World Pesticides could be making you fat - Over 300lbs? must be those damn pesticides!

Can you please say that again, but less autistically this time?
Uhh... really?

OK, I'll try.

The most popular forms of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) are a patented corn, and a patented soybean. The genetic modification made to those food items was to make them more resistant to RoundUp, a popular pesticide. Therefore, GMO corn and soybeans are more likely to be doused in pesticide than organically grown corn or soybeans.

Was my first post really unclear?

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
Uhh... really?

OK, I'll try.

The most popular forms of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) are a patented corn, and a patented soybean. The genetic modification made to those food items was to make them more resistant to RoundUp, a popular pesticide. Therefore, GMO corn and soybeans are more likely to be doused in pesticide than organically grown corn or soybeans.

Was my first post really unclear?
Thank you, see, this is much clearer, although it's a bit of a correlation fallacy. Before, you didn't use many clarifying words, so I was utterly baffled by your statement.

However, "the most popular form of (X) is used as a Bad Thing" shouldn't be grounds to discard it entirely. Electricity is responsible for thousands of directly linked deaths a year, yet the power still runs.

Also, lemme just say that the current market economy of genetic modification is fucked, and Monsant (I know there's a filter) needs to be either broken up or held more accountable, since it's basically a monopoly in there.

Thank you, see, this is much clearer, although it's a bit of a correlation fallacy. Before, you didn't use many clarifying words, so I was utterly baffled by your statement.

However, "the most popular form of (X) is used as a Bad Thing" shouldn't be grounds to discard it entirely. Electricity is responsible for thousands of directly linked deaths a year, yet the power still runs.

Also, lemme just say that the current market economy of genetic modification is fucked, and Monsant (I know there's a filter) needs to be either broken up or held more accountable, since it's basically a monopoly in there.
No, no, certainly not. Just disagreeing with the statement someone made that "GMO crops have less pesticides than organic crops".

We've been GMing Os since we started farming, we just did it through breeding. I have no problem with the idea, although I don't like some of the IP law surrounding it. The idea of someone owning a patent on the US's food source is deeply, deeply troubling to me.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino