Pokemon Go Fans Have Autistic Meltdown + Boycott Due to Dev Changes

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Kill Your Idols

I was just teasing them. It's a daily thing.
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck? I didn't even know there enough meat left on this dead horse to kick it. Sucks that the changes are making the game worse but the histrionic responses over a game that's mostly about walking makes me not care. God forbid you go on a stroll for the sake of moving instead of playing a video game.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
Holy fucking shit. How incapable are you from walking across the road?
I have a relative who is a real estate agent. On more than one occasion when this shit was hot, she had clients asking about houses that were near pokestops so they didn't have to travel far (as in they could swipe that shit from their bedrooms)

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
Eh, those changes will be put back in once the heavily-populated areas lock down the people again. I wouldn't worry about it.

Only a matter of time sadly.

But while I usually laugh at this stuff, some of these people do have a point. Maybe there could be a compromise. And honestly, I didn't even know Pokemon Go was still a thing.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
lol, this actually happened with me once too

I ended up getting their friend codes and trading gifts with them. They were cool people and I helped hold up other people in line. Shit was so cash.

For real though, Pokemon Go has a hell of a lot of other problems beyond this line of autism and freemium bullshit. Some of them being locked to certain regions except for once every few YEARS where they'll have a sole day or two to catch those in raids is some grade-A bullshit.

If you live outside of Australia, you've had all of like, I think two chances to catch a Khangaskhan throughout the entire life of the game. The last event was sometime late last year, and it had been years since the last time they had any available.

And the grinding, fuck, dude. It seriously takes months of daily play to start leveling past about 35, and beyond level 40 has you do some seriously retarded shit to even be able to level up, aside from the ever-increasing EXP requirement. This is all considering how you can go from level 1-30 in about 3-5 months of daily casual play, but holy shit does it become a slog after 35.

You know, I really like the idea of these kinds of games, but Ingress is dead and gay and the Prime update trashed the whole game, and lol I'm not playing Harry Potter Wizard's Unite. I don't know of anything else, as Pokémon's the only lively one, but it's so heavily flawed and getting worse over time that I couldn't recommend it to any newcomers.

Who knows, maybe it's just still going out of sheer inertia, and all this fucking about with the playerbase will bleed it out... eventually.
Pokémon Go has a VERY definite hard end-of-life that Niantic is trying their hardest to put off as long as possible by drip-feeding 2-3 new Pokémon at a time. That being, when they finally catch up with the main series Pokédex and have to start waiting the 2-3 years in between new generations before they can add in new Pokémon. Once all existing Pokémon have been released, whatever forward inertia the game still has will grind to a halt.

Long-Nosed Fish

kiwifarms.net
I picked the game up for a couple weeks last year because a friend wanted me to trade him region exclusive stuff from where I was living. And all I literally had to do was take the train to work and I could hit the entire block literally every stop before it started moving again. Like 100 stops in a row.

When the game originally launched the point was to get out. People were social, active, and seeing side streets in their towns they'd never look at otherwise. Doubling the range massively negated these experiences in every aspect. It made checking off your little sunk-cost stockholm syndrome boxes easier but it didn't make any part of the game actually better.

If you're unironically upset because you have to actually catch pokemon in the wild by looking for them you might as well just spoof your location because the actual location-based gameplay doesn't matter to you.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pokémon Go has a VERY definite hard end-of-life that Niantic is trying their hardest to put off as long as possible by drip-feeding 2-3 new Pokémon at a time. That being, when they finally catch up with the main series Pokédex and have to start waiting the 2-3 years in between new generations before they can add in new Pokémon. Once all existing Pokémon have been released, whatever forward inertia the game still has will grind to a halt.
While that's true, they're really weird about how they distribute Pokemon, with lots of common ones being annoyingly common for long periods of time, and then being nowhere to be found for a while. They're up to Gen 6 now, which means there are a few hundred basic ones they could have roaming about, but usually there are only like ten or so available at a time, with maybe two or three of those being out en masse. There was one period in time where Venipedes were just everywhere, and the next second, they were totally gone, and didn't return for ages. There's also weird omissions like how they somehow never released Kecleon anywhere, a Gen 3 one that's still absent to this day despite Gen 6 kicking about.

Plus, there's a whole lot of filler with all the countless variants. Put a goofy hat on Pikachu and voila, new content for your players to consoom.

There are just so many fundamental flaws in Pokemon Go that seem like trivial fixes that it's hard to keep playing, especially when increasing the Pokestop distance made the game so much better, only for them to completely backtrack on it. But it's one of those freemium games that's designed to be addictive, so it's not like a pitiful one-day protest, even if everyone protesting actually did avoid the game for a day, would ever impact anything. Isn't it the most profitable Pokemon game of all time by now? Yeah, they'll never fix shit.

Last edited:

Archeops

Trying to find the meaning of Life, no luck so far
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I could take or leave the changes to PokeStop/Gym spins. I actually have a bigger issue with the changes made to max speed for spinning, that one makes car-based GO treks more difficult.

Still not as bad as what’s happening to the TCG though.
I still remember when the Pokemon Go

Remember that cringy "pokemon go (to the polls)" thing?

Being out of the loop on it can feel odd.
I still remember when people were stockpiling Pokemon GO+s and reselling ‘em for over $100 USD (the same also happened to tickets for the first GO Fest event), that only stopped when they became more common and better third-party equivalents like the Go-tchas started to pop up.

Robotic Richard Simmons

Robotic Weight Saint
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Niantic apparently has responded.

1628255761923.png