Culture Plus-size influencers have message for 'fat-phobic' family members: 'I need your support' -

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, there’s a fat convention? There are so many awful questions I need answered about that.
Like, "How do you sign on for the catering contract?" Bet they make a FORTUNE!

Also, these people don't seem to get that even if I have the good graces to not bring up weight, I'm sure THINKING about it. Just because I won't say "YOU'RE FAT!" to your face doesn't mean the fact you are is not in my mind when I consider things like what kind of group activities we can plan if you're coming along, or if a romantic relationship is on the table.... again, the SJW thinks you can eliminate things by making it verboten to talk aloud about.....

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
If I owned a food truck I’d make the trek there every year.
Sounds like a decent way to start an riot.

Technically, the human body itself is one of the most fatphobic things. If you get too fat, your bones break easier, you get higher risks of cancer, diabetes and heart disease, as well as the silent killer of sleep apnea. If you get too fat, your body eventually wants to kill itself.
And even when they undergo weight-loss surgery or a gastric bypass, it's essentially an coin-toss when it comes to dying from it or something else popping up.

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
Plus-size influencers
You got to be fucking kidding me. I refuse to believe someone actually put this in a real article.

I didn't read the rest (because I value my sanity) but the curvycon thing sounds like hell on Earth. In the 90's in NYC they had BBW events where a bunch of fat chicks would go to a club and it was easy pussy for anyone who was into that sort of thing. I guess a place where everyone hooks up, goes home and gets laid is considered "problematic" in CURRENT YEAR.*sigh*

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
This is like a fucking heroin addict asking for "support" while they've got a goddamn IV filled with the shit hooked up to their arm. I've no sympathy for them and no sympathy for you.
Being fat isn't a disability. Even for people who smoked themselves to lung cancer, lung cancer is still a fucking permanent consequence. Barring a few actual disabilities, you can start the road to not being fat anytime you want, you just lack the willpower and want to be pitied for it.
I cannot believe people exist who enjoy pity instead of being disgusted by it.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
You got to be fucking kidding me. I refuse to believe someone actually put this in a real article.

I didn't read the rest (because I value my sanity) but the curvycon thing sounds like hell on Earth. In the 90's in NYC they had BBW events where a bunch of fat chicks would go to a club and it was easy pussy for anyone who was into that sort of thing. I guess a place where everyone hooks up, goes home and gets laid is considered "problematic" in CURRENT YEAR.*sigh*
I’m not kidding. Someone actually wrote that.

Lunete

Nighty night...
kiwifarms.net
Or you can pay for my gym membership if you really care about it."
Honey your monthly grocery bill is probably higher than the average gym membership.
He'll, just waddle your days as into planet fitness. You can eat pizza while using the ab machine.

• Agree
Reactions: Stay safe

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
The entire "plus-size movement" is riddled with emotional blackmail. Any and all criticism is framed as malicious, unjust discrimination. Trying to correct them is emotional labor.

"Thank you for your concern, but I'm okay. Or you can pay for my gym membership if you really care about it."
"If you really cared about me, you would support me!"

"It can go two ways: You can not talk about my weight ... and then we can sit and watch Hallmark movies and have a nice conversation and talk gossip," he said he tells her. "Or you can talk about the fat, and then I'm going to lock myself in my room and be on social media and book my plane to go back earlier."
"If you talk about my weight, I'm going to throw a tantrum, and it will be your fault!"

"It's a lot of work to unlearn the bullsh*t we've learned, and there's a lot of self-compassion that needs to happen," she said. "It's important to check in with yourself and ask, 'Can I even have this conversation? What's actually safe for me right now? Can I handle it?' And when you can, you do. When you can't, you just take care of yourself."
Stuffing your face with cake is "self-compassion". Trying to look at your problems is too hard.

I agree with @keyboredsm4shthe2nd 's comparison to a heroin addict. A lot of this sounds like the same logic a junkie would use.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
The entire "plus-size movement" is riddled with emotional blackmail. Any and all criticism is framed as malicious, unjust discrimination. Trying to correct them is emotional labor.

"If you really cared about me, you would support me!"

"If you talk about my weight, I'm going to throw a tantrum, and it will be your fault!"

Stuffing your face with cake is "self-compassion". Trying to look at your problems is too hard.

I agree with @keyboredsm4shthe2nd 's comparison to a heroin addict. A lot of this sounds like the same logic a junkie would use.
>wants you to pay for them to get thin
>simultaneously doesn't want to pay for an extra airline seat because of their mass

Wilhelm Bittrich

I read Anime and watch Manga.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, people are afraid of being fat because it means they're unhealthy and less physically appealing. It's normal, like being afraid of a dangerous animal. Don't shame my fatphobia.
Doesn't phobia also means "fear of something"? Why should we be in fear of them fatsos? If they threaten you, you don't even need to run away, just walk away.

Last edited:

Pitere pit

Do you like my car?
kiwifarms.net
''Fatphobia'' is one of my favourite words of Clown World. We don't fear fatties at all, they just bring pity to us, at best, and laughter.

I see fatness as any addiction, except for kiddies who didn't chose to being fat, like alcoholism. However, the difference between them, is that alcoholism is recognized as it is; an illness that destroy someone within and is a huge burden on society. Can you imagine a hashtag that says alcoholicpositivism#? Or some fuckwit screeching that alcoholic children should be valid?
Of course, I know that you don't need alcohol to live, but, food can be as much addictive as booze, and with people living sedentary lives, it can be far worse. At least, you have some programs against alcoholics, you don't humour them, you just tell them that they have a problem and they should seek help as fast as they can.

Imagine that with fatties, every time someone puts a campaign to reduce this illness they are met with screeching idiots, and we humour them. Benches and other sits are becoming bigger, clothes aren't the same size anymore, even plates are getting bigger. And on the TV or interwebs, we are surrounded by this sick propaganda; look at me, I'm fat and happy, they say, but deep down we know the truth.
They are not glad to be fat, they just want to be valid by everyone else, some of them want help, but they are invaded by fatty propaganda. Sure some like Big Amber and Chantal are too far gone, but imagine, being a something pudgy person, looking for exercise and diet tips, and you find some bodypositivity shit, you are more likely to give up. That's why you shouldn't humour them at all. Keep laughing and send them to /fit/ and your local gym.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino