Phil's Dark Skin Anxiety - Strong Conditioned Response or Garden Variety Racism?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Ted’s Lolcow Emporium

kiwifarms.net
Dave is 100% the typical New England racist. The type that looks down on the dumb hicks in the south with their Confederate flags yet talks about how good the neighborhood used to be until “those people” moved in. Boston is pretty much made up of people like him. I 100% bet if it was after 8 in Phil’s gated community and there was a black person walking about that he didn’t recognize he or Kat would keep an eye on them.

Sparkletor 2.0

Shhhh
kiwifarms.net
Dave is 100% the typical New England racist. The type that looks down on the dumb hicks in the south with their Confederate flags yet talks about how good the neighborhood used to be until “those people” moved in. Boston is pretty much made up of people like him. I 100% bet if it was after 8 in Phil’s gated community and there was a black person walking about that he didn’t recognize he or Kat would keep an eye on them.
Phil does have black neighbors. One is the lady who got SWATTED years before Phil moved in. Her drug dealer son kidnapped and robbed some lady for her pills and the cops thought he went to his mom's house. They shot gas and whatever into her condo wrecking it up.

Wurstbrot

Yikes, amateur night
kiwifarms.net
Phil does have black neighbors. One is the lady who got SWATTED years before Phil moved in. Her drug dealer son kidnapped and robbed some lady for her pills and the cops thought he went to his mom's house. They shot gas and whatever into her condo wrecking it up.
Now I get it. A "gated community" is a voluntary overpriced prison. Then stay there, Phil, you fit right in.

LyteSydeByll

kiwifarms.net
1597984379254.png

Jeez, can't keep his hoof out of his mouth when Petra shows up

Shirō Ishii

War crimes? What war crimes?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't think this was going to be addressed, but as much as he's uncomfortable around Tevins, even he knows what the correct "opinion" is

Phil addresses this at the 50 second mark of the video.

Pretty Boy Extremism

IT'S THE JACKEEEEET
kiwifarms.net
I’m really hoping that it isn’t Petra’s darker skin he is afraid of, but that his fear of black people is evolving into a fear of women too.
It's a mystery, from the beginning I was baffled at how he does his autism hoof bite when he sees PETRA of all people, if you compare her to the average character in the game she's barely even tan!
For all his bragging about being Itahlien, imagine him visiting Italy and walking through a street. Even if all the people presently on the street were 100% Full Blooded Itahlien he still would have to keep his foot in his mouth non-stop when he sees the more tan ones.

Zappin’ And Spazzin’

"This is NO paradise..."
kiwifarms.net
From last night’s Cyberpunk stream:
9726931F-3AF9-4BD9-AC90-FE008F34618B.png
0CED2C77-93BE-43E9-B2C4-585E8E2C6D39.png
Phil was happy to stall around the bar, staring at arcade machines and other irrelevant background shit, but the moment he stepped on the streets, surrounded by minorities and hookers, he clammed up and ran as fast as he could to the actual objective. He didn’t say a single word when the niggo’s head manually leaned into the car.

TheGoutburglar

The only good pigroach is a salty one.
kiwifarms.net
I would think that Phil had some kind of traumatizing experience with a big scary black kid when he was young, but there is way more evidence to indicate that he's simply the product of a sheltered upbringing. He has clearly kept his personal interactions with people to an absolute minimum, all of his life, rendering the likelihood of such an incident very low.

Oh, and of course there is his lack of maturity. Or a conscience.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From last night’s Cyberpunk stream:
View attachment 1781874
View attachment 1781875
Phil was happy to stall around the bar, staring at arcade machines and other irrelevant background shit, but the moment he stepped on the streets, surrounded by minorities and hookers, he clammed up and ran as fast as he could to the actual objective. He didn’t say a single word when the niggo’s head manually leaned into the car.
LMAO, ptsd from his childhood in the mean streets of Bridgeport, where no bike was safe from the swarthy menace

UncleTusky

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would think that Phil had some kind of traumatizing experience with a big scary black kid when he was young, but there is way more evidence to indicate that he's simply the product of a sheltered upbringing. He has clearly kept his personal interactions with people to an absolute minimum, all of his life, rendering the likelihood of such an incident very low.

Oh, and of course there is his lack of maturity. Or a conscience.

In his own telling Phil grew up in an area with a fair number of black kids and this is probably true - Bridgeport is 30% black and his dad was a warehouse foreman when he had Phil so it's entirely possible he could not afford anywhere better. Even if we say there was a black part of town and he didn't live there, law of averages says he would have run into black kids a fair amount.

Now for the funny part: In his own telling, none of the black kids in his neighborhood would ever play with him because they were constantly breaking their toys and he would not let them play with his when they did :story: :story: :story: . So yes, he was traumatized by..... kids not liking him for being a selfish brat.

We know how he feels about Asians (probably because they constantly humiliated him in his FGC days) but does he get this nervous about Latinos or Arabs? He probably didn't have much personal experience with them (Latinos tend to live in the states around CT instead for whatever reason and Arab Americans just are not very common) so if he doesn't it's probably as simple and retarded as, "a black/Asian guy didn't give me what I want, so I'm going to hold a grudge against his race for life".

TheGoutburglar

The only good pigroach is a salty one.
kiwifarms.net
The problem I have with that story is the implication that Phil didn't break his toys, because he managed to damage his statues even though they're not toys and he's supposed to be an adult anyway (in his narrative especially). I cannot picture Lil Phil being anything other than that kid whose toys never remained in working order for more than a few months.

OverlySensitive

Give her a pill
kiwifarms.net
I can confirm this.

I have no idea what it is with those people but I think the overabundance of privileged wealth for the area is the problem. Parents donate their kids through school so its not like they even learn basic English and then they grow up to do the same with their kids while whittling away the money their ancestors hoarded in the past when income was tax free.

Its a heritage to be a lazy hateful fuck in New England I find.

But I don't think Phil's nail-biting has anything to do with a characters race.
When I first heard that said a while back I started paying attention so I ask when does he not bite his nails? Happily I have the answer for that! When he is picking at his fungi toes, trying to pry out some ear infection, pulling out his goatee hairs to nibble on, rubbing the bald spots on his head, cupping his chin in his hand like a ball sack, picking any dry snot he didn't inhale down to digest, itching his pits, fingering his pink eye or sniffing his fingers. He doubled his fists and took a DEEP inhale of them once. Pretty fucked up to see.