Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Not that there was much to choose from. Sludge was the most powerful at 65, and was exclusive to Muk and Weezing. Arbok, Vileplume, Victreebel, and Tentacruel got Acid as their best poison move at 40 power. Beedrill, Nidoqueen, and Nidoking got Poison Sting at 15 power. Venusaur, Golbat, Venomoth, and Gengar got nothing but status moves(Toxic for all four and Poison Powder for Venusaur and Venomoth). The only other Poison damage move in Gen I was Smog, which was exlusive to the Koffing line.

Gen II was somewhat better when Sludge Bomb was introduced and made a TM but Venusaur, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Gengar, and Crobat were unable to learn it until Gen III.
Oh I'm aware. My guess is because Poison types were so ludicrously plentiful at the time they had to "nerf" them by not giving good (if any) STAB options. Not that it mattered either way since the broken Psychics annihilated them.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What would it be like to live in the Pokemon world?

- No stores in most towns other than poke marts (maybe you can buy people stuff there too?).

- No medical facilities except pokemon centers (maybe they treat humans too?).

- No paved roads between towns despite being in modern times.

- Even the biggest city is a small town.

- People just hang out in the wilderness waiting for trainers to walk by for battles. Desperately waiting.

- It's very likely you'll get jumped by wildlife.

- People have no problems with what would widely be considered animal abuse like dog or cock fighting in this world. But it's OK because they're magical or super animals who can be blasted by fire or crushed by rocks, and they just feel faint at worst.

- All most people talk about every day all the time is Pokemon.

Last edited:

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
crosspost from KF:

- No stores in most towns other than poke marts (maybe you can buy people stuff there too?).

- People just hang out in the wilderness waiting for trainers to walk by for battles. Desperately waiting.

- People have no problems with what would widely be considered animal abuse like dog or cock fighting in this world. But it's OK because they're magical or super animals who can be blasted by fire or crushed by rocks, and they just feel faint at worst.

-Proof God is real.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net

I wonder how bad the inflation there would be, given how you can force your opponent to give you more money with things like Amulet Coins and the Happy Hour move. Then again, would it even be considered inflation, or more of you stealing more of their money?

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net

Depends, are we going by game logic or anime logic?

Also, about the dogfight comment, it's been mentioned in the games and anime that more is done with the pokemon aside from having them fight each other (such as having them as pets).

• Informative
Reactions: ToroidalBoat

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
play max raid with japanese kids is kinda cute
That reminds me of when I played Battle Revolution (Wii) online. My team had Latias with double team and recover. The Westerners always lost to me (at least one forfeited). Meanwhile I always lost to Japanese players -- most memorable was an all bug team.

Depends, are we going by game logic or anime logic?
I was thinking of the game world.

Also I heard pocket monsters like fighting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylvie Paula Paula

Ilikeoreos

Child of the 80s (or early 90s at least)
kiwifarms.net
Oh I'm aware. My guess is because Poison types were so ludicrously plentiful at the time they had to "nerf" them by not giving good (if any) STAB options. Not that it mattered either way since the broken Psychics annihilated them.
And the only practical way to deal supereffective damage on Psychics in gen 1 was with a Jolteon with Pin Missle - an attack which can be as weak as Tackle if it only hits twice being used by a Pokemon who doesn't even get STAB from it

Silver Chariot

Current Grand Scale Soul Manipulator
kiwifarms.net
for you guys that actually have played Sword/Shield:
is it really worth a $60 price tag? is it even worth the $55-50 tag at Walmart? when do these games generally drop price?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
ToysRUs would routinely mark down nintendo games to 50% their price or have BOGO sales where you were purchasing a game for 30% of it's original price.

They have not started carrying games in America yet since the company restructured. But they're apparently going to re-expand their storefronts again.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
for you guys that actually have played Sword/Shield:
is it really worth a $60 price tag? is it even worth the $55-50 tag at Walmart? when do these games generally drop price?
If you’ve always wanted to get into competitive, shiny hunt, or want to try fighting giant Pokémon, it’s by far the best game for the job. If losing your favourites stings too much(and they’re not in the Galar dex), if you want a deep story, if you just prefer having the full set, probably not. If neither of those sets convinced you, look for it used.

Personally, for me it passed the ‘movie threshold’ (I got more time enjoying it than I would have buying tickets to good movies with the same value) and I personally think the Pokémon designs are some of the best we’ve had in a while.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
["Pokémon World" blasts on full volume]

Kind of like how there are hotels, I think Celadon Dept. Store is hinted at also being a regular supermarket. It's just in-game, as a trainer, all we care about and get are training-related items.

There's the Doctor and Nurse trainer class, even though typically Nurse Joys run the Pokémon Centers. I think it'd be pretty cool if there were doctors who had Pokémon partners working with them, but there might be restrictions on that.

I kind of see the routes looking like paved roads, or at least are just dirt roads. A lot of the older generations seemed to have rural areas to their regions.

Depends on the city and how they were founded, I assume. Not all cities have skyscrapers.

A trainer's life is hard, you travel roads so far... away from friends and family...

That's what Team Plasma was all about. Poaching is still a thing, but it's just as illegal as cock fighting.

You and me and Pokémon. Think of those "COEXIST" stickers but for Pokémon and it's actually not some bleeding heart utopian bullshit. Although maybe the Pokémon world is a utopia...

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
skysrapers
Even the places with skyscrapers are still town sized. I guess an exception would be in Black or White (2) where there seems to be big city. It's in the Pokemon world's Not New York after all.

Also where do people go to the bathroom or bathe? For instance, in Hoenn most houses appear to be single room places with maybe a bed... or even just floor cushions around a low table on tatami.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
For those still unaware, there's 35 "extra" Pokemon fully integrated into the game's code that you can't legitimately access yet. And by fully integrated I mean they're fully coded in to be usable and even have updated movesets (Blastoise learns Shell Smash for example).

With that in mind, with the revelation of 200+ mons returning, what's the story regarding those extra 35 now? Are they remnants from when GF originally tried to put all the mons in, they ran out of time, and those 35 are stuck in a weird limbo where they're statistically "finished" but weren't able to be squeezed in? (As an aside, Type: Null feels like this in particular but just barely made the initial cut for whatever reason). Or were they made that way all along as a "sneak peek" of sorts + as a side promotion as some kind for Home?

My gut says the latter. Not only due to Melmetal randomly getting a G-max form, but also due to how the two other Kanto starters are getting G-max forms down the road as well (which aren't coded in the game as of yet, we would've known about these forms before the DLC announcement if they were).

There was also the massive issue with how Move Types and Stats worked until Gen 4, Poison was a "Physical" type so there were many pokemon who would have been crappy with Sludge Bomb even if they could learn it.

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net

imagine walking down the street and a kid gets in your face, screaming about how comfortable his shorts are, before trying to beat the absolute shit out of you

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
There was also the massive issue with how Move Types and Stats worked until Gen 4, Poison was a "Physical" type so there were many pokemon who would have been crappy with Sludge Bomb even if they could learn it.
Ha, that's nothing compared to Dark. Dark was Special before the split, and nearly every fully evolved Dark type in existence before then either had either equal offensive stats or higher Attack. Only one who was specifically Special-orientated was Houndoom.

To top it off, when the split did happen every pre-existing Dark move became physical and they made entirely new Special ones just for the split.

Tags
None