Peripherals thoughts - What does your brain do in idle

.Woody

I am the snake in my boot
kiwifarms.net
Do you have anything you do to occupy your thoughts? Like when your stuck doing something repetitive or you find yourself incredibly bored. I tend to create things, like challenges: think of something that works in a certain way, break some essential part of it, and try and come up with a solution that doesn't involve replacing what was originally removed. Another thing is listening for definite statements, like whenever I hear someone say never or always I like to try and come up with an exception. Do you do anything similar? If not, is there a particular something you tend to think about more often than other things?

Otis Boi

Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
Anxiety makes sure my brain never shifts into idle.
Pretty much this so i end up constructing elaborate day dream when every i have to do any repetitive task or its a slow day at work. It pretty autistic but a lot of it tends to be centered around space and shit. I tend to do this so i don't go into a death spiral of negative thoughts i.e what if this goes wrong turns usual tends into me be coming a homeless paraplegic with no eyes.

Space it much cooler to think about.

Androgynous Bitch

kiwifarms.net
Pretty much this so i end up constructing elaborate day dream when every i have to do any repetitive task or its a slow day at work. It pretty autistic but a lot of it tends to be centered around space and shit. I tend to do this so i don't go into a death spiral of negative thoughts i.e what if this goes wrong turns usual tends into me be coming a homeless paraplegic with no eyes.

Space it much cooler to think about.
I do pretty much the same thing with overly elaborate daydreams, except I'm a lazy ass writer so mine usually involve my characters, and I like to write down some of them later. I'm not that great at creating coherent story lines though, I kinda just go with hat seems cool.

Reactions: Babyspackle

.Woody

kiwifarms.net
man you guys need all-day meditation and/or a psychiatrist.
I think introspection and internal monologue in whatever form (anxiety, telling stories, solving problems, reflecting on actions, etc.) Is just part of being human. In fact, I'd feel sorry for anyone that isn't engaging themselves with their thoughts in one way or another. That'd be, well, boring.

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
Fuck I wish I knew what idle was, it never ever stops.

Thought I should answer the actual question. I'm a 'storyteller' so my brain can form connections that no one else seems to see, not powerlevelling by that comment, I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else in any way, fuck I'm always being told 'get to the point', not many people can tolerate my storytelling.

I end up down the rabbit hole of my brain for hours, which means I never get enough sleep. It seems that no one else so far has any solid ideas of what to do with these types of brains either. *sigh*

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: The Shadow

The Fool

kiwifarms.net
I think introspection and internal monologue in whatever form (anxiety, telling stories, solving problems, reflecting on actions, etc.) Is just part of being human. In fact, I'd feel sorry for anyone that isn't engaging themselves with their thoughts in one way or another. That'd be, well, boring.
No, I'm pretty sure constant anxiety is a symptom of one of many mental illnesses. I don't think it's a good idea to romanticize mental illness, we have hundreds of threads about people who do that.

.Woody

kiwifarms.net
Fuck I wish I knew what idle was, it never ever stops.

Thought I should answer the actual question. I'm a 'storyteller' so my brain can form connections that no one else seems to see, not powerlevelling by that comment, I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else in any way, fuck I'm always being told 'get to the point', not many people can tolerate my storytelling.

I end up down the rabbit hole of my brain for hours, which means I never get enough sleep. It seems that no one else so far has any solid ideas of what to do with these types of brains either. *sigh*
Have you tried writing any of it down?

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
Have you tried writing any of it down?
Yes and no. I do write a lot of stuff down but it tends to be when I'm highly emotional, which only tends to happen with family shit, helps me work through stuff.
I've never actually written down any of the rabbit hole stuff that is thoughts about all sorts of crap.
In saying that I have participated in certain types of groups in which I'm not backwards in coming forwards with my observations and theories, over the years I've received a lot of flak and been banned a lot, in those situations I've written a lot.

• Feels
Reactions: Y2K Baby
Thinking about random stupid shit, solving all the world's problems, thinking too far ahead and getting anxious, remembering some old embarrassment and inwardly cringing, you know, normal neuroses.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I ten to "run scenario" in my head. For example, maybe I expect someone to get on my case about something or I expect something to be a talking point sometime in the future. I work on my own "script" to make sure I don't sound like a complete jibbering idiot.

If not that, if my brain goes into idle I tend to just talk to myself. Not like, actually imagining people are talking to me, but just kind of carrying on my own monologue/ screaming session to appease no one other than myself.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino