Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If and when Pokemon ends, what do you think the final game in the series would be like? Hopefully not a disappointment...

(also I don't see the franchise ending anytime soon)

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
If and when Pokemon ends, what do you think the final game in the series would be like? Hopefully not a disappointment...

Would probably end not with a bang, but with a whimper, unless Game Freak were made aware that this would be the final game in the series. Basically, I’d expect nothing special, just something roughly on par with what we’ve been getting lately.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
Would probably end not with a bang, but with a whimper, unless Game Freak were made aware that this would be the final game in the series. Basically, I’d expect nothing special, just something roughly on par with what we’ve been getting lately.
It'd be the final game in the franchise. They'd have to do something special for the occasion.

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
It'd be the final game in the franchise. They'd have to do something special for the occasion.
Not necessarily, it could just be a regular game that somehow ends up selling poorly enough for the series to come to an end (for example, Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash). However, I can’t see this ever happening to Pokémon unless Game Freak were to fail catastrophically.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net

Assuming this was an intentional final game.

Looking back, probably our best model is US/UM. You can see in hindsight that that game was meant to be a jump-off point of sorts. All the big bosses come back, a Pokemon introduced that's arguably more powerful than arceus...

If it wasn't intentional, it'd have to not just be meh, it'd have to be actively insulting to the playerbase to KILL it. Like a feminism-infested thing or something.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking about that Bea animated special and it got me wondering. Fighting types, at least by what the special showed, train via "conventional" workouts outside of battling. Hiking, boxing, ect. So, how would that translate to other types? Psychic types read lots of books and move shit telepathically to expand brain? Fire types hone how hot their flame attacks get? Bug types do, bug things, better...?

Rivalo

kiwifarms.net
The franchise as a whole can't go 10 seconds without fucking something up now it seems. Sigh...
The first glitch is way too specific for any casual player to worry about unless it's confirmed to also occur for sleep mode and the home button.

Second one of course is of bigger concern if it's confirmed to be replicatible. Though, the game was released not to long ago, so I'm sure a patch will be released soon to fix these game breaking bugs and then some.
There's a possible reason this is happening: the game autosaves on literally everything you do. If you move, it saves, if you attack, it saves, if you throw a Doom Seed at one of your teammates just because you wanted to fuck around, it saves. So saves becoming corrupted in some way if you pull specific things in a specific sequence is bound to happen, because you can't just reset and it'll go back to its previous save point, you'll just be placed back into whatever the game autosaved to, even if it's some sort of loop it can't get out of.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking about that Bea animated special and it got me wondering. Fighting types, at least by what the special showed, train via "conventional" workouts outside of battling. Hiking, boxing, ect. So, how would that translate to other types? Psychic types read lots of books and move shit telepathically to expand brain? Fire types hone how hot their flame attacks get? Bug types do, bug things, better...?
I think you train bug types by having them bump into lightbulbs over and over.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Ice types just give everyone the cold shoulder. Normal types just be more normal? I assume fairy types make a twitter account or what ever the Pokemon version of it is, and just spend more and more time on it. :story: Ghost types. Uh? Die harder? I would guess dark types start running all the illegal stuff, selling poke-nip and Rare Candies to trainers.

Reactions: Rivalo

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh the Mystery Dungeon remake's out already? Haven't been paying attention. I'm interested in playing it, but holy fuck those bugs if true.

Speaking of which, does anyone in this thread have a favorite legendary/mythical pokemon?
I'm quite a big fan of the Legendary and Mythical Pokémon, it's part of the reason I enjoy a lot of the movies. Might be bias on my end as a Pokémon kid, I dunno, but my favorite's the Mew duo in which I lean more toward Mewtwo as one of my all-time favorite characters in anything.

In terms of design, though, it's a tie between Cresselia and Lunala. Them having ties to the moon is probably a coincidink especially since Mewtwo's linked to the moon as well.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Big types would probably depend on the type of bug. Scyther would focus on maneuverability and speed, sharpness of blades...Pinser would be more defense and strength oriented, like crushing rocks in its pinchers to build up durability...ect

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

My brother's pipedream is that the final game will feature all of the regions, and the Switch or the next console might be able to pull that off. But after seeing what happened with SwSh, now I can't see that happening as well as they would like.

If they want to go out with a bang, they should just launch an official MMO like everyone's wanted for a decade.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
My brother's pipedream is that the final game will feature all of the regions, and the Switch or the next console might be able to pull that off. But after seeing what happened with SwSh, now I can't see that happening as well as they would like.

If they want to go out with a bang, they should just launch an official MMO like everyone's wanted for a decade.
Temtem has shown that Pokemon's formula doesn't make an mmo by itself. It needs a LOT more work to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Agent Wet

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the final game will feature all of the regions
SpaceEngine can pull off the entire universe down to a meter scale (albeit procedural), so it's possible. Also that all regions thing would be a good idea. One could fly around the PokeWorld using that soaring through the sky thing from OR/AS. I think it would look something like Earth, with the Gen I-IV regions together like Not Japan of the Not Earth. Maybe it could be a MMO like you say. I prefer offline that could go online.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Porygon and evolutions are virtual reality pokemon that can turn themselves into data, shouldn't they be like holograms, so ghost or ghost/electric type? Why are they normal type?

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
If Porygon and evolutions are virtual reality pokemon that can turn themselves into data, shouldn't they be like holograms, so ghost or ghost/electric type? Why are they normal type?
I would say so it would have as few weaknesses as possible and later utilize special normal type moves like tri-attack. Also, at the time it was created, they restricted ghost typing to the Gengar line. Also, seeing as its artificially made, it can be assumed that its normal typing was an intentional element in its design.

• Informative
Reactions: ToroidalBoat

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I would say so it would have as few weaknesses as possible and later utilize special normal type moves like tri-attack. Also, at the time it was created, they restricted ghost typing to the Gengar line. Also, seeing as its artificially made, it can be assumed that its normal typing was an intentional element in its design.
To add on further, Porygon is effectively a living, adaptational program designed to change and mold to a given situation (the one fateful episode where Porygon appeared depicts this).
1583895034838.png

What's more, the line as a whole have exclusivity to the Conversion and Conversion 2 moves, which revolve around changing types to adjust battle strategy. Therefore the Porygons default to the "neutral" Normal type, because in reality, they can be anything.

(Porygon-Z is my #2 mon of all time in case my nerding out didn't make that obvious)

Tags
None