Pokemon Griefing Thread - "Big Project" being a Pokemon MOBA game with Tencent. Do you guys not have phones? #ThankYouGameFreak

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Does anybody remember this feature whatsoever?

Has to be one of the least talked about things in the main series. I don't think I've seen a single YT video so much as give it a passing mention.
That's the reason I have several hundred Damp Rocks in my copy of Y. I thought it was an interesting concept, although I didn't like the specific move choices required to get some of the items.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently people found some beta sprites for Diamond and Pearl in the Gigaleak. Y'all, these are hilarious.

It seems like the back sprites were originally bigger, and a lot of them have significantly different designs compared to the front. What's crazy is that you can trace almost exactly who each of these pokemon are.

View attachment 1474944

My favourite meme look is shitty Proto Regigigas. My fave serious design is either Proto Rampardos or Proto Prinplup.

EDIT: Just to get ahead of the ball here, the six-legged orange creature is giratina, and the goldish-grey shadow with ring eyes is Arceus, going by these photos with Dex Numbers:

View attachment 1474959 View attachment 1474961
Does anyone know what the Pokemon above Dialga and below Yanmega is supposed to be?

Edit: Just realized it could be Lumineon.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Looks pretty much the same except for the lack of a hat and three baby heads.

But wtf is this thing?
View attachment 1475044
Early Rotom?
Does anyone know what the Pokemon above Dialga and below Yanmega is supposed to be?
That's early rotom, yeah, and the thing between Dialga and Yanmega is Early Lumineon.
A tip for everyone: in screenshots like this:
1595815027924.png

The number in green is the Dex Number of the matching Pokemon.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
It's such a shame Lumineon's so bland because there were some cool ideas there. But sadly it's a case of trying to mix too many things together (elements of freshwater butterflyfish, actual butterflies, and several deep sea species like the tripod fish, marine hatchetfish and possibly more) while trying to keep it cute.

I definitely like the beta form more at any rate. The vibrant neon colors against the black body and longer, creepier tail make it significantly more distinct. But I would've gone further and made it less cute in favor of putting emphasis on its "deep seaness" for lack of a better term.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
It's such a shame Lumineon's so bland because there were some cool ideas there. But sadly it's a case of trying to mix too many things together (elements of freshwater butterflyfish, actual butterflies, and several deep sea species like the tripod fish, marine hatchetfish and possibly more) while trying to keep it cute.

I definitely like the beta form more at any rate. The vibrant neon colors against the black body and longer, creepier tail make it significantly more distinct. But I would've gone further and made it less cute in favor of putting emphasis on its "deep seaness" for lack of a better term.
It was probably meant to be an 'actual sinnoh fish', as they seem to have gone for at least 1 fish Pokemon per gen. The Other DPP water types are a penguin, a weasel/otter, a Sea Slug, Mantyke, Bibarel, and Manaphy.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anybody remember this feature whatsoever?

Has to be one of the least talked about things in the main series. I don't think I've seen a single YT video so much as give it a passing mention.
I don't think I ever had any of that happen to me where I got a Natural Object. I just assumed they were just part of the backdrop now that everything was 3D and you could see the field as it naturally would look. Was that ever really explained in-game?

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
It was probably meant to be an 'actual sinnoh fish', as they seem to have gone for at least 1 fish Pokemon per gen. The Other DPP water types are a penguin, a weasel/otter, a Sea Slug, Mantyke, Bibarel, and Manaphy.
True. Same reason Basculin exists, they outright confirmed it went down like "Aw shit we don't have an obligatory fish. Uhhh here use this generic piranha/bass I drew in five minutes and give it two colors."

Barraskewda on the other hand is probably the best "fish slot" added in a while. Distinct, regionally fitting and badass all at once. If only it got Strong Jaw...

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
Damn, PSMD really did just play the credits over the sight of your main character slumped on the ground grieving their dead friend. I know the main campaign isn't the end but I'll just mention right now that overal I've really been enjoying this game. I did notice there's some stuff they took from here that they improved in rescue team DX cause I think held items and rare qualities are way more convenient than emera, and it's also kind of annoying to have to manually open treasure boxes one by one at a shop and paying money for it as opposed to just automatically opening them after clearing a dungeon run. While the beginning is babby gaem I already noticed that once you unlock more dungeon quests it can get really hard and you're going to get a lot of use out of those wands.
I did start a little bit of the postgame story already but it's also very addictive to do dungeon runs with like 4 missions in one and watch the rank points build up.

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
Kiwis, I took on Wish Cave and it was fucking hard. 10 floors of Dugtrio ate through my Reviver Seeds. Hell, there were multiple instances in which something a pokémon decimated me.

But it doesn't matter. In the end, I managed to get away with this cute little guy...
20200727_122602.jpg

Orbs still OP and Wands are the best thing to happen in this series since EoS and the Golden Seed.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would be nice if gen remakes introduce new gender differences so we could get the Snover too
Snover already has Gender differences, though. In fact a large chunk of Gen IV Pokemon do mostly because it was the gen that introduced the mechanic(Oddly only a handful of Gen V-VIII Pokemon have them, but they are in every case far more drastic than any of the Gender differences found in Gen I-IV Pokemon)

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Snover already has Gender differences, though. In fact a large chunk of Gen IV Pokemon do mostly because it was the gen that introduced the mechanic(Oddly only a handful of Gen V-VIII Pokemon have them, but they are in every case far more drastic than any of the Gender differences found in Gen I-IV Pokemon)
They probably heavily regret that design decision at this point, since it means a ton of mons require extra models (and we all know how utterly shit GF is at doing damn near anything efficiently). Then again they went out of their way to give a brand new one 60+ fucking forms (aka Alcremie) so I guess they're just morons who like punishing themselves by default.

Tags
None