Pokemon Griefing Thread - Damage Control Entering The Ring, Enjoy Your $90 Lackluster Game #ThankYouGameFreak

• ATTENTION: The National Security Administration has made a press release regarding a Windows 10 remote execution exploit that any website can take advantage of. It is one of the worst exploits that has ever been found. Update Windows immediately.

NSA Press Release, "Am I vulnerable?"

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
I decided to look into the TemTem discord, and I think there's some quality lols to be extracted here.

1: They literally censor the word Pokemon. They're totally not afraid of lawsuits, though! (even the TemTem wiki literally uses the same templates as Bulbapedia for stat distribution).
View attachment 1046674

2. They're constantly referring to TemTem types by their Pokemon names (for reference, the Types in question are called Water, Nature and Toxic in TemTem):
View attachment 1046682

3. There's a luls-worthy number of people constantly dissing Pokemon while using Pokemon Avatars. Wy is an example of this.
View attachment 1046706

A lot of it comes off less as interest in TemTem and more as jilted lovers, loudly snogging another guy to try and make their ex jealous. It's good shit.
Reminds of this thing going between some of Hytale's fanbase and Minecraft.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
The longer I play this game the more instances of lack of polish I find. Just now I noticed that even if your current party is all at lv. 100, you'll still have the EXP gain tab pop up every time an enemy's KO'd even though there's none to add. No past generation did this.

It's the nitpickiest of nitpicks it's true, but I sure do keep coming across a number of little moments like these...

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
I replayed Black 2 earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I forgot how fun Gen V was.
Have you played any of the rom hacks? Blaze Black 2 is hard as balls, but a good time.

A lot of it comes off less as interest in TemTem and more as jilted lovers, loudly snogging another guy to try and make their ex jealous. It's good shit.
I was always told never to invest in anything out of spite, more often that not, it just leads to more spite. Anyone hear of that one Pokemon/Harvest moon game Ooblets? Yeah...

• Agree
Reactions: Agent Wet

Disc

Who's that Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
The longer I play this game the more instances of lack of polish I find. Just now I noticed that even if your current party is all at lv. 100, you'll still have the EXP gain tab pop up every time an enemy's KO'd even though there's none to add. No past generation did this.

It's the nitpickiest of nitpicks it's true, but I sure do keep coming across a number of little moments like these...
The one that got me over and over was sweet scent. The trainer would pop back in view before the camera moved back into position every time. Super distracting.

Have you played any of the rom hacks? Blaze Black 2 is hard as balls, but a good time.

I was always told never to invest in anything out of spite, more often that not, it just leads to more spite. Anyone hear of that one Pokemon/Harvest moon game Ooblets? Yeah...
What's a good way to play Rom Hacks? Everything I've tried messes with textures and the like.

As for Ooblets, I only remember hearing about them when they went Epic Exclusive and were shitlords about the whole thing. Then they vanished off the radar again.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
What's a good way to play Rom Hacks? Everything I've tried messes with textures and the like.

As for Ooblets, I only remember hearing about them when they went Epic Exclusive and were shitlords about the whole thing. Then they vanished off the radar again.
Best way I've done it is with xDelta.

If that doesn't work, here's a good way to go about it: http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Apply_ROM_Hacks_and_Translations

Sometimes though you can find the rom hacks already applied to game.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually haven’t played any rom hacks but definitely want to! I just have a Mac with a limited space, which makes it kind of difficult.

Auk Autist

Birbs create the big Happy
kiwifarms.net
I checked the discord just this morning and they we're worshipping the devs for adding they/them pronouns. This game is gonna be poor and have mods on the level of old Warframe, isn't it?
cap1.PNG

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
I checked the discord just this morning and they we're worshipping the devs for adding they/them pronouns. This game is gonna be poor and have mods on the level of old Warframe, isn't it?
View attachment 1047661
I'm not opposed for games to have that option, since, hey, options are never a bad thing. But seriously, it's not that big of a deal.

I'm more worried when they start to include things like xim or xer.

I actually haven’t played any rom hacks but definitely want to! I just have a Mac with a limited space, which makes it kind of difficult.
Maybe look into a portable hard-drive to keep those games on there? That's what I usually do.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it has to do this in order to still pass out EVs to all pokemon. In previous games (not sure when it was fixed) but level 100 pokemon could not get new EVs because of this.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably. Go played a big fat hand in the genwunner resurgence (only the Kanto mons were available for the first year or so), LG was just further "vindication." All the Kanto whoring even before then in X/Y and Sun/Moon didn't help either.

It took Charizard getting a third special form for more people than usual to take a step back and say "Okay this is too much."
It has gotten to the point where even slightly criticizing Gen 1 on /vp/ causes people to fly off the handle and call you stupid. Granted it is all trolling but I wouldn't be surprised if there were people on /vp/ who genuinely believe RBY were epic classics that require a high IQ to appreciate and understand. Yet again every generation is equally guilty of having such fanboys so who knows.

Floop

Yes I love hats! Sometimes I get these!
kiwifarms.net
I give TemTem 6 months at best before it shuts down.
It’ll be even shorter. Kotaku will make an article on it, giving the game a lot of attention, then the game will cease development. The reason? The world may never know...

• Feels
Reactions: left arm

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This is like the Smash Clones that came out and they fucking died on the vine, because surprise people didn't play smash brothers for the mechanics.

Icons went full exceptional individual with gender neutral designs and everything looked like Tumblr Ass.

Auk Autist

kiwifarms.net
This is like the Smash Clones that came out and they fucking died on the vine, because surprise people didn't play smash brothers for the mechanics.

Icons went full exceptional individual with gender neutral designs and everything looked like Tumblr Ass.
Even worse is that they're releasing their game less than two weeks after MHW:Iceborne comes to PC, its gonna be a slaughter. Their only strong point is they already had 75k from their kickstarter, but I doubt many people are really gonna buy their product. The only people who are even hearing about it are jilted Pokemon fans like ourselves.

Last edited:

Zaryiu

No one important
kiwifarms.net
I played nearly every main game ,i missed out on BW, i think i was getting tired of Pokemon for the first time, BW2 got me bact to playing and i was overall enough dissapointed with i haven't played another Pokemon game since (i was tempted by Gen 7 main games after the demo but never got them) so seeing what's going with the franchise is dissapointing (i'm at page 189 as of writing this)

• Informative
Reactions: rotollo

Auk Autist

kiwifarms.net
I played nearly every main game ,i missed out on BW, i think i was getting tired of Pokemon for the first time, BW2 got me bact to playing and i was overall enough dissapointed with i haven't played another Pokemon game since (i was tempted by Gen 7 main games after the demo but never got them) so seeing what's going with the franchise is dissapointing (i'm at page 189 as of writing this)
I'm playing PokeMMO to scratch the itch, its basically an MMO of gens 1-5 (minus Johto and Sinnoh, but Sinnoh is coming SOON:tm:)

the autist of dojima

Let the essence of my autism intoxicate you
kiwifarms.net
Huh. Something new has just emerged.

Temtem appears to be an MMO creature collecting game, with a lot of holding its finger under its nose and saying "I'm not pokemon! Pokemon doesn't have a mustache!"

With that said, it looks like it's taking this seriously, and aping the parts of Pokemon's design that help it stand out from the crowd of other monster collectors.

• A large collection of types - in this case, 12 - with different strengths and weaknesses that aren't just a basic loop. And TemTems can be dual-typed, as well.
  • A set of 7 stats, 6 of which you'll recognize and one you won't - it seems that rather than PP, Temtem has a unified stamina mechanic.
  • A focus on double battles (strong Gamecube game vibes there).
  • Single Values (IVs) that go from 0 to 50, and Training Values (EVs) that can be 500 per stat, 1000 total.
  • Temtem following you.
  • 'Luma' Temtem (shinies) have three maxed IVs SVs by default.
  • It's doing the Psychic - Dark - Fighting starters thing, although the types in question are 'Mental', 'Crystal' and 'Melee'
I'm not sure about how many TemTem there are - the highest number Temtem I could find was #191 - but it seems to be planning to introduce more incrementally.

Wiki Here.

Kickstarter Here.

I don't know if it's gonna be the Pokemon killer - seems a bit slower and grindier (eggs take nearly half an hour to get, for example). But that doesn't mean I ain't gonna try it when the early access drops.
If you want a monster collect a ton mmo just play shin megami tensei: imagine
It had like 600 demons iirc

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino