Please tell me what loneliness is supposed to feel like.

All is Finite

kiwifarms.net
It is the desire to seek human company, as I understand it. Does it have to apply to one particular person or just generally?

People have asked me if I get lonely living on my own, but aside from having desired the company of particular men I have had feelings for I do not have urges that incline me to seek the company of friends and family members or engage in conversation with a random person. Is it like boredom?

I've preferred my own company since highschool/secondary school, the others labeled me a loner but I wasn't really bothered by it.

Last edited:

NigKid

Married to stupid frog
kiwifarms.net
People have asked me if I get lonely living on my own, but aside from having desired the company of particular men I have had feelings for I do not have urges that incline me to seek the company of friends and family members or engage in conversation with a random person. Is it like boredom?

I've preferred my own company since highschool/secondary school, the others labeled me a loner but I wasn't really bothered by it.
then you just like to be alone, as long as you arent lying to yourself about it its perfectly fine

Truth or Consequences

ToC, New Mexico
kiwifarms.net
Loneliness manifests as restlessness for me. It feels kind of like chronic emptiness that you feel overwhelmingly compelled to fill with things that ultimately misfit into the gaping hole in your chest.

Charles P. Scene

show me ur weenie
kiwifarms.net
It's a feeling of emptiness that has you yearn for emotional and/or physical closeness. For me it's just a human urge that I have to satisfy or monke brain get sad.

The Shadow

As you sow evil, so shall you reap.
kiwifarms.net
I separate loneliness and solitude.

Solitude is a desired separation from others, usually only until you decide otherwise.

Loneliness is when you want the company of others, and are unable to find it.

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
You're probably going to experience it as a sense of anxiety and restlessness. That's because lack of social bonds increases the release stress hormones especially in response to experiences of social conflict, all of which evolutionarily exists because lack of social connectness means a person lacks a safety net, meaning if something goes wrong or they get sick/injured they're fucked, so your body's going to constantly be more defensive and hyper vigilant than usual to adjust for that.

Also a lot like stress itself not feeling it doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you're not especially sensitized to the psychological effects of it, and the consequences of long term social isolation on physical and mental health tends to be pretty severe, so while it's easier said than done these days you should make a conscious effort to not just be a shut in weirdo.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Physically, for me, it feels like a weight on my brain that I want to be lifted so I can feel that sense of relief you get when you put something heavy down.

Solar Eclipse Paradox

Niggers from Achernar
kiwifarms.net
You can feel lonely when you're in an area full of people and not when you're away from everyone else. It all boils down to failing to have a stable relationship with everyone else.