Pixar's Onward - Yet another adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist

Ubiquitous

kiwifarms.net
Just got back from seeing it. It was good. I don't understand the hype from either side in regards to the one lesbian character; she refers to her girlfriend's kid and that's all. Paranorman did it first, a character at the end mentions his boyfriend once:

Very good brother-bond road trip story overall. Also,

I reckon that the dad we see isn't Ian Light foot's biological dad. I think Ian unknowingly spoke to his biological father in Burger Shire when he talks to one of Wilden's old colleagues. Aside from also being skinny with curly hair, we see a brief shot of the guy's son and he looks like Ian.

Plus his mum's going out with a Centaur. She loves all the D.

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Just got back from seeing it. It was good. I don't understand the hype from either side in regards to the one lesbian character; she refers to her girlfriend's kid and that's all. Paranorman did it first, a character at the end mentions his boyfriend once:

Very good brother-bond road trip story overall. Also,

I reckon that the dad we see isn't Ian Light foot's biological dad. I think Ian unknowingly spoke to his biological father in Burger Shire when he talks to one of Wilden's old colleagues. Aside from also being skinny with curly hair, we see a brief shot of the guy's son and he looks like Ian.

Plus his mum's going out with a Centaur. She loves all the D.
If you really want to ask the question, is this appropriate for a kids film? You'd be better off asking WTF Pixar was thinking when they made the humanoid mom's new boyfriend a fucking Centaur.....
Those poor kids, a dead father and a mother getting railed by horse cock...

Quijibo69

Worse Title Ever!
kiwifarms.net
Just watched the movie for free, It's definitely low tier Pixar movie. Much like Brave I didn't care to watch the whole thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Yamma Damma

1911JD

I am so tired of this shit, I swear.
kiwifarms.net
Just watched the movie for free, It's definitely low tier Pixar movie. Much like Brave I didn't care to watch the whole thing.
Yeah, I'd definitely liken it to Brave. Decent, but forgettable. It's on the lower end of Pixar movies for me.

It's a shame too, because I really liked the concept and I thought it was going to be a really great Pixar movie, but I just can't bring myself to like it.

I gotta say though, the reactions to the "my girlfriend" line are somehow both hilarous and infuriating at the same time.
1585071644436.png

Like holy fuck, imagine sperging out this much to a single line made by a single character who appeared in a single scene for about a minute or two.

By the same token, I remember prior to the movie's release, the character was hyped up as "history-making", but I can guarantee you this character isn't significant to LGBT history, film history, animation history, Disney history, or Pixar history.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'd definitely liken it to Brave. Decent, but forgettable. It's on the lower end of Pixar movies for me.

It's a shame too, because I really liked the concept and I thought it was going to be a really great Pixar movie, but I just can't bring myself to like it.

I gotta say though, the reactions to the "my girlfriend" line are somehow both hilarous and infuriating at the same time.
View attachment 1201218

Like holy fuck, imagine sperging out this much to a single line made by a single character who appeared in a single scene for about a minute or two.

By the same token, I remember prior to the movie's release, the character was hyped up as "history-making", but I can guarantee you this character isn't significant to LGBT history, film history, animation history, Disney history, or Pixar history.
Yeah a quick mute button or some clever editing and boom no more lesbian cyclops...yes the irony isn't lost on my that Pixar made their first "openly" gay character ugly as sin 😆

• Agree
Reactions: Chester Rigby

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1201218

This reminds me of reviews about Kingsman:The Secret Service. All these reviews utterly scandalized that an R rated film had a 10 second ass shot of a beautiful woman. Not the over-the-top violence. Not the near machine-gun use of the word “fuck”. Nope, the ass shot had all the people clutching their pearls over how that ruined the movie, they had brought their teenagers to see this! How dare they!

Some of the funniest reviews I’d ever seen. Haribo sugar-free gummie bears did not equal that.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have no interest in seeing this, nothing about its advertising clicked with me so I don't think I'll be seeing it any time soon. My brothers said they enjoyed it thanks to the D&D references, but I don't think too many people have pointed that out. Meh, Soul seems more interesting, but I'm not looking forward to that one either because of how people politicize movies, especially children's movies. Like who fucking cares the entire cast looks to be black? You didn't even fucking care when Princess and the Frog came out, so get your fake shit out of here.

Man, they sure memory-hole'd all that discussion about Finding Dory having a lesbian couple in it (probably because none of those ladies said anything).

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Yeah a quick mute button or some clever editing and boom no more lesbian cyclops...yes the irony isn't lost on my that Pixar made their first "openly" gay character ugly as sin 😆
I would say this was intentional, but the rest of the designs are either just as ugly or generic. So I don't really know.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Chester Rigby

Cyril Sneer

The Fuct of Pepsi-Man
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1201218

Think of it like finding somebody's used bandaid in your hamburger.

This reminds me of reviews about Kingsman:The Secret Service. All these reviews utterly scandalized that an R rated film had a 10 second ass shot of a beautiful woman. Not the over-the-top violence. Not the near machine-gun use of the word “fuck”. Nope, the ass shot had all the people clutching their pearls over how that ruined the movie, they had brought their teenagers to see this! How dare they!

Some of the funniest reviews I’d ever seen. Haribo sugar-free gummie bears did not equal that.
It's funny because the "anal is best, fellow goyim!" scene at the end was just the shitty cherry on top of a generally very creepy film. I don't think my ex-girlfriend ever quite forgave me for "spoiling the movie" by pointing out that the Not!Westboro Baptist Church scene comes off like predictive programming to accustom the audience to extreme violence directed at "acceptable" targets. 🤔

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holy fuck, Corona-chan beat down Onward pretty hard.
Screen shot 2020-03-25 at 11.32.23 AM.png

Talk about poor timing causing Onward to bomb in theaters, though it got released to digital pretty quickly. Real question though, did the movie deserve this cruel fate? It sounds like it was a harmless enough movie despite being made/distributed by companies that have their own internal issues.

If it was just Disney, it'd be funnier. Pixar at least tries to be better.

Tags
None