Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
If Porygon and evolutions are virtual reality pokemon that can turn themselves into data, shouldn't they be like holograms, so ghost or ghost/electric type? Why are they normal type?
To add on further again, not only do they like to cast type-changing Pokemon as normal as a baseline (the most obvious exception being Oricorio, which has no baseline form), but Normal is the type they use for types that don't exist yet. Like fairy type, or the theoretical 'Sound' type. In addition, if they made Porygon electric, they'd then have to answer why following artificial Pokemon (like Castform) are not electric. Casting Porygon as normal sets the baseline as 'whatever is appropriate for the pokemon', so if they came up with a Pokemon based on a computer bug or an internet spider, they could type it poison/bug without having to use a type for electric.

It's a shame that its dex entries imply that something went terribly wrong with Z's programming during its evolution.
: )

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So what would Porygon (2/Z) be made of?

I like how the Porygon model in the N64 Stadium games looks like a SNES-era flat-shaded simple model, like something from Star Fox. Also Porygon 2 looks like a plastic drinking kiwi birb.

Porygon is a Pokemon that could be "truly real," although only in virtual or augmented reality. Especially with advancements in AI.

(Porygon-Z is my #2 mon of all time in case my nerding out didn't make that obvious)
It's too bad the banned episode seems to have banned the Porygon lineup from the anime forever, when it was Pikachu's fault for the colorful seizure-inducing explosions. Porygon was just there.

Last edited:

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
so has anyone seen the new way to getting shinies and perfect mons, theres a twitch channel called oaklabs where you import info from pokemon showdown, post it in the chat and whipers the channels bot your trade code and it will create the pokemon and trade it to you.

it can create pokemon with perfect iv/ev's shiny or not and it can create legendaries as long as it can exist in sword and shield, also if the pokemon is shiny lock it will not work.

The bots will not make pokemon that are currently illegal or have moves that it cant possibly learn however.

It has quite the following now with people requesting shinies holding masterballs.

There are those who are getting upset that the shiny market is now dead and honestly, i feel it as a good thing.

Syikeblade

kiwifarms.net
so has anyone seen the new way to getting shinies and perfect mons, theres a twitch channel called oaklabs where you import info from pokemon showdown, post it in the chat and whipers the channels bot your trade code and it will create the pokemon and trade it to you.

it can create pokemon with perfect iv/ev's shiny or not and it can create legendaries as long as it can exist in sword and shield, also if the pokemon is shiny lock it will not work.

The bots will not make pokemon that are currently illegal or have moves that it cant possibly learn however.

It has quite the following now with people requesting shinies holding masterballs.

There are those who are getting upset that the shiny market is now dead and honestly, i feel it as a good thing.
The den exploits killed the shiny market, also can you send a link to the channel please?

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
The den exploits killed the shiny market, also can you send a link to the channel please?

im currently in the process of getting all the legendaries thru this method as trying to get them legit is basically impossible with the trades that people are asking for.

Last edited:

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net

Ah, so that's where it came from. I got a perfect shiny G-max Charizard holding a Master Ball with the name "PkmLab.com" some time ago via random Surprise Trade.
So what would Porygon (2/Z) be made of?

It's too bad the banned episode seems to have banned the Porygon lineup from the anime forever, when it was Pikachu's fault for the colorful seizure-inducing explosions. Porygon was just there.
Quite literally living code since they're a computer program given physical form (they're not incorporeal like a hologram, you can physically touch them and they themselves can interact with the outside world on a physical level). How that translates into actual matter, mass, and exactly what material they're composed of is anyone's guess though, since such technology doesn't exist in our reality.

And you don't need to tell me twice about the incident. I already don't care for Pikachu by default, but I will forever hold a burning hatred towards that rat for what he did to my precious data bird.

#PorygonDidNothingWrong #PorygonWasFramed

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Only real hang up is they can only be in regular Pokeballs, which may be a tip-off for mythical ones

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
How did Pikachu get to be the series mascot anyway?
Does Porygon 2 move like a drinking birb in the Gen 6 games?
Pikachu became the mascot for a few reasons. The first mascot was actually meant to be Clefairy, of all things - they changed at the last minute because Pikachu has more gender-neutral appeal.
There's other reasons why Pikachu's a good choice too:
- it's the first 'rare' pokemon people can catch in the games,
- it's the first electric type people can get for a long while,
- Electric isn't 'plain' like Clefairy's previous Normal type,
- it's a more versatile pokemon than Clefairy's near-circular chonk,
- it's got no special origins (Clefairy apparently comes from the moon) making it seem more like a good baseline...

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How that translates into actual matter, mass, and exactly what material they're composed of is anyone's guess though, since such technology doesn't exist in our reality.
Maybe solid holograms, like holodeck characters from Star Trek TNG?

Pikachu became the mascot for a few reasons. The first mascot was actually meant to be Clefairy, of all things - they changed at the last minute because Pikachu has more gender-neutral appeal.
In that timeline, a certain lolcow would be wearing a Sonifairy medallion?

Catastrophe-TM

The Bed Sheet Deity
kiwifarms.net
Free trial for Bank ends soon and I don't know if it removed my subscription count or not. I withdrew my living dex and put it all in Ultra Sun to see, but I kinda don't want to renew my sub again since I'm a little disappointed with the way things are going nowadays.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
One of the coolest mons and it has an excellent shiny. You have great taste in Pocket Monsters. Is your favorite Dhelmise?
No. In fact while I'm fond of it, Dhelmise isn't even among my top favorites. It's mostly there for the username wordplay.

My actual #1 is this little weirdo.
1584006374919.png

Ostriches are my favorite animal, and I'm just a massive bird person period. That and one of my earliest memories with the series was playing Stadium at a friend's house, picking Dodrio because he looked cool, and proceeding to utterly decimate my friend's team. Then later when I got Y (I actually got into the series very late thanks to Satanic Panic parents) it was my first to reach lv. 100, and when I later took up shiny breeding it was the first shiny I got with a perfect IV spread. It's a mon that's always been special to me for multiple reasons.

Tags
None