PIllowfort - For people who find Tumblr too triggering

J

JU 199

kiwifarms.net
Somewhere out there... there's a group of people so fragile that cant even handle tumblr. Some brave soul couldn't let this tragedy come to pass, and so created-

http://pillowfort-io.tumblr.com/

pillowfort.png

Pillowfort is a proposed space for the ultimate special snowflake. A safe zone where :reality: can never penetrate. Currently the website in development and has set up a tumblr page in the interim

tumblr_nudsdsgFFV1uq851vo2_1280.jpg

From the first post
Hello everyone, now seems like a good time to finally tell you all aboutPillowfort.io, a blogging platform that I (juliabaritz) and vaguestblogging have been working on for a while. Basically, we wanted to start a new blogging platform that takes our favorite features from sites we’ve used like Tumblr and LiveJournal, and create the best kind of blogging platform we could think of. Our goals for Pillowfort are to create a place where fans and creators alike can share their work, create a community of their own, and do so in a positive and safe environment.
On Pillowfort you’ll be able to run a personal blog similar to how Tumblr blogs operate, but also create communities similar to the ones that LiveJournal features, so that you can easily share content with people who share your tastes and interests. We’re also working on privacy features like blocking users, the ability to make posts rebloggable or un-rebloggable, and creating privacy lists so that your posts will only be visible to certain users. In the next few weeks, we’ll have more detailed posts about what Pillowfort is going to look like and what features we’ll be including, but above are a couple screenshots from the current state of the site so you can see what we’re going for.
We want to get the word out, so share this post if you would be interested in using a site like this so we can get an idea of how many people are interested!This site would also be a very large undertaking for us to attempt to finish ourselves, so we would love for people who would be interested in helping us with the programming to contact us and let us know that you’re interested. The app is built on Rails and currently deployed on Heroku (using Postgres for the database), so a familiarity with Rails and PSQL is greatly preferred.

A JPEG backup of the above
pillowfort_info.jpg

The FAQ
FAQ!
First of all, I just want to say thanks for all of the attention that Pillowfort has gotten and all of the feedback you’ve sent us! It’s really helped me to figure out what people want to see from the site and has given me some really good new ideas for how to proceed with development. As promised, here are the answers to many of your most common questions that we’ve gotten over the last few days:

1. What is the estimated launch date for Pillowfort?

To be frank, at this point I can not yet give you a reliable release date, simply because I am still in the process of replying to inquiries from developers who want to contribute to the site, and therefore I don’t know what our manpower is going to be yet. Hopefully within the next week I can give you all a better idea of what our dev team looks like and how soon we can get a beta launch of the site up. Which features we will be able to release with the beta and which ones will have to wait to be developed at a later time will also depend on the dev team and other factors, so once the dev team is expanded and we decide on a schedule I will release a list of which features we plan to include in the initial launch of the site, and which ones we will wait to develop afterwards.

2. Will we be able to import Tumblr posts to Pillowfort? / Will there be a PM or one-on-one chat feature? / Will we be able to customize our blog themes and/or the look of the dashboard? / Can we have side blogs associated with our main blog?

These are all features that we would like to incorporate into the site at some point, but we cannot tell you yet if we will be able to build them in time for the initial site launch. Essentially, we have to do a balancing act between time and content; we want to get the site up for all of you as soon as we can, but we also want the site, even just the beta site, to be one that is fully enjoyable and has all the necessary components to make it the fun new home you’re all hoping for. So, once the dev team has been finalized (hopefully within the next week), we will decide on which features we will aim to develop for the initial site launch, and which features we will table to work on later. We’ll release that list once we decide on it so you will all know what to experience. If a feature doesn’t make it on our list for the initial launch, it doesn’t mean that we think it’s unimportant or that we don’t think people care about it, it just means that we have to divide our remaining features into “absolutely necessary for site launch” and “not absolutely necessary,” and any features that fall into the latter category are still important to us, but for various reasons will have to be put off until a little later, usually because of complexity or because it’s not central to the essential functioning of the site.

3. What’s the site’s policy on harassment, bullying, Nazi blogs, etc?

Pillowfort will not take harassment and cruelty lightly. While the specifics of what constitutes a bannable offense will be defined once we get closer to launch, we can at least say that threatening another user, encouraging suicide, etc. will be grounds for account termination, as will promoting the ideologies of violent hate groups such as Nazism.

4. How will you fund the website?

This is also something that I will have to discuss with the rest of the dev team, so we can first put together what our budget will be, and then decide how we go about financing it. Right now I lean towards crowdfunding, since many of you already said you would like to donate to us (which is so sweet!), but some people also said they would not mind advertising. I had the idea of possibly doing an opt-in advertising system, i.e. advertising would be off by default, but if users like the site enough they can opt in to view ads to help finance the site, and this feature will also be easy to toggle on and off. That part is just an idea right now though, and as with the feature list we will let you know about our financing plans in the near future!Thanks again for all of your support and input, and feel free to keep sending us any other questions about the site that have not been answered either in this FAQ or in our previous asks.

choice quote

Pillowfort will not take harassment and cruelty lightly. While the specifics of what constitutes a bannable offense will be defined once we get closer to launch, we can at least say that threatening another user, encouraging suicide, etc. will be grounds for account termination, as will promoting the ideologies of violent hate groups such as Nazism.

From the most recent posts

pillowfort_AKS.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Somewhere out there... there is a group of people so fragile that cant even handle tumblr. Some brave soul couldn't let this tragedy come to pass, and so created-

http://pillowfort-io.tumblr.com/

Enjoy

So basically, "we want to do this thing but none of us has the foggiest fucking clue how to program or design anything, so please do that for us for free."

EnixSquared

my mom is cool and my mom will treat you right
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I first had heard of this I thought it was going to be a Sam Hyde-esque troll, but now that there is actual names attached to it I have lost all hope.

How do they plan on enforcing this? What's stopping me from making tons of socks and calling everyone faggots?
My guess is Disney level swearing filters for 'offensive' words.

wheat pasta

You're not real! Fuck you!
kiwifarms.net
So basically, "we want to do this thing but none of us has the foggiest fucking clue how to program or design anything, so please do that for us for free."
It's definitely doomed to failure, they asked tumblr for help and tumblr is full of a bunch of talentless lazy nobodies who wouldn't help anyone without something in it for themselves.
Oh, but we could always get their art community to draw some ugly fat black trans womyn with prominent leg hairs, I bet that'd help!

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
How do they plan on enforcing this? What's stopping me from making tons of socks and calling everyone faggots?

They'll have rules that look strict on the surface, but then have a favored little cult of SJWs who are allowed to get away with murder. So it will be against the rules to harass people, just like it supposedly is on dumblr, but not if they commit a heinous crime, like drawing a character as not being morbidly obese.

Hat

Tranny Sayaka Miki
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Someone should make a black separatist/black nationalist blog and see how they respond to it.