Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
I just built my first legitimate competitive team; perfect IVs in all six mons, specifically made to counter my friend’s mono-steel build:

Gastrodon (Bred with Yawn) special tank
Snorlax (Bred with Curse), physical tank
Charizard (Solar Power), sweeper
Dragapult, physical sweeper
Rotom (Trick w/ Choice Scarf) suicide sweeper
Hydreigon, coverage

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
Which one? Is it heat?
Yeah, Heat-Rotom with Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Overheat and Trick. Trick + Choice Scarf so I could go first due to the speed boost and prevent my opponent (specifically my friend’s Corviknight bulk sweeper from endlessly using Bulk Up and/or Taunt). Too bad it’s notoriously fragile, hence the need for Volt Switch.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the recent Datamine of Home, it was found out that every single Pokemon and form, even Megas, Ultra Necrozma, and the unreleased Eternal Flower Floette and Original Magearna, are at least partially programmed into the game, complete with base stats, typing, and even compatibility with Sword and Shield's TM and TR lists(even if they are not available in the game at all). While it was known that Megas and Ultra Necrozma were at least viewable in the Pokedex, I don't think anyone was expecting them and Floette/Magearna

The only exceptions are Spiky-Earred Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu, and the Gen VII Totem-sized Pokemon. The former two are pretty obvious because they can't be put in Bank, neither can the USUM exclusive Totem-sized Pokemon, but the ones that can be fought in the original Sun and Moon can, and they revert to normal-sized ones when transferred to Home.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
In the recent Datamine of Home, it was found out that every single Pokemon and form, even Megas, Ultra Necrozma, and the unreleased Eternal Flower Floette and Original Magearna, are at least partially programmed into the game, complete with base stats, typing, and even compatibility with Sword and Shield's TM and TR lists(even if they are not available in the game at all). While it was known that Megas and Ultra Necrozma were at least viewable in the Pokedex, I don't think anyone was expecting them and Floette/Magearna

The only exceptions are Spiky-Earred Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu, and the Gen VII Totem-sized Pokemon. The former two are pretty obvious because they can't be put in Bank, neither can the USUM exclusive Totem-sized Pokemon, but the ones that can be fought in the original Sun and Moon can, and they revert to normal-sized ones when transferred to Home.
Even stranger is that Magerna got a shiny redo. For its main form, the shiny is identical (the unreleased "original paint job" does have a proper shiny, going from red to black). But the shiny changes to this when transferred to Home.
1581641186312.png

What's more, Floette-Eternal's model doesn't appear in the Switch version of Home, but does on the mobile app.
1581641144921.png
1581641227414.png

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not surprised that Home has data for all the pokemon following on from bank. It's meant to be the successor, after all. I'm a little more surprised to see it has TM and TR lists, though.

Having a genuine shiny is good. It was always weird that it didn't.

One complaint I haven't seen you guys air - the 3d models posed like the 2d images creates a pretty off feeling for me. It's an uncanny valley thing - I know what this sprite should look like, so seeing it in 3d is eeeegh.

I'm surprised they didn't just go with the sprites anyways, tbh.

Rivalo

kiwifarms.net
Even stranger is that Magerna got a shiny redo. For its main form, the shiny is identical (the unreleased "original paint job" does have a proper shiny, going from red to black). But the shiny changes to this when transferred to Home.
View attachment 1143401

What's more, Floette-Eternal's model doesn't appear in the Switch version of Home, but does on the mobile app.
View attachment 1143400
View attachment 1143403
Shiny Eternal Flower Floette also got changed, its eyes went from black to blue. It's really weird how these Pokémon are completely unreleased, yet they're updating models and whatnot.
floette-eternal-l-s[1].gif
1581642812096.png

• Informative
Reactions: José Mourinho

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
One complaint I haven't seen you guys air - the 3d models posed like the 2d images creates a pretty off feeling for me. It's an uncanny valley thing - I know what this sprite should look like, so seeing it in 3d is eeeegh.

I'm surprised they didn't just go with the sprites anyways, tbh.
Some of them in particular look extra terrible. Poor Hippowdon still missing his sandbed and looking like a bootleg Hungry Hungry Hippo here.
1581643343382.png

And then there's the extra hilarious "facial hair" they gave Carcoal. One would think they simply mistook the texture line in the artwork for an actual detail but it's clearly not there on the in-game model so, no clue what happened here.
1581643470738.png1581643609310.png
1581643630470.png

Shiny Eternal Flower Floette also got changed, its eyes went from black to blue. It's really weird how these Pokémon are completely unreleased, yet they're updating models and whatnot.
View attachment 1143422
View attachment 1143423
Between this and the fact it has its own separate dex entries in USUM, GF is just fucking with us at this rate.

Rivalo

kiwifarms.net
And then there's the extra hilarious "facial hair" they gave Carcoal. One would think they simply mistook the texture line in the artwork for an actual detail but it's clearly not there on the in-game model so, no clue what happened here.
View attachment 1143437View attachment 1143442View attachment 1143443
THAT is what Carkol is supposed to look like!? The artwork actually makes it look good! What the fuck did Creatures Inc. do to it?! This seriously just makes me miss sprites even more.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Might be of particular interest to @Dunsparce but it seems our beloved rotund cryptid might finally be getting his dues with an evo according to the Home datamine.

The (Stage: 2) denotes an evo. But the statistics are otherwise identical to base Dunsparce, so it's quite possible this is just an error/typo. Its moveset was updated however so we'll more than likely see it from the DLC, evo or not.
1581727220112.png

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Sylvie Paula Paula

Dunsparce

Out of Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Might be of particular interest to @Dunsparce but it seems our beloved rotund cryptid might finally be getting his dues with an evo according to the Home datamine.

The (Stage: 2) denotes an evo. But the statistics are otherwise identical to base Dunsparce, so it's quite possible this is just an error/typo. Its moveset was updated however so we'll more than likely see it from the DLC, evo or not.
View attachment 1145229
Actually, many only-stage Pokmon are listed as Stage 2 or Stage 3 in the coding of Home, including legendaries.

• Informative
Reactions: Buttigieg2020

Rivalo

kiwifarms.net
So there are a lot more issues with Home than just textures on the models, here are some of the things I've discovered in the past like half-an-hour:
  1. Mythicals can't be traded, period. Doesn't matter if they have those ribbons that previously prevented them from being deposited in the GTS, or if they're from in-game catches and therefore have no ribbons, they just can't be traded.
  2. Safari Ball Pokémon also can't be traded, I haven't verified this myself, but I've seen someone say they tried to trade a Safari Ball Pokémon, with no success at all.
  3. Sport Balls aren't implemented, they turn into regular Poké Balls. Even Sun/Moon had Sport Balls implemented.
  4. Room Trade is incredibly buggy, you have to wait 3 minutes for the countdown to finish, and only then are you supposed to choose a Pokémon to basically Wonder Trade with the other people in the room. Problem is, when the countdown does end, it boots you out of the room.
  5. The GTS has limited listings for when you're searching for a Pokémon. I tried to have someone trade me a Pokémon through the GTS, they couldn't find my listing at all.
  6. Hahahaha Friend Trading:

Last edited:
Tags
None