Let's Sperg Pokemon Desolation (Screenshot/Blind LP) - A fangame of a fangame of a fangaem of a fangame...

Fictional Character

kiwifarms.net
Makes you wonder if these people thought this is what pokemon needed to be better.

Can't wait to see what else the game devs added and thought pokemon needed. :story:

All the Reborn-inspired fangames are generally Reborn, but more and without the redeeming qualities and taking themselves 100% seriously.

But like Reborn, Desolation has a fast-forward button and it makes the cutscenes much more tolerable.

Also, let's keep tally of Desolation's good ideas so far:
1) Actually showing you relationship point gains and losses.
2) Giving you a selection of less-used Pokémon as your starters.

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All the Reborn-inspired fangames are generally Reborn, but more and without the redeeming qualities and taking themselves 100% seriously.

But like Reborn, Desolation has a fast-forward button and it makes the cutscenes much more tolerable.

Also, let's keep tally of Desolation's good ideas so far:
1) Actually showing you relationship point gains and losses.
2) Giving you a selection of less-used Pokémon as your starters.
I'm still kinda pissed off that I had to wait what felt like *an hour* just to be able to have a starter.

Moral Decay

Last alive among the lifeless race
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Poor Kira, she just wants to live a quiet life, but instead got dragged into a fucking terrorist plot before the game starts. Guess it makes sense for her to get in on the explosion shenanigans early.

Also Ava uses the broccoli monkey and is therefore not to be trusted.
Production value and wack.
Hey, a value of zero is still a value. :U

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
My only question is are we sure it's part 4 Kira? Could be part 8. The boat, the weird gender, the fact he's apparently heroic this time around...it makes sense...

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Poor Kira, she just wants to live a quiet life, but instead got dragged into a fucking terrorist plot before the game starts. Guess it makes sense for her to get in on the explosion shenanigans early.
All she wanted to do was enjoy some time to herself but now she has to deal with a bunch of anarchist furries.
My only question is are we sure it's part 4 Kira? Could be part 8. The boat, the weird gender, the fact he's apparently heroic this time around...it makes sense...
Hmmm... now that you mention it.... Eh, it's up to viewer interpretation! Speaking of, viewer input is vastly appreciated! There's only so much I can do in a game where the intro before you get your starter is a FUCKING HOUR LONG.

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
Uh oh.
We found a fucking bomb.
Plot twist: the boxes where ordinary boxes but turned into explosives the moment Kira touched them
Even Bigger Plot Twist: WOMAN knew this would happen and was counting on it.
Thank you, plot contrived bullshit! Very cool!
:story: don't you just love it when this happens, and even better when the "useless" character turns out to be a gym leader with lvl 70 pokémon but somehow needed the player to rescue them

ChucklesTheJester

A Proud Member of the Oni Chasers.
kiwifarms.net
Plot twist: the boxes where ordinary boxes but turned into explosives the moment Kira touched them
Even Bigger Plot Twist: WOMAN knew this would happen and was counting on it.

:story: don't you just love it when this happens, and even better when the "useless" character turns out to be a gym leader with lvl 70 pokémon but somehow needed the player to rescue them
Would this be a case of Idiot Ball, or Distress Ball. I am leaning towards former given the whole plots a Idiot Plot.

Fictional Character

kiwifarms.net
Ava's supposed to be the Grass-type leader, so she'd be useless anyway. The plot contrivance probably saved us from some five minutes of Grass pokémon getting incinerated by Speed Boost Blaziken.

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To keep things up and running, why don't we have a short episode before we go right back into the fresh Hell that is the plot? Also, thank you @Fictional Character for telling me that a fast forward button exists!
We're back in Desolation, but we're not here for the story!.. not yet. We're here to catch a few Pokemon with the balls Orange Haired Faggot gave us!
1617221917454.png

BUT FIRST! We need to put on some music!

That's better. Let's head out!

1617222017216.png

The grass tiles don't even match the ground--

1617222061109.png

OUR FIRST VICTIM.

1617222121809.png

It ain't any Electric type, but it'll do--

1617222177905.png

Are you fucking kidding me?

So now we're up against the local slave! Looks like we gotta put him in his place.

1617222286557.png

So after a couple of Leers and Ember spams, the Native is now nothing but an Alabama nig- too soon?

But we only had two Pokemon, so the nigger stole Kira's money.
1617222461571.png
: Motherfucker...
We have to get our revenge! CUE THE MUSIC!

We have to get more Pokemon.

1617222667790.png

Another fine addition to the collection.

We find ourselves in a familiar situation with the island nigger, better put on some music...

1617222977264.png

1617222990649.png
: I'm sure you wouldn't mind being used as EXP fodder...

We send in RedHotChili, mostly to help raise it up a bit. After that, we send in our invulnerable SheerHeart.
1617223070636.png

And now the Yungoos is dead. Give me my fucking money.

Before we leave, why don't we look at Kira's trainer card?
1617223136536.png

Not much, but it's passable.

Anyway, next time? We kick Orange Haired Faggot in the balls and find out who WOMAN is! Hopefully. Maybe.

Bender

I am not a threat. I'm an idiot.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm loving your playthrough, but hating the game so far. It's fun to read through the episodes but dear god is the story silly. Hopefully you get what I mean.

Someone getting ambushed a forest? And the ambusher delivers that line?
Somewhat possibly tangentially relevant YouTube video (hopefully the timestamp works (if it doesn't skip to 4:55-ish))

Funny Valentine

"Dio Brando" was taken.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it would be hilarious if WOMAN was actually her name.
So is Kira gonna kill WOMAN, and use her severed hand to hold a sandwich while admiring a beatiful dewgong?
Even when her name is revealed, I'm still gonna call her WOMAN for consistency's sake. And yes, there's no other Pokemon as pretty as that mon. It feels like a Pikachu.