Poetry Callout: Write A Poem For Ahmaud Arbery -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Eryngium

#Biden2020 #BlueNoMatterWho #RidingWithBiden
kiwifarms.net

The death of Ahmaud Arbery — a 25-year-old unarmed black man who was shot and killed in February while out jogging in Glynn County, Ga. — has sparked a national outcry.

There's been heartbreak and outrage since a video, which appeared to capture Arbery's Feb. 23 death surfaced; two white men have been arrested and charged with his murder. People are trying to make sense of what happened, how it happened and why it happened. NPR's resident poet Kwame Alexander and Morning Edition's Rachel Martin suggest trying through poetry.

"Like most human beings, I find myself drowning in anger, anxiety, fear and still more anger," Alexander said. "And as an American, I see the murder of African American boys as a disease that America cannot seem to cure."

Pulitzer Prize winner Jericho Brown also reflected on the news surrounding Arbery's death in his poem, "Bullet Points."

Join in by sharing a poem that helps shine a light on what's been going on in our country, that helps push us towards change and explores what's to come: chaos or community.

Alexander will then create a crowdsourced poem using lines from submissions. He and Martin will read it on air, and NPR will publish it online, where contributors will be credited.
————————————————————
If you Kiwis are feeling particularly poetic today please submit your heartfelt pro-jogger poem Here.

5125D3A4-B913-4134-A0E5-A18C3566D23F.jpeg

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
>dude puts a shotgun in your face and tells you to freeze
>punch him and try to wrestle the gun from him
>get shot and die
dude acted like a exceptional individual tbh, like what the fuck did he think was gonna happen at that point?

that doesn't make what happened to him ok though. those guys who held him at gunpoint better come up with a good fucking reason for doing that, otherwise they deserve to get locked up for the rest of their lives, maybe even executed if that's on the table in this state

Eryngium

kiwifarms.net
>dude puts a shotgun in your face and tells you to freeze
>punch him and try to wrestle the gun from him
>get shot and die
dude acted like an exceptional individual tbh, like what the fuck did he think was gonna happen at that point?

that doesn't make what happened to him ok though. those guys who held him at gunpoint better come up with a good fucking reason for doing that, otherwise they deserve to get locked up for the rest of their lives, maybe even executed if that's on the table in this state
Did you read the DA’s write up lol

Tim Buckley

Loving Every Second
kiwifarms.net
A cracker spotted him in the construction site. Sheeiiit...
The nignog is cornered
Even a gangsta breaks with a faceful of lead
He attacks regardless

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Did you read the DA’s write up lol
now i did, thanks for posting that. it doesn't change much about my opinion though.
the important part is this:
arb.png

i can't tell if the guys actually had good reason to believe that the black guy had just robbed some place nearby. if that's what happened, then yeah, they're all clear. but i don't know that's actually the case.

Eryngium

kiwifarms.net
now i did, thanks for posting that. it doesn't change much about my opinion though.
the important part is this:
View attachment 1299327
was an actual burglary committed? did the guys actually have good reason to believe he had just robbed some place? that's what i'm not convinced about.
There’s security footage of him trespassing in a construction site, rummaging around minutes before being shot lol and their defense is literally

In the instance of the young man on December 17 entering the property, who, like Arbery, is black, the lawyer said, "It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water."
Even if that BS is 100% true it’s still probable cause.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
There’s security footage of him trespassing in a construction site, rummaging around minutes before being shot lol and their defense is literally

Even if that’s BS is 100% true it’s still probable cause.
does walking on some construction site constitute burglary though? sounds like trespassing at best, which probably isn't a serious enough offense to warrant a citizens arrest.

the "looking for water" excuse is laughable nonsense though, youre right about that one

Eryngium

kiwifarms.net
does walking on some construction site constitute burglary though? sounds like trespassing at best, which probably isn't a serious enough offense to warrant a citizens arrest.
Its not going to look good for the Arbery’s defense in court, I know that much.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

the "looking for water" excuse is laughable nonsense though, youre right about that one
Depends if the hammer came from the site in question.

Banditotron

What's the ugliest part of your body?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A redneck will always kill a nigger will always steal from a redneck will always kill a nigger will always steal from a redneck will always kill a nigger will always steal from a redneck will always kill a nigger will always steal from a redneck will always kill a nigger will always steal from a redneck will always kill a nigger

Niggaplease

are you dumb stupid or dumb?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
black vs. white
what a tireding sight.
another life snuffed away.
what stupid price to pay.
now the media will say.
what is hatred anyway?
black vs white.
such a tireding sight.
little did they know
stupidity comes in all types of stripes.
be it black or white.
it's a coat of many furs, yet ire still burns.
yet the wheel turns.
yet the wheel still turns.