Pokemon Griefing Thread - Pokemon Home worse than expected, be sure to pay up more for DLCs #ThankYouGameFreak

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Mount Pyre can get pretty sad.

"Memories of my darling Skitty... My eyes flood just thinking about it."

"Why is he so particular about [his grave]? Once you die, everything will be gone..."

Meanwhile a Hex Maniac and others hang around waiting for trainers to battle in a graveyard.
That's basically every region though. One NPC will be weeping about their dead first route rodent or whatever, then the very person you talk to is like "HEY WANNA BATTLE WHILE DANCING ON THE TOMBSTONES?!"

• DRINK!
Reactions: ToroidalBoat

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Depending on how rare that shit is, she could probably make decent bank off it.
Well none of them are in mint condition thanks to us, so she's shit out of luck. :lol:

EDIT: Oh we're sharing merch now? Alrighty, I'll share my insanity.

Only thing missing are the DVDs of the first nine seasons, and the movies. Figured that's too obvious.

This Psyduck plush can't sit flat lol. I thought there's a Psyduck Sitting Cuties plush, but it wasn't on the Pokémon Center site? Anyhoo, manga:
IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG

I'm currently reading through those before I put them on the shelf with the other boxsets.

I'm not moving my weeb shrine around to take separate pics, so here's figurines (the games are there if you look closely):
IMG_0871.JPG

More Sitting Cuties that can't sit up straight currently:
IMG_0873.JPG

Detective Pikachu artbook:
IMG_0880.JPG

More plushies that I can't fit anywhere else atm:
IMG_0875.JPG

Clothing merch (not all of them, but these are my favs--that one's a Mew shirt btw. I think it's cool but it's hard to see in poor lighting tbh, though maybe that was the point of a mirage Pokémon):
IMG_0883.JPG

Soundtracks plus bedsheet since I need to make my bed:
IMG_0879.JPG

And the old shit in a box. Lil' Mew figurine peeking out :heart-full::
IMG_0882.JPG

The figurines I "swiped" to keep, I need to dust lol:
IMG_0877.JPG

Bonus: an old tin of bubblegum I kept, and a video tape containing the world-premiere airing of "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" because I'm literally insane and I don't know if it even works still.
IMG_0884.JPG

Last edited:

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Over 28.8 billion Pokémon Trading Card Game cards have been produced worldwide" - Bulbapedia

That's the equivalent of about 4 cards for every person on Earth.

i played Pokemon Sapphire
That's a good place to start IMO. Without nostalgia glasses on, I think Gen 3 (with the remakes of Red and Green) was a good "reboot" of the series from the previous Gameboy games.

That's basically every region though.
Pokemon NPCs really are unique. In other RPGs, the NPCs talk about stuff normal people in such worlds would. But in Pokemon...

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pokemon NPCs really are unique. In other RPGs, the NPCs talk about stuff normal people in such worlds would. But in Pokemon...
...they talk about normal stuff people in a Pokémon world would talk about lol. I've noticed in recent games they have some... really weird dialogue, though. I dunno what examples to give tbh, there's a lot of them--even older games had them like "I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" but current ones seem to be trying hard to be memetic, I guess.

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Ohhh man. I have far too much pokemon merch to list. Most of it is from my childhood, but there are two notable things.

The first is a Shining Tyranitar card I pulled when I was about 7 that's apparently quite rare. It's not in the best condition, but I love it anyway because that was the first time I ever pulled an awesome card like that. God I really miss the days when the tcg wasn't as popular.

The second item is something rather underwhelming - a Golbat plushie from Burger King. I had no clue about pokemon back then but I thought the Golbat plushie was the best thing ever. It was only when my dad got me Silver that I realised it was from the franchise. I still have it on display in my bedroom 20 years later!

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The second item is something rather underwhelming - a Golbat plushie from Burger King.
Wtf I've never seen a Golbat Burger King plushie. Luckyyyyy.

EDIT: Wait, I have, but I've never had one. But I didn't know there was a Gyaradoes beanbag from Burger King wtfffff

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Wtf I've never seen a Golbat Burger King plushie. Luckyyyyy.

EDIT: Wait, I have, but I've never had one. But I didn't know there was a Gyaradoes beanbag from Burger King wtfffff
I have that one too. Back in the day Burger King's pokemon toys were great. I think I also had Ekans and Oddish too, though I don't know if I still have those either.

the autist of dojima

Me? Im already half shitpost
kiwifarms.net
*JoJoBA intentifies*

Anyway, pretty much just fans wanting things to never change, but also change at the same time.

Voltorb is pure and perfect, I agree on muk and the touge fetish pokemon being bad.
Araki doesnt do monsters all that much and most of his designs are based on random fashion magazines that he just finds
If you want a better comparison it would be kaneko going from ripping off anime to his doll like asthetic
thor.jpgthor 2.jpg

Medafag

From Furfag to Waluigifag
kiwifarms.net
That's a good place to start IMO. Without nostalgia glasses on, I think Gen 3 (with the remakes of Red and Green) was a good "reboot" of the series from the previous Gameboy games.
Gen 3 made many good improvements, like the storage system and item management, being able to move Pokemon from any box to your party without having to save every single time was truly a godsend, i now know that, since i played Pokemon Red for the first time last year, let's just say it wasn't a pleasant experience...

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"
First time I saw that I thought it was so lol random.

(and they really are comfy and easy to wear)

Gen 3 made many good improvements
Plus there's Battle Tower or Trainer Tower in Gen 3 games which allow you to battle trainers at the same level. In Gen 1-2 -- at least aside from Crystal -- if you had no friends and wanted to battle other than re-fighting the (increasingly weak) Elite Four, that meant having to buy the Stadium games on the N64. In other words, more replayable value. Also Gen 3 games are less buggy.

There was also the whole overhaul of berries.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, III was more of a "soft reboot" than V when you think about it. It's easy to forget just how much was outright overhauled from that single jump.

IVs and EVs completely reworked
Shiny calculation methods changed
Berries vastly expanded on
Boxes modernized to the setup we're familiar with today
Abilities
Natures
Personality values
Double battles
New general weather condition (hail)

All of these are base, standard improvements that have remained constants in the series ever since (I refuse to count Let's Go, fuck what GF says about it being a main series title). The only major issues short of the obvious competitive training aspects are the day/night cycle (which was strangely dropped after just being introduced last gen), the fact that this was "the first Dexit" for a time (it wasn't until several games in that you could truly catch them all again) and the physical/special split really needing to have happened by then. Beyond those three though, Hoenn did far, far more to advance the series than most give it credit for.

Parson Weebs

Plus Ultra (further beyond)
kiwifarms.net
Shower thought: If you had to associate each of the Pokémon games with a particular decade/era, which ones would you go for. For example, I'd associate the Gen I games with the 1950's, due to the the greyish graphics and the Mewtwo story which evokes the B-scifi/horror movies of that period, like the original invasion of the body snatchers/the blob. I'm talking pretty vaguely here ofc. This is just my opinion.

Gen II seems 60-ish to me because of its bright colours and general optimistic tone. The Beach Boys are playing in Olivine City. Gen III seems quite 70's, due to its focus on environmentalism (very Rachel Carson) and the shady Orre region. Gen IV's rustic appeal seems like it belongs in the 1890s-1900s - before the cataclysm of WWI. I recognise I'm being pretty odd here, trying to compare real world history with a fantasy video game series.

Gen V seems pretty brusque, '80s and Americanised. (Ghetsis' s first name is Reagan). Gen VI seems to evoke the 1990s with its nostalgia and general complacency. Gen VII is set in the prosperous but psychologically anxious 2000s, while I'd hazard a guess that Gen VIII is set in the 2010s because it's confused, overheated shit. {being really harsh and flippant here, I haven't played Gen VIII yet. I love you GameFreak}.

I'd love to see a PokéGen set in a classical world setting, like Ancient Egypt or Assyria. It might be cool to see how the cataclysmic war referenced in Gen VI came about. There could be a minigame with Rapidash chariot-racing in the colosseum. Sit in the grove of Poképhilosopher Drus (Ancient Greek for oak). Row with Machoke and Poliwraths in triremes. Build temples to Solrock with Gurdurrs. Get lost in the Tauros Labyrinths.

A medieval Europe setting could be pretty fun too, with Bisharp and Gallade as the loyal companions of knights. Castles in Eastern Europe, Britain and Iberia could provide inspiration. Castlevania with Pokémon.

I think GameFreak need to mix the setting up for Gen IX. Thoughts?

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man, I haven't touched Shield for a month or so now. My Pokémon are probably still stuck at work lol.

It's times like this where I wish Pokémon had implemented the clock like how Animal Crossing did so that way when you return after a long period of time, your Pokémon have all fainted from hunger, there's a lot of weeds, wild Pokémon and thugs have stolen your shit, and your rival, as Champion, has to get new Pokémon to be on your level whenever you reach a checkpoint while they feign excitement from battling you.

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
Man, I haven't touched Shield for a month or so now. My Pokémon are probably still stuck at work lol.

It's times like this where I wish Pokémon had implemented the clock like how Animal Crossing did so that way when you return after a long period of time, your Pokémon have all fainted from hunger, there's a lot of weeds, wild Pokémon and thugs have stolen your shit, and your rival, as Champion, has to get new Pokémon to be on your level whenever you reach a checkpoint while they feign excitement from battling you.
Almost everyone on my friend list who bought it have similar experiences. It was the flavor of the month, now no one cares.
Kinda happy about that, honestly.

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
I will never buy Pokemon for my Switch and I'm 100% happy with that outcome.

So done with this series.
Yeah I feel the same way. I recently went through my old game collection pondering what to sell and realised I've been playing mainline pokemon games for so long it's no wonder I'd end up fatigued. Meanwhile I'd probably go for another Pokemon Snap but I guess that's not going to happen.

• Feels
Reactions: rotollo

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve still been jumping in to do shiny hunts, egg hatching, and raids, but I’ve done most everything else in the game so I’m just waiting on the DLC content.

• Autistic
Reactions: Guts Gets Some

Dunsparce

Out of Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Completed my Shiny fossil collection a while back, just needed Arctovish. This includes all previous gen Fossils. Waiting on the Hidden Abilities of the new starters to come out before finishing my Shiny Starter collection.

I have about 12 boxes of Shinies, if I leave out duplicates. This includes all Legendaries and Mythicals that can legally be Shiny. Lots of trading and lots of self-resetting on my own end to get that much.

In terms of methods, my personal favorite has been the Shiny Ditto Trick in the Gen II Virtual Console games. Using the Shiny Gyarados caught in the game, and another 2DS/3DS system with a Gen I VC game to trade said Gyarados to, you can use a glitch to get a Shiny Ditto to trade back to your Gen II game. In GSC, if you breed a Shiny Pokemon with a non-Shiny Pokemon(For various mechanical reasons that would take a mini-essay to explain, two Shiny Pokemon cannot breed with eachother in these games), it has a 1/64 chance of being Shiny. Using this you can easily get a Shiny version of any breedable Gen I or II Pokemon, who will always have their Hidden Ability when transferred to Bank.

• Informative
Reactions: SteelPlatedHeart
Tags
None