its doom.

He had one limitation however. Ruin could not alter the State of the elements. He could change words on a page of parchment, in a book or even on the impure sand made up of numerous elements. For all these were independent of the creative force. And he happily changed the words written in such mediums to guide humanity to extinction, and even ultimately to killing God himself. With lies. By the end of the third book, everything the main characters write is transformed into "I want you to die, die, DIE. "

But there was a way out. The true history was written in metal and Ruin could not edit, delete or....ban it. And from that truth the heroes were able to realize the danger and fight it.

Yeah, this kiwi coin is incidental to this, but I am suddenly aware that just like Ruin in Mistborne, 'the powers that be" in our world are able to alter reality and history at whim, simply by a few careful edits to words, and "minor" alterations of definitions. And if you dare to notice what is going on, well, you need to be gotten rid of.

Write your words in metal. I will now take my autism stickers.

GENERAL MAO

The original gold farmer.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine burying one of these coins and 10,000 years later someone unearths it and it ends up in a museum.

"I write these words in steel, for anything not written on metal cannot be trusted".

I've honestly been thinking about the Mistborn trilogy lately. I read it years ago not really understanding what Sanderson was trying to get at. In the story, the heroine is born into a defeated world. The epic battle between good and evil happened ages ago and....nobody won. The world was simply cast into an endless myopic present that was turning year by year to death. Not with a bang but a whimper.

But through the story it was revealed that the incarnation of Ruin (entropy, death, Satan) had pulled a fast one on the incarnation of Creation (Rebirth, life, God the Father). He realized he was evenly matched against his enemy, except for one crucial detail. He could lie, use the spoken word to lie, and more importantly use the WRITTEN word to lie. Even better he could swoop in without warning and physically alter written words in order to warp reality and guide humanity to its doom.

He had one limitation however. Ruin could not alter the State of the elements. He could change words on a page of parchment, in a book or even on the impure sand made up of numerous elements. For all these were independent of the creative force. And he happily changed the words written in such mediums to guide humanity to extinction, and even ultimately to killing God himself. With lies. By the end of the third book, everything the main characters write is transformed into "I want you to die, die, DIE. "

But there was a way out. The true history was written in metal and Ruin could not edit, delete or....ban it. And from that truth the heroes were able to realize the danger and fight it.

Yeah, this kiwi coin is incidental to this, but I am suddenly aware that just like Ruin in Mistborne, 'the powers that be" in our world are able to alter reality and history at whim, simply by a few careful edits to words, and "minor" alterations of definitions. And if you dare to notice what is going on, well, you need to be gotten rid of.

just buy the coin and shut up everyone on this site is dead in 100 years, could you imagine if this website was full of old age people now that would be amazing

ForTheHoard

Come out and fight me like a man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

What if the shipping vessel went down in the Atlantic and was lost for a thousand years. The silver would eventually be found by treasure hunters and Null will be remembered throughout history as some kind of autistic pirate lord.

Mal0

You wouldn't fuck an app, would you?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If we buy the coin, we should be able to put our KF usernames in the notes section of the invoice. That way Null can brand us as retards who spent money for a commemorative coin.

Speaking of, does buying the coin support the Farms? Like I assume the coin makers take some of the money, but does the rest go to the upkeep of KF? If so, I'll be more likely to buy it than if it were just a cool little piece of merch.

GrinningCat

Just some asshole cat
kiwifarms.net
If we buy the coin, we should be able to put our KF usernames in the notes section of the invoice. That way Null can brand us as retards who spent money for a commemorative coin.

Speaking of, does buying the coin support the Farms? Like I assume the coin makers take some of the money, but does the rest go to the upkeep of KF? If so, I'll be more likely to buy it than if it were just a cool little piece of merch.
It's been told by Null and frankly I'm inclined to believe, considering the costs of these events, that when he does merch runs and stuff like this it's more so to provide us with something of the forum to have and not to make a profit. Whatever he does make probably doesn't really cover much of the event or even the work he put in. If it did though and he's able to make a handsome buck out of it? Well, more the better as it keeps the farms running.

So to summarize, probably does help our supreme feeder leader in one way or another.

Last edited:

Mal0

You wouldn't fuck an app, would you?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been told by Null and frankly I'm inclined to believe, considering the costs of these events, that when he does merch runs and stuff like this it's more so to provide us with something of the forum to have and not to make a profit. Whatever he does make probably doesn't really cover much of the event or even the work he put in. If it did though and he's able to make a handsome buck out of it? Well, more the better as it keeps the farms running.

So to summarize, probably does help our supreme feeder leader in one way or another.
Josh is fat.

But more importantly his streams are good and his website is neat. If it feeds our erverlord and keeps him fat, I'll buy a stupid coin. Definitely better than spending 100$ to buy bitcoin only to send him 30$.

KateHikes14

We can do this the easy way, or the hard way
kiwifarms.net
Josh is fat.

But more importantly his streams are good and his website is neat. If it feeds our erverlord and keeps him fat, I'll buy a stupid coin. Definitely better than spending 100$ to buy bitcoin only to send him 30$.
Just send him visa cards it literally could not be easier.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I'm aggressively pursuing quotes again and to kill some time lets do another poll about the design.

Pair A
Screenshot_2021-02-17_at_04.15.52 (1).png

Alternatives
I asked the artists to kick some designs that had a 'masonic' vibe to them as an alternative to Chris.
unknown (2).pngScreenshot_2021-02-21_at_22.49.57.pngScreenshot_2021-02-21_at_22.50.21.png

To be clear, I don't want to do Terry because I feel that's exploitative unless done along the wishes of his family.

I also don't really want to do other living people besides Chris because Chris is the only lolcow on the site I wouldn't mind paying some money for use of their likeness. Someone like Tommy Tooter could and would sue and with some merit, and someone like Jace is just weird because Jan is very much alive and still doing shit with MDE.

The logo is already on the front so to do a reverse without relying on Chris we'd have to get creative.

It's been told by Null and frankly I'm inclined to believe, considering the costs of these events, that when he does merch runs and stuff like this it's more so to provide us with something of the forum to have and not to make a profit.
If I've given people the inclination that these merchandise runs are not to offset the expenses of the forum I apologize but they absolutely are and they do help tremendously.

I do like the idea of providing people some tangible item to prove the community existed, though.