Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
What if a 'mon went giant, mega evolved, and used a Z move?

:thinking:
The Z-move wouldn't mean much since Dynamaxed moves are just better versions you can use 3 turns in a row (with a few exceptions, Z-moves are just nukes, while Dyna/Giga moves are nukes that also do any number of buffs/debuffs like stat manipulation and field-altering effects). But the combined base stat raise from both Megas and Dynamax alone would be busted, along with whatever typing and/or ability changes the Mega would bring.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I am not bothered too much by region linearity. Unova being a circle is a meme thrown around and while I do agree they could have branched the routes and add more places to explore I still find it a more interesting region than the more non linear ones than Kanto. While it was nice to tackle some of the gyms out of order in the older games it doesn’t really do anything special. It doesn’t impact the plot or the environment and it feels like an illusion of choice.

If future games decide to ditch the linearity in favor of a more semi open world I want the order you tackle gyms to have an impact on the plot and even shape the environment. Have the plot go a certain direction based on the order you visit towns. I know it will never happen under current GF but it would be really nice to have your choices matter. I have been thinking about this a lot ever since Digimon Survive revealed its premise of the choices you make affecting the story and the characters. It doesn’t need to be anything deep, just something that makes the world feel more alive and interactive.

• Agree
  • Feels
Reactions: Medafag and haudi

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, Ash captured a Dragonite this past weekend. That's really significant of a capture. I'm gonna bet it's not gonna be around for very long though, because GOD FORBID Mr. "I Wanna be the Worlds Greatest Pokemon Master" actually ever keeps a Strong Pokemon.

It was an insult how he didnt keep Goodra for all of Kalos.

• Informative
Reactions: José Mourinho

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, Ash captured a Dragonite this past weekend. That's really significant of a capture. I'm gonna bet it's not gonna be around for very long though, because GOD FORBID Mr. "I Wanna be the Worlds Greatest Pokemon Master" actually ever keeps a Strong Pokemon.

It was an insult how he didnt keep Goodra for all of Kalos.
It would've been nice if it was the same Dragonite he rescued as a Dratini in the Safari Zone episode. Fucking beautiful missed opportunity.

But I guess they're serious that this may be Ash's last journey if they're just handing him a pseudolegendary so early.

Reactions: Buttigieg2020

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Feel free to hit me with the Late reactions, but I just found out the associated type attack boost Terrains granted was nearly halved (50% to 30%). Except for Misty Terrain since it never boosted Fairy moves for some reason, I guess GF had just a brief moment of restraint with the most broken type in the game.

But really though, this is the second instance this very generation where something that was freshly introduced or buffed a generation or two before got nerfed right afterwards. The other in this case being the pinch berries, which for the longest time restored a paltry 12% HP, to half in gen VII, and now nerfed down to a third. There's also "-ate" abilities that in after single generation went from boosting affected Normal moves from 30% to 20%.

In general, it's really strange how draconian GF has gotten with the nerf hammer the past few years. In the past it was just adding to the status quo, maybe some little stat buffs here and there, but it's like all of the sudden they're quick to strike down anything that poses a threat even though they're the ones who allowed the power creep to get where it is in the first place (well, strike down threats in VGC anyway since 99% of these nerfing actions are done with ONLY doubles in mind).

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish people would just stop sperging about Dexit.

In 2002, Ru/Sa left out so many iconic Pokemon. Dont tell me "They were still in the programming" because that doesn't change my point.

• Late
Reactions: TL;DR and Sable

rotollo

Just some asshole
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1119469
View attachment 1119470

Pokemon Home info, there are also pre release screens on serebii.
holy shit, 30 vs. 6,000 and over 15 bucks for premium annually. this is 3 times the cost of bank. I know bank is apparently free for transfer to home for a month so that's the one positive in this. Otherwise this is next level price gouging, could give Todd a run for his money
also as everyone thought, they just cut out the GTS to give Home a feature, nice

Last edited:
  • Horrifying
Reactions: AnotherPleb
Tags
None