Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Catastrophe-TM

The Bed Sheet Deity
kiwifarms.net
Two points of interest here. First is the official reveal of G-Max Toxtricity. All that's left is Melmetal's G-Max (will probably be some kind of Home promotional thing).

Secondly, there's this.
I've been predicting this for a while. SWSH may have sold well, but the damage it did to the brand is undeniable. And while Nintendo may not have total sway over the brand, they still have enough of a stake and power to make some kind of move like this in a bid for better quality control. That's the hope anyway.
I doubt GF moving into the same building as Nintendo is going to change anything honestly. It won't change the shit with the Dex, Home and DLC. It's gonna take a lot to fix shit and get back trust from fans, but since there's a lot of shills endlessly bootlicking they won't bother. Could be just my cynicism talking though.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
It could just be that they're upsizing their offices to add in a proper HD team and wanting to move into a larger space. It could be that they're going to be leaning on Nintendo to cover their weaknesses, and moving into closer proximity helps their communication. It could be that they want to be able to get Nintendo closer at hand to push quality over quantity against TPC.

Or it could just be that they contacted close business partners for their opinion on the office space and got a glowing review. Who knows?

It either won't have an effect, or will have a positive one. It might cause some delays, but if it's true, I predict a net positive or a net whatever.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Never thought of how annoying the removal of the Vs Recorder would be until lately. Used to enjoy watching fast paced competitive battle replay videos with narration, but thanks to one of SWSH's many cut features I can't even have that anymore since (understandably) nobody wants to spend time trimming out all the downtime between turns. Yeah there's Showdown for the faster pace but just staring at pixel jpegs gets boring after a while.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna be a total fucking autist and just leave this here, given what today is.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking about the fiasco with RacieB and Helix Chamber and forgot how arrogant she was many years ago. In the HGSS days she whined about the new Sugmori art for the games wasn’t different enough from the old ones to her taste and revamped a lot of the HGSS art and sprites while acting smug about it. She had this one friend who tagged along who would complain that “Ken Sugomori isn’t trying anymore” simply because the art wasn’t overhauled enough for them.

I wonder if she matured any since the days of HGSS.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rotollo

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
Never thought of how annoying the removal of the Vs Recorder would be until lately. Used to enjoy watching fast paced competitive battle replay videos with narration, but thanks to one of SWSH's many cut features I can't even have that anymore since (understandably) nobody wants to spend time trimming out all the downtime between turns. Yeah there's Showdown for the faster pace but just staring at pixel jpegs gets boring after a while.
Geeze, to think that they removed things like the Vs Recorder, that was a staple in the games since Gen IV? That's reaching levels of "Sims 4 not having Swimming Pools on release" bad.

Ilikeoreos

Child of the 80s (or early 90s at least)
kiwifarms.net
This was initially brought up in the Temtems thread but I figured I'd put it here to not derail, but anyway.

Am I the only one who's never had trouble with Brock using Charmander? As long as you're a decent enough level just spam Ember. Geodude and Onix's Sp. Def (or just Special in gen I) are so abysmally low that even a resisted Sp. Attack hits them hard. In fact it's so easy that a super effective Metal Claw in FR/LG does less than Ember on Onix.
Ironically, getting through Brock with Bulbasaur in gen 1 was very tedious with just Tackle and Leech Seed. At least Charmander and Squirtle learn Ember and Bubble earlier that Bulbasaur can get Vine Whip. Bulbasaur is still my favorite gen 1 starter though.

Reactions: AmarettoPie

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I definitely call bull shit about him not knowing what it meant. If this was an obscure fan with little influencd in the fandom they would have gotten crucified. For some reason DK seems immune to criticism.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I definitely call bull shit about him not knowing what it meant. If this was an obscure fan with little influencd in the fandom they would have gotten crucified. For some reason DK seems immune to criticism.
I think Dk just hides in a bubble to ignore any criticism, and as you might guess with a lot of normal pokemon fans. They forget shit after a while. And likely never bring up said criticism again.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: rotollo

rotollo

Just some asshole
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1134389

Little dumbass changed it.

Also, I don't buy it for a second that he didn't know what he was doing.
He blended those images suprsingly well, still autistic that he couldn't tell that it was a jew from the fact it had a Yamika though.
If this was an obscure fan with little influencd in the fandom they would have gotten crucified.
The counter point to that would be if it was an obscure fan with little influence is no one would have seen the video

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
He blended those images suprsingly well, still autistic that he couldn't tell that it was a jew from the fact it had a Yamika though.
Not really, it's surprisingly easy to do that, so I wouldn't give him credit - All you'd need to do is remove the white from the original jew image, cover up pikachu's face, and then just color in.

Also, it's a well known meme, he'd have to look it up specifically in order to find it.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Also, it's a well known meme, he'd have to look it up specifically in order to find it.
This.

Dude know full well, and was clearly testing the waters, and when the waters turned rapid, he backed out.

His apologies is about as convicing as the one from southpark.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
This.

Dude know full well, and was clearly testing the waters, and when the waters turned rapid, he backed out.

His apologies is about as convicing as the one from southpark.

And people wonder why he's not very well liked... And why people don't want him as the head of a consumer revolt. It's shit like this that'll get developers not wanting to listen. Even if he changed the thumbnail, he still had it up, and still had the intent of doing this.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked when you didn't need the internet or extra apps to trade.

Now you have to use external apps for a fee. That's kind of BS.

• Feels
Reactions: AnotherPleb

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Ironically, getting through Brock with Bulbasaur in gen 1 was very tedious with just Tackle and Leech Seed. At least Charmander and Squirtle learn Ember and Bubble earlier that Bulbasaur can get Vine Whip. Bulbasaur is still my favorite gen 1 starter though.
Ugh, Vine Whip. Until you get Razor Leaf Bulbasaur utterly blows with STAB in gen I. It was really weak as expected (35 power) but for some reason it had a pathetic 10 power points. And that's even before getting into the whole evo line's lack of an attacking Poison move (as in not a status move) whatsoever.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ugh, Vine Whip. Until you get Razor Leaf Bulbasaur utterly blows with STAB in gen I. It was really weak as expected (35 power) but for some reason it had a pathetic 10 power points. And that's even before getting into the whole evo line's lack of an attacking Poison move (as in not a status move) whatsoever.
Not that there was much to choose from. Sludge was the most powerful at 65, and was exclusive to Muk and Weezing. Arbok, Vileplume, Victreebel, and Tentacruel got Acid as their best poison move at 40 power. Beedrill, Nidoqueen, and Nidoking got Poison Sting at 15 power. Venusaur, Golbat, Venomoth, and Gengar got nothing but status moves(Toxic for all four and Poison Powder for Venusaur and Venomoth). The only other Poison damage move in Gen I was Smog, which was exlusive to the Koffing line.

Gen II was somewhat better when Sludge Bomb was introduced and made a TM but Venusaur, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Gengar, and Crobat were unable to learn it until Gen III.

Tags
None