Pixar's Onward - Yet another adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm impressed. Not a sequel and it looks infinitely more entertaining and better-looking than Brave and Coco. Also Chris Pratt always does good work. Might actually consider the idea of watching this thing if bored when it comes out on DVD.

Edit: I've seen more and it's looking really dull... The main characters look really bland, and the subplot about the mom and the boomer manticore doesn't help to improve them. Still the voice acting is top notch. Quite frankly, it feels like an early-mid 2000s Disney movie. Regardless, it still looks way better than Brave and Coco, and that other crap Pixar's making (Soul or something).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyril Sneer

PsychoNerd054

Green people are so sexy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After producing a fourth Toy Story, something original is the least Pixar could do at this point. I'll probably go see it, but as others have said, the artstyle doesn't remind me that much of Pixar, it looks more like something Illumination or Dreamworks would have made.

• Agree
Reactions: Chester Rigby

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
The main characters are just dolled up models of linguini from ratatouille and Kristoff from frozen.
At least the concept is original
Funny that you mention that, because the font for the title is very similar to Frozen's.

I'm not wowed by it, but I'll probably end up watching it and enjoying it in the theater like how I was with Coco. At least it's something original.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Obviously not much to go on for now, but I will say that it does efficiently set up its concept far better than any of the promotional material for The Good Dinosaur did. As for those saying it doesn't feel like Pixar, it is just a teaser. I'm not sure how others felt, but the initial teasers for Inside Out and Coco were incredibly underwhelming and I think those two are the only movies they have released since Toy Story 3 that felt like the glory days.

• Optimistic
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's kind of overdone to have the gimmick of "let's do [x], but set it in modern day suburbia!"
Something about this reminds me of Bee Movie...

That being said, it's not atrocious looking and Pixar usually does neat stuff. Even at their worst, I still enjoy their works.
So, let's see what they can make of this.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This is basically how Shadow Run started, everything was fine then some Goblin decided to fuck with a Cold Fission Reactor that summoned demons in from an alternate dimension and then the demons learned about corporations and then decided they should make one. Then the council of Warlocks tried to control the demons because they're Warlocks and in the process accidentally invented space travel and the internet.

Tags
None