Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I did some rough calculations. If we go by a hypothetical Sinnoh remake and the mons it would add via the base dex, and include missing fossils, starters and the legendaries/mythicals not included among the extra 35 of SWSH's dex (all three categories let you collect the rest naturally during post-game for the second set of games of a gen which is why I include them here), there would be less than 250 mons still missing.

At that point it would be a minimal amount of effort to just throw them all back in for the easy PR play of "listening to the fans" and bringing everyone back if they truly wanted to get back into everyone's good graces on the matter, short of patching SWSH to do as such (which we know they won't do when they can charge another $60 for the same outcome with next year's game).

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like to browse /vp/ because of all the speds on it but at the same time I feel like I am having a stroke just doing so. I don’t get why they get pissed about gen V. I thought the place was full of Unovabortionists? Yet again I see people getting mad that gen v is getting a lot of praise lately. Same thing with gen iv.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Medafag and rotollo

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
I did some rough calculations. If we go by a hypothetical Sinnoh remake and the mons it would add via the base dex, and include missing fossils, starters and the legendaries/mythicals not included among the extra 35 of SWSH's dex (all three categories let you collect the rest naturally during post-game for the second set of games of a gen which is why I include them here), there would be less than 250 mons still missing.

At that point it would be a minimal amount of effort to just throw them all back in for the easy PR play of "listening to the fans" and bringing everyone back if they truly wanted to get back into everyone's good graces on the matter, short of patching SWSH to do as such (which we know they won't do when they can charge another $60 for the same outcome with next year's game).
I’m torn between “stick to your guns, you’ll only get reamed harder if you have to roll it back later” and “you can’t not have all Pokémon in when we hit 1000 of the feckers, which will probably be on switch”.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Huh. Something new has just emerged.

Temtem appears to be an MMO creature collecting game, with a lot of holding its finger under its nose and saying "I'm not pokemon! Pokemon doesn't have a mustache!"

With that said, it looks like it's taking this seriously, and aping the parts of Pokemon's design that help it stand out from the crowd of other monster collectors.

• A large collection of types - in this case, 12 - with different strengths and weaknesses that aren't just a basic loop. And TemTems can be dual-typed, as well.
  • A set of 7 stats, 6 of which you'll recognize and one you won't - it seems that rather than PP, Temtem has a unified stamina mechanic.
  • A focus on double battles (strong Gamecube game vibes there).
  • Single Values (IVs) that go from 0 to 50, and Training Values (EVs) that can be 500 per stat, 1000 total.
  • Temtem following you.
  • 'Luma' Temtem (shinies) have three maxed IVs SVs by default.
  • It's doing the Psychic - Dark - Fighting starters thing, although the types in question are 'Mental', 'Crystal' and 'Melee'
I'm not sure about how many TemTem there are - the highest number Temtem I could find was #191 - but it seems to be planning to introduce more incrementally.

Wiki Here.

Kickstarter Here.

I don't know if it's gonna be the Pokemon killer - seems a bit slower and grindier (eggs take nearly half an hour to get, for example). But that doesn't mean I ain't gonna try it when the early access drops.

Zan

kiwifarms.net
I like to browse /vp/ because of all the speds on it but at the same time I feel like I am having a stroke just doing so. I don’t get why they get pissed about gen V. I thought the place was full of Unovabortionists? Yet again I see people getting mad that gen v is getting a lot of praise lately. Same thing with gen iv.
Gen V is great, fuck the contrarians on /vp/.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
I liken SWSH to a less extreme The Last Jedi. Critics and the general populace liked it initially, but perceptions turned increasingly negative over time to the point where it affected future releases (I say less extreme however due to the rampant in-fighting even among dedicated fans, but you know, as you do). Point I'm trying to make is, SWSH may have done well, but the wounds it caused to the IP's reputation will be felt in time if this trend of declining overall quality continues.
Eh... I disagree with that a lot.

While the effect is similar, the Last Jedi had a lot more problems that aren't really present in SWSH, if anything SWSH isn't actively malicious towards it's fanbase - (talking more general of modern day SW) didn't push gender politics, didn't pass itself off as the greatest thing since sliced bread, didn't actively contradict previous lore, wasn't burned into the ground by people who don't actually have any experience in it.

the Last Jedi (hell current star wars in general) had a lot more issues that aren't really present in the PKM games. At least pkm fans haven't been called sexist for disliking the games. The games actually work, yeah, they are pretty barebones, not going to deny that, but they're not nearly as offensive as the Star Wars movies and the people who are a part of that sinking ship are.

Also... Uh... general populace liked the Last Jedi?

What rock were you under? The movie was heavily panned by fans and people all the time, hell, I could point to people like Mauler, E;R, and several other critics panned the movie.

I'm wondering if you're referring to the Force Awakens, that's the more favored of Disney star wars.

HARD AGREE.

• Agree
Reactions: Gar For Archer

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
Huh. Something new has just emerged.

Temtem appears to be an MMO creature collecting game, with a lot of holding its finger under its nose and saying "I'm not pokemon! Pokemon doesn't have a mustache!"

With that said, it looks like it's taking this seriously, and aping the parts of Pokemon's design that help it stand out from the crowd of other monster collectors.

• A large collection of types - in this case, 12 - with different strengths and weaknesses that aren't just a basic loop. And TemTems can be dual-typed, as well.
  • A set of 7 stats, 6 of which you'll recognize and one you won't - it seems that rather than PP, Temtem has a unified stamina mechanic.
  • A focus on double battles (strong Gamecube game vibes there).
  • Single Values (IVs) that go from 0 to 50, and Training Values (EVs) that can be 500 per stat, 1000 total.
  • Temtem following you.
  • 'Luma' Temtem (shinies) have three maxed IVs SVs by default.
  • It's doing the Psychic - Dark - Fighting starters thing, although the types in question are 'Mental', 'Crystal' and 'Melee'
I'm not sure about how many TemTem there are - the highest number Temtem I could find was #191 - but it seems to be planning to introduce more incrementally.

Wiki Here.

Kickstarter Here.

I don't know if it's gonna be the Pokemon killer - seems a bit slower and grindier (eggs take nearly half an hour to get, for example). But that doesn't mean I ain't gonna try it when the early access drops.

Sorry for the double post, but I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING IN THAT TEM TEM TRAILER.

1575983372034.png

1575983391003.png

Like... Is the artist who made this fake pokemon a part of the team?

1575983405358.png

Cause if not... Well...

Edit; Nevermind:

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the double post, but I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING IN THAT TEM TEM TRAILER.

View attachment 1044284
View attachment 1044285

Like... Is the artist who made this fake pokemon a part of the team?

View attachment 1044286

Cause if not... Well...

Edit; Nevermind:

Huh, interesting. If there are more cases like this it's certainly a novel way of filling out the TemtemDex or whatever they call it.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Huh, interesting. If there are more cases like this it's certainly a novel way of filling out the TemtemDex or whatever they call it.
With that said, it further convinces me that TemTem is leaning on 'the Pokémon that FANS want!!!1!' angle VERY HARD. Probably the right time to do it, if ever, but I'm getting strong PSASBR vibes from this whole thing.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
With that said, it further convinces me that TemTem is leaning on 'the Pokémon that FANS want!!!1!' angle VERY HARD. Probably the right time to do it, if ever, but I'm getting strong PSASBR vibes from this whole thing.
I dunno, if you ask me, the design seems to stick out too much - Like, the design looks like a 3d pokemon.

I mean, it's down to consistency to me. Like, the creatures don't look like they had a lead artist.

I think buying ideas from people who make fan pokemon is a pretty neat idea, but I think they should have like a lead artist at least attempt to have an art style that is at least cohesive

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah it is full of gen 1 and 2 fans now who act like RBY and GSC were super deep open world games. RBY was pretty much nothing but roadblocks the first half of the game.

Buttigieg2020

🦀🦀🦀 Mad Magazine is Gone! 🦀🦀🦀
kiwifarms.net
I really didn’t like BW’s limited dex. I felt like all the really standout gen V creatures besides excadrill and Scolipede were too hard to find for that to work. Being stuck with the shit starters, monkeys, and woobat was a bummer.

BW2 was phenomenal though. The fact that it underperformed critically and financially is a tragedy.

Medafag

My previous avatar was too lewd
kiwifarms.net
That's... weird, i remember back then in the late 2000s on /v/, Pokemon was in what it could be considered it's golden age, HG and SS were just released and were widely considered the best remakes ever made, and everyone was hyped a fuck for B&W

> Holy shit we finally have fully animated sprites in battle!?
> Is Unova based on the US?, that so fucking cool!
> This gen has many good Dragon, Flying and Fighting Pokemon!

What happened? was /vp/ flooded with genwunners after the release of Pokemon LGPE?

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
That's... weird, i remember back then in the late 2000s on /v/, Pokemon was in what it could be considered it's golden age, HG and SS were just released and were widely considered the best remakes ever made, and everyone was hyped a fuck for B&W

> Holy shit we finally have fully animated sprites in battle!?
> Is Unova based on the US?, that so fucking cool!
> This gen has many good Dragon, Flying and Fighting Pokemon!

What happened? was /vp/ flooded with genwunners after the release of Pokemon LGPE?
Probably. Go played a big fat hand in the genwunner resurgence (only the Kanto mons were available for the first year or so), LG was just further "vindication." All the Kanto whoring even before then in X/Y and Sun/Moon didn't help either.

It took Charizard getting a third special form for more people than usual to take a step back and say "Okay this is too much."

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
I decided to look into the TemTem discord, and I think there's some quality lols to be extracted here.

1: They literally censor the word Pokemon. They're totally not afraid of lawsuits, though! (even the TemTem wiki literally uses the same templates as Bulbapedia for stat distribution).
1576106722445.png

2. They're constantly referring to TemTem types by their Pokemon names (for reference, the Types in question are called Water, Nature and Toxic in TemTem):
1576107037252.png

3. There's a luls-worthy number of people constantly dissing Pokemon while using Pokemon Avatars. Wy is an example of this.
1576108928115.png

A lot of it comes off less as interest in TemTem and more as jilted lovers, loudly snogging another guy to try and make their ex jealous. It's good shit.

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
I decided to look into the TemTem discord, and I think there's some quality lols to be extracted here.

1: They literally censor the word Pokemon. They're totally not afraid of lawsuits, though! (even the TemTem wiki literally uses the same templates as Bulbapedia for stat distribution).
View attachment 1046674

2. They're constantly referring to TemTem types by their Pokemon names (for reference, the Types in question are called Water, Nature and Toxic in TemTem):
View attachment 1046682

3. There's a luls-worthy number of people constantly dissing Pokemon while using Pokemon Avatars. Wy is an example of this.
View attachment 1046706

A lot of it comes off less as interest in TemTem and more as jilted lovers, loudly snogging another guy to try and make their ex jealous. It's good shit.
Banning “the p word” would be funny for like five seconds before it gets annoying.

Tags
None