Pine trees in hot ass places -

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net
Same reason a shit load of North Germanics settled down ; easier to be evergreen when it’s always spring and summer.

Kornheiser

kiwifarms.net
The pine trees are made for difficult climates so Florida and California are wet enough and dry through out the year.

Banditotron

What's the ugliest part of your body?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some pine trees employ forest fires as a natural part of their life cycle, but introduction of overly flammable trees like eucalyptus trees and also too many people being dumb fire starting fucks has made it so forest fires happen too often. Pine needle beds are flammable by evolutionary design, and pinecones can be opened via heat and the seeds are often resistant to being denatured via heat.

D_Tractor

I'm like the queen of veggies and amazingness.
kiwifarms.net
Some pine trees employ forest fires as a natural part of their life cycle, but introduction of overly flammable trees like eucalyptus trees and also too many people being dumb fire starting fucks has made it so forest fires happen too often. Pine needle beds are flammable by evolutionary design, and pinecones can be opened via heat and the seeds are often resistant to being denatured via heat.
This makes no sense. The northeast half of the US is full of pine trees and hardly ever has massive fires like the west does.

Banditotron

What's the ugliest part of your body?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This makes no sense. The northeast half of the US is full of pine trees and hardly ever has massive fires like the west does.
Yes. This is because there are no imported eucalyptus there. The natural forest fires I am talking about are a sort of once-a-century event. Trees have a much longer life-scale than we do.

$5.3 Million Dollars

Hiding from Rapey Russ
kiwifarms.net
I know they do in Wisconsin and Northern Michigan as I've seen fire warnings out in the boonies in those states. I'm just not sure if they have the population density to make it a big deal or there's other factors at play to make it seem less devastating.

And here it talks about the ones further east.

Demon King

Rising of the Dick hero
kiwifarms.net
Why are there pine trees in places like California and Flordia?
Because pines and other cone bearing trees prefer hot arid climates because some literally use fire to reproduce. They evolved to survive wildfires as well. Sap is also an evolutionary adaptation so trees don't freeze in the wintertime similar to how fish produce proteins in their blood to survive sub zero temp water.

And yeah the eucalyptus trees in California literally explode when they burn, and its part of the reason fires start so easy there. Thank Isreal for those trees lol.