Piers Anthony is a Pedophile -

N

NN 401

kiwifarms.net
One of the Bene Gesserit compares Vlad to the former and says he wouldn't let himself get fat. Rabban is described as headed in the same direction as Vlad and eventually will need one of those floating suits too.

(The kind of people who bitch about fat-shaming in fiction have complained a lot about the Baron because everything about his physical condition from his fat to his other disgusting skin conditions is portrayed as if it is a moral failing, and in the book actually is. LGBT people have bitched because he's portrayed as sinister and evil for being gay, which isn't really true, as the main thing wrong with him is he's a predatory pedophile.)

Popping into add my Dune spergery.

Herbert also wrote another character mentioning that the Baron had let himself become fat because he enjoyed how uncomfortable it made other people.

POVs in Dune are not reliable.

Edit:

Fuck Kevin J Anderson.

If the Bene Gesserit wanted his DNA why didn’t they break both his arms and rape him instead.
The BG don’t exactly have sex in that “enthusiastic consent way” except when they, rarely, find someone they kind of like but if the Baron’s kink was rape I have no problem believing that they’d let him think he raped an Adept.

Otherwise, I think raping a BG would lead to a very horrible dick-ectomy via vaginal contraction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
By his own admission Piers Anthony is a "dirty old man" so frankly I'm not surprised.

When I saw that he had written a book called "The Colour of Her Panties" and developed in Xanth the idea of the Adult Conspiracy, I thought it was just him poking fun at moral guardians. But then again, all the Xanth books seem to have, as well as some of the most horrific puns I've ever encountered, a bit of a running theme of teenagers having a sexual awakening often in slightly creepy ways. I remember reading some of them, I think it was "Harpy Thyme" about Gloha the prettiest half-goblin half-harpy in Xanth, and thinking, hmmmm, does the author need to take a seat right over there?

This makes "Letters to Jenny" and the insertion of Jenny Elf and Sammy Cat into the Xanth novel "Isle of View" really fucking sinister.

(For those who don't know, Jenny Gildwarg aged 12 was run over by a drunk driver and left almost totally paralysed. Her mother wrote to Piers Anthony as she (Jenny) had been a huge fan of Xanth beforehand and Piers Anthony exchanged a number of letters with Jenny and made the character of Jenny Elf based upon her. Only having just now pieced things together does this seem all a bit predatory.)

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
I downloaded the book and read it because you know curiosity killed the cat.

The OP passage is about a female prosecutor trying to get testimony from the young girl.

The explicate writing is as bad as the few lines the OP quotes. I never knew about this and that changes my views of him.

Here is his actual authors note at the end of the book where he tries to justify what he wrote and perverted people:

I've tried to fix the pdf formatting. Sorry if I missed something.

- Author's Note -This is, as you may have gathered, a special novel, the first of several unrelated projects I have had in mind for some time that are of more consequence than my fantasy. From inception to completion was about seven years, because I did not pursue it until I was satisfied about its nature. It is technically a monster story, concluding with a suggestion of the horror to come when alien fireflies who understand man are loosed on the world. If one ignorant monster could cause such mischief, what of the knowledgeable ones? I have no sequel in mind; the reader may imagine that aspect for himself. The essence of this novel is in the characters, especially Œnone. I am of course in love with her, as I am with all my leading ladies, and I hope you are too, if you are male, and that you understand her if you are female. She represents the triumph of imagination over dull reality or quiet desperation, and I think there are many women like her to some degree. This can be an ugly world.This novel addresses more than peripherally the problem of abuse. It occurs in many forms, physical and emotional, and is exacerbated by the insensitivity,ignorance, or downright malice of others. It does happen in "nice" families, and much of it is not of the screaming rape type. It may be subtle and persistent,yet it can be hellish. The games five-year-old Nymph played with Mad were a joy to her at the time, but it was nevertheless abuse by our society's definition(not necessarily by that of other societies), and her life was significantly colored by the experience thirty years later. What happened to May is unfortunately also not that rare. I don't know what to do about such problems,but surely there will be no genuine solutions until there is a proper recognition of the situation.The setting for this novel is my home; Œnone used our guest bedroom. The house,cabin, landscape, roads, trees, and wildlife are as described, except for

location; my avocation is tree farming. I believe that the salvation of the world well may lie in trees, and not just the commercial varieties. The community of wild creatures resides in the non commercial wilderness.One of the included stories was written by Santiago Hernandez, in prison for pedophilia. This is one of the few nonsexual, nonromantic entries: the one about two professors pondering exchanging their spouses, concluding with a referenceto me: the ogre in the Flower State near the cartoon-comic city. This is the story Œnone did not tell; Geode dreamed she was telling it, so it was a product of his own imagination, and came out completely different from any she would have told. The point is that later, when the monster starts telling him stories,he knows it really is Œnone, because he can not invent anything similar himself.I know this one is not the kind I would devise, because I did not; to me it ismostly incomprehensible, as a wild dream might be.But this is another bit of evidence of the problem in our society: as far as Iknow, Santiago Hernandez did not hurt anyone. He just happens to be sexually attracted to small boys. We assume that the only normal state is adult heterosexuality, and certainly this is my own preference, but I am in doubt whether other types of interest are not also natural to our species.Homosexual men, for example, are not likely to produce many offspring, yet around the world the percentage of homosexuals remains fairly constant at about ten percent. I suspect there is a similarly constant percentage of bisexuals, and of other supposedly deviant preferences. There seems to be a broad spectrum of human desire, and what we call normal is only the central component. May's sadistic husband was sexually normal by the standard definition. It may be that the problem is not with what is deviant, but with our definitions. I suggest in the novel that little Nymph was abused not by the man with whom she had sex, but by members of her family who warped her taste, and by the society that preferred to condemn her lover rather than address the source of the problem in her family.Those who feel that Œnone's stories represent abnormal taste should read MySecret Garden by Nancy Friday, which details some of the sexual fantasies of women. Neither is Nymph an invention; similar cases are all too frequent.These aspects were from my research rather than my imagination. I don't know what isright and what is wrong; I merely hope to raise some social questions along with the entertainment provided in the novel. I suspect our priorities are confused.We have problems enough with world hunger and injustice, without making more by punishing people for deviant but perhaps harmless behavior.Copyright (c) 1990 by Piers Anthony Jacob - ISBN 0-688-09705-7