Phil's Dark Skin Anxiety - Strong Conditioned Response or Garden Variety Racism?

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phil always bite his finger nails when Black characters talking..................i've noticed it many times now

View attachment 754898
Big ups to @N0thingICanDo and their powers of observation.

Over the last few months we've had multiple documented instances of Phil biting his nails and/or fingertips when black people turn up in video games. Mostly they've been posted in the general thread but I thought this was a curious enough phenomenon that it deserved its own place for archiving and discussion, mostly because out of all of Phil's tics (t-posing, rocking, rolling eyes, etc.) this one appears to be a response to a specific stimulus and the Pavlov in me wants to analyze the fuck out of this.

Possible Origins
He told the story of his talented Street Fighter tournament player buddy getting gunned down tragically cutting his life short during the Ask the King (of Gout) last week. Gunman's skin tone may have been the source of this tic? It's a weird thing to pick up but if he's doing it unconsciously you can't argue with the sustained pattern after enough establishment of it being continual.
Here lies T, RIP in (italian-spiced) pepperoni. Thread is here. Many grains of salt and so on and so forth but at least it's consistent with Phil's other tales of the Mean Streets of Bridgeport. Phil may have lost someone close to him or been the victim of violence himself from an awful darkie.

Then again...

Further discussion and archiving of all past and current examples can go here; I'd dive through general again but ~4 months is a lot of pages to go through and my autism level isn't strong enough. If you know you've posted an instance and have an archive, throw it up here too so they're all together.

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there a compilation of this?

Either way, this meme will make its way to Phil's knowledge via his fans or his own morbid curiosity to check out these forums. I can't wait to see how much he overcorrects to avoid looking racist.
I'm sure if there isn't now that there will be within the next day or two. Autism is efficient, if not productive.

One thing I can really appreciate about Phil is that he hardly scrubs anything anymore. In his case in particular it's nearly always pointless because half a dozen people at minimum are constantly capturing his idiocy as he does it, but while Rule One ("Archive Everything, Asshole") should always be followed you can always count on Phil to be too lazy to remove anything potentially damaging. He just can't be bothered, and he's completely comfortable in his confidence that internet weirdos will continue to pay his bills regardless of what he does. We get all the reactions to people calling him on things and none of the frantic, behind-the-scenes disinfection following. Pretty great.

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure if there isn't now that there will be within the next day or two. Autism is efficient, if not productive.

One thing I can really appreciate about Phil is that he hardly scrubs anything anymore. In his case in particular it's nearly always pointless because half a dozen people at minimum are constantly capturing his idiocy as he does it, but while Rule One ("Archive Everything, Asshole") should always be followed you can always count on Phil to be too lazy to remove anything potentially damaging. He just can't be bothered, and he's completely comfortable in his confidence that internet weirdos will continue to pay his bills regardless of what he does. We get all the reactions to people calling him on things and none of the frantic, behind-the-scenes disinfection following. Pretty great.
I think @David Davidson has a few pictures on twitter?

lavrentiyberia

kiwifarms.net
Phil is always sniffing his fingers, touching his beard, or biting his nails. Especially during cutscenes.

Matching it with black people on screen is just coincidence.
I don't know, I was watching him pretty closely during the recent Life is Strange stream, he did it every single time the black nurse Joey was on screen, and then stopped as soon as he left the scene.

break these cuffs

Al Qaeda Jada
kiwifarms.net
I don't know, I was watching him pretty closely during the recent Life is Strange stream, he did it every single time the black nurse Joey was on screen, and then stopped as soon as he left the scene.
He might be biting his nails because he knows he'll just scream out NIGGER if he leaves himself and opening.

edit. I'm a tard.

Last edited:

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
Phil is always sniffing his fingers, touching his beard, or biting his nails. Especially during cutscenes.

Matching it with black people on screen is just coincidence.
I think if we really want to investigate this phenomena we need to include any instance we come across where Phil randomly begins intently gnawing at his fingernails so that we can get a better idea of whether this is triggered by the appearance of darkies or if it's just another of his behavior ticks that happens to frequently coincide with the appearance of darkies.