PewDiePie says he will donate $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League - Says that he's doing it to "move on"

Is this a smart decision for PewDiePie?

• Yes

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 177 72.0%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 56 22.8%

• Total voters

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
One vlogger think there's more to this story.
I saw some Youtube commenters reacting who was worth to share.

A CraftyHuragok
ADL should just drop the A an just be called the Defamation league.
coldoustiderightnowtho
Susan Wojcicki won the ADL award of 2018. Kind of obvious why he did it. He will be in the next Youtube Rewind 100% now...

Yan Thériault

My Theory... Youtube can't ignore Pew Die Pie anymore. With this 100M subs, they have to aknowledge his importance on this plateforme. My guess is that Youtube asked some sort of symbolic closure on what divided Youtube and PDP to go forward with this button, a presence that cannot be skipped this year in the Youtube rewind, and to finaly release the Scare Pew Die Pie season 2 production that is still sitting on a shelves at YT. My guess is they had a talk, negociated a peace treaty and came up with this donation thing. It is CLEAR that there is something up since Pew Die Pie NEVER talks about his donations. He hates that and those who does it. It may not be a forced move but it is one that is strategic for sure. I think YT did it.

Vic Viper T301

Commencing attack on the enemy
kiwifarms.net
Everything smells of Pewdiepie being essentially blackmailed into doing this. At least it's a small amount, he's a millionaire so he doesn't give a fuck and that 50K will just disappear into the pockets of some jew.

Atatata

Can't slap on these cheeks
kiwifarms.net
Pewdiepie has mentioned in one or two videos before that his dream is to live in Japan, and that he was willing to go to great lengths for that. He has also mentioned in a video that after the whole Suicide Forest video that it was more difficult for Youtubers to move/work in Japan.

Maybe he's hoping paying off the ADL will give him better chances at moving to glorious Nippon.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
Pewdipie did an oopsie
But no, he's 100% right here, he's saying what everyone thinks, so for him to do a 180 on this a year later he either had to have been affected by Christchurch more than we thought, or someone with authority started putting pressure on him in real life

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
Pewdiepie has mentioned in one or two videos before that his dream is to live in Japan, and that he was willing to go to great lengths for that. He has also mentioned in a video that after the whole Suicide Forest video that it was more difficult for Youtubers to move/work in Japan.

Maybe he's hoping paying off the ADL will give him better chances at moving to glorious Nippon.
Supporting the ADL to live in an ethnostate (as a goy)

Love Soze

kiwifarms.net
I keep seeing people theorize about ADL somehow making him donate, but to me it seems more likely that it was YouTube. This was in his 100M reward video. I wouldn't be surprised if YouTube said "look we want to send you a plaque but you need to do something first..." No doubt he just bought his way into YouTube Rewind.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Smarty Pants

kiwifarms.net
I keep seeing people theorize about ADL somehow making him donate, but to me it seems more likely that it was YouTube. This was in his 100M reward video. I wouldn't be surprised if YouTube said "look we want to send you a plaque but you need to do something first..." No doubt he just bought his way into YouTube Rewind.
Doesn't YT have a thing where they can demonetize your "hateful content" and send the money to an "anti-hate" charity or something?

Bunny Tracks

Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who's just pissed that what was supposed to be a celebratory event has been ruined by stupid decisions, controversy, and conspiracy theories?

Look, I don't give a single shit what PewDiePie's political views are, and the people who do are some of the stupidest motherfuckers on the internet. He's not "redpilled", he's not a libtard, he's just a fucking Youtuber. That's it. He's been treated like shit by media, had his name attached to a mass-murdering psychopath's terrorist attack that he had absolutely nothing to do with, and honestly, I don't think I'd be able to handle it as well as he has.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an incredibly stupid move by him, and I really wish he hadn't done it. Is he being blackmailed? I honestly don't know. I do think this is something he did begrudgingly. The way his smile disappeared at the end of the video just told me something was wrong. I think he knew he was going to receive a lot of backlash when he did this, and honestly, it tears me up inside that something that was supposed to a huge milestone for him, hell, next to him getting married, the biggest milestone for him, had to be ruined for such a stupid reason.

I'm not going to get mad at Pewds for not trying to spite the ADL. He's just not that kind of person, and truthfully, I don't wish for him to be. We have enough people like that in the world, and more often than not, they do more harm than good. I don't know if he was pressured into doing this, but I do know that he wasn't happy about it. If I had to guess, if it's not blackmail, then it's because he unfortunately truly did think it would be the only thing that would finally let him move on, and I can't fault him for that. I don't approve of it, but I understand why. I just wish it didn't have to like this, and that it hadn't overshadowed what was supposed to be a momentous occasion for him.

Last edited:

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
I think it's pretty obvious what's happening here whether you want to call it extortion or not is sorta up to you. Basically some big deal came down the pipe whether it was a sponsor or some new series and part of the deal was to donate to the ADL. He did it because he's a cuck.

I think it's no surprise that he does something like that after Christchurch and realizing that a great part of his fans are fucking lunatics which were acquired by being attractive to the Alt-Right. He doesn't has anything to lose except some moronic fans. And reading this thread it already seems to work.
Nobody thought PewDiePie was anything but right of the MSM, which most people are. Nobody believes the PewDiePie is alt-right stuff, it's just a funny meme like Jared Taylor Swift was.

Pewdiepie posted Yukio Mishima's signature on his Instagram.

Interesting as Mishima was a far-right, Japanese nationalist who attempted to overthrow the Japanese government. Why reference a radical, right-wing author right after donating to a leftist organization? It is odd. I doubt Pewdiepie is a red pilled fascist or anything, but he is clearly not sympathetic to the modern left. If he did this to get the wolves off him, why reference an author most would call 'fascist' right after? Then there is the cut off text in his apology. Is it just a joke or does it mean something more? Pewdiepie seems smart if he is referencing Mishima. It is possible he is hiding clues, but that seems very 4D Chess for the situation. /pol/ used to claim he browsed because he had the "you've been fucked by psyops pin" in one video, but that was never confirmed. And Pewdiepie seems more like a guy who likes edgy humour instead of any real politicical change. Really curious situation. The public is missing a piece to it.

The likely explanation is a deal between him and YouTube. YouTube starts using his name again, and, if it goes okay, he donates the money and they restore him. Then he goes back to making his content. Why post Mishima though? Does he consider this his suicide? Pewdiepie committing sudoku for some future possibility or attention to make himself a martyr. The blackmail theory seems too out there. What could someone have on the Internet's biggest YouTube guy to destroy him? Pewdiepie's fans are literally loyal to death (almost like Mishima's followers...)

The whole affair stinks.
The Mishima stuff was over a year ago, and he wasn't quite as racist/sexist/whatever as people would like to make you think. He was a nationalist though. This is now. Looks like PewDiePie wasn't able to live up to his favorite author's aesthetic and fall on his sword though.

50k isn't nearly enough to appease the ADL, but more than enough that any normal person would think it ought to if you point to it. A tidy sum. Hopefully delivered in the form of 6,000,000 Vietnamese Dongs.

edit: nvm, $6,000,000 VND = $258 USD lol what a joke of a country.
It's not about the money. This is chump change for both PewDiePie (especially since it's probably part of a big deal for him) and the ADL while being enough for people to feel like it's a lot. It isn't about his money; it's about his soul.

@Iwasamwillbe
Are you Jewish?

Reactions: Spastic Colon

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
Adl is an Arabic word for justice, and the organization bearing that moniker certainly delivers.

Pewds is just paying these gentleman much like Americans used to pay their local fire departments. It would be really unfortunate if everything somebody loved burned to the ground which is why some people pay organizations dedicated to preventing unfortunate happenings.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3119967d0c

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not about the money. This is chump change for both PewDiePie (especially since it's probably part of a big deal for him) and the ADL while being enough for people to feel like it's a lot. It isn't about his money; it's about his soul.
Exactly. He's not being made to suck the dick to completion. But he is being made to pay his dues.

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
Getting down on his knees to the ADL is not a good long term plan for his new family.
If he was smart he leverage what he has going on now to get a "real" job.
Right now YT is his whole life. They could end him tomorrow on a whim. There is no other "youtube" to go to and make money streaming.
Imagine being an indentured servant to a scumbag company like google. They own his ass.
Might earn me "autistic" but really reminds me of Gail Wynand, if you read The Fountainhead. He pandered too hard to the masses and bent too much to outside pressures that when he had enough and decided to live publicly as he lived privately, they butchered him and he had to turn back to their mouthpiece to get back into the fold. Rand had her moments.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Crack theory, but what if Pewdiepie purposely scripted his actions to deal a secret blow to Youtube and the ADL while appearing to do them a favor? Sure, 50K is a lotta money by normie standards, but for entities like Pewdiepie and the ADL it's chump change. The point is, regardless of whether or not he's actually being blackmailed/coerced, it's what everyone on the Internet believes now. It's telling that the only people "buying" it are shill media outlets (and you know they'd be ready to stab him in the back at the first sign of wrongthink) and for someone who's been on the platform for that long there's no way he couldn't have seen that sort of reaction to this sort of announcement.

MrTickles

Ducking Fegenerate
kiwifarms.net
Nobody is without a final price. He married a woman that eats 100% vegan and dabbles in designed clothing. That's the most pricey diet in the developed world and the most pricey past time on earth. Couple that with his 10+ mansions around the world that he purchased, all of which have to be maintained; most of which are premium taxed as foreigner owned because the stupid weeb purchased most of them in Japan; the weeb-swede is inevitably going to suckle the teet of his new masters for an extra shekel or three.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino