Pokemon Griefing Thread - "Big Project" being a Pokemon MOBA game with Tencent. Do you guys not have phones? #ThankYouGameFreak

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
They probably heavily regret that design decision at this point, since it means a ton of mons require extra models (and we all know how utterly shit GF is at doing damn near anything efficiently). Then again they went out of their way to give a brand new one 60+ fucking forms (aka Alcremie) so I guess they're just morons who like punishing themselves by default.
Alcremie wouldn't be the first 3D era pokemon given a bunch of forms that are purely cosmetic (looking at you pumpkaboo).

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Then again they went out of their way to give a brand new one 60+ fucking forms (aka Alcremie) so I guess they're just morons who like punishing themselves by default.
To be fair of Alcremie, it is only 7 different models(one for each decoration, which is a very minor physical difference), with 9 skins given to each of them that are no less hard to make than it is a Shiny palette.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Snover already has Gender differences, though.
Yeah but the current one sucks. Its just a recolor anyway compared to this more notable difference.

They probably heavily regret that design decision at this point, since it means a ton of mons require extra models (and we all know how utterly shit GF is at doing damn near anything efficiently). Then again they went out of their way to give a brand new one 60+ fucking forms (aka Alcremie) so I guess they're just morons who like punishing themselves by default.
Pretty much why I think gender differences hardly show up anymore. GF is just cutting corners for less work while reducing form and biodiversity options for pokemon which would allow for immersion or visual appeal. Like someone here before mentioned that adding more gender differences or baby forms is useless but honestly it makes the world and its creatures feel more immersive and believable while adding to the cuteness factor in some. Also there's a certain joy to be had in watching your little guys grow up and get bigger as a visual sign of their progress and your hard work much like with real animal care.

Beta Garchomp looks way better than its final form, imo. The coloration looks like it'd blend in more with its earthy surroundings without looking bland, and it doesn't have those pointless doodads slapped to its head.
I personally like the doodads because I think it makes it look like a hammerhead shark, but yeah after seeing the new design it would be nice to see it be implemented again as a new regional form or something.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rivalo

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but the current one sucks. Its just a recolor anyway compared to this more notable difference.

Pretty much why I think gender differences hardly show up anymore. GF is just cutting corners for less work while reducing form and biodiversity options for pokemon which would allow for immersion or visual appeal. Like someone here before mentioned that adding more gender differences or baby forms is useless but honestly it makes the world and its creatures feel more immersive and believable while adding to the cuteness factor in some. Also there's a certain joy to be had in watching your little guys grow up and get bigger as a visual sign of their progress and your hard work much like with real animal care.

I personally like the doodads because I think it makes it look like a hammerhead shark, but yeah after seeing the new design it would be nice to see it be implemented again as a new regional form or something.
I don't know if baby forms really add that much immersion? Especially retroactive baby forms.

"Hey, normally when you breed these two pokemon, you get one thing, but it turns out if you add some perfume the baby comes out in a weaker state."

Besides, most gender differences are subtle enough that people don't notice them, but still require separate modeling and/or texturing. How many people genuinely notice something like Buizel's gender difference without it being pointed out?

Not to mention, most gender differences were established in the pixel era. It's a lot easier to justify peppering a couple dozen Pokemon with gender differences when it's near-static pixel art - it's a lot harder when it's on a moving 3d model.

That's why most of the recent gender differences have been for pokemon that either have mechanical reasons to indicate their split (Meowstic and Indeedee) or are meant to mirror real-life sexual dimorphism (Pyroar, Unfezant, and Jellicent with their monarchy theming)

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if baby forms really add that much immersion? Especially retroactive baby forms.

"Hey, normally when you breed these two pokemon, you get one thing, but it turns out if you add some perfume the baby comes out in a weaker state."
Hence why I'd prefer it if they removed the perfume nonsense altogether. Incenses are retarded anyway. Just like the whole moss rock and ice rock shit for Eevee which they were at least smart enough to remove with SwSh. Not like continuity matters much by this point. And like I already said, there's a joy in watching your worthless little pupper grow up into a strong boi, a physical sign of the progress you maid that's not just numbers on a screen.
Besides, most gender differences are subtle enough that people don't notice them, but still require separate modeling and/or texturing. How many people genuinely notice something like Buizel's gender difference without it being pointed out?
Not to mention, most gender differences were established in the pixel era. It's a lot easier to justify peppering a couple dozen Pokemon with gender differences when it's near-static pixel art - it's a lot harder when it's on a moving 3d model.
Hence why they suck. In comparison to more notable gender differences like Pikachu's or Hippowdon's, or that Gen 5 pigeon and jellyfish. Adding more notable gender differences would be keen but even if they're subtle and unnoticeable its at least better than nothing I guess, but having actual and notable gender dimorphism over simple recolors would be the best way to go about it, but GF won't bother to put the time or effort into that much like with a lot of things.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of whatever the fuck this is
View attachment 1480895
Looks like a type of comb jelly, the rainbow-reflecting lines characterizing of comb jellies are present (which are called cilia, hairlike structures used for locomotion). Though is it just me or did the poor thing get blown to pieces at the end there?

Be patient I have lurkism

Please
kiwifarms.net
Looks like a type of comb jelly, the rainbow-reflecting lines characterizing of comb jellies are present (which are called cilia, hairlike structures used for locomotion). Though is it just me or did the poor thing get blown to pieces at the end there?
I don't remember when but got this from a /vp/ meme thread where someone posted a ton of creepy sea creatures. I have no clue what happened to it at the end either and I'm curious now

• Feels
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
For the first time since I believe my initial encounter with Cynthia in Platinum, I lost to a Champion because M-Metagross is just stupidly broken and an underleveled mono-grass team couldn't do anything to it without dying in one hit every time. It took Stockpiling to the maximum level with Cradily to survive and get off one Bulldoze to slow it down to where the rest could whittle it down.

Going through Hoenn again though, man. It's made me remember how much exploration has been lost as a concept with recent gens. Sea Mauville, New Mauville, Shoal Cave, most of Meteor Falls, hell even entire routes and towns like Pacifidlog and the routes west of it with the rapids, all of them and more are completely optional. Along with some really weird shit that I didn't remember like a guy getting evicted from his apartment in Mauville City (ain't that topical) and old letters in Sea Mauville from a little boy slowly revealing a failing marriage due to the father's constant absence.

And on top of that you revisit many areas several times as you progress so they have more lasting memories and significance as opposed to going to one area once and never having a reason to revisit. And this is the remake where some places like New Mauville were gutted mind you.

Then you look at today and it's the same narrow hallways everywhere railroading you to do one thing and go one direction with no agency as to what you want to do. The Wild Area is but an illusion of choice, as it's a wide open plot of land but there's little to do in it but catch mons and do raid dens with no interesting landmarks save for some random ruins (which have no lore to speak of, not even a little descriptive text). Maybe IoA helped this a bit (didn't buy it so I don't know how to compare) but as it stands it's sad to go back and see how much more there was to do and see on much weaker hardware.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't remember when but got this from a /vp/ meme thread where someone posted a ton of creepy sea creatures. I have no clue what happened to it at the end either and I'm curious now
Looks like it got too close to that pipe. Poor thing. I saw a webm ages ago of a similar fate befalling a crab that got too close to one.

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
For the first time since I believe my initial encounter with Cynthia in Platinum, I lost to a Champion because M-Metagross is just stupidly broken and an underleveled mono-grass team couldn't do anything to it without dying in one hit every time. It took Stockpiling to the maximum level with Cradily to survive and get off one Bulldoze to slow it down to where the rest could whittle it down.

Going through Hoenn again though, man. It's made me remember how much exploration has been lost as a concept with recent gens. Sea Mauville, New Mauville, Shoal Cave, most of Meteor Falls, hell even entire routes and towns like Pacifidlog and the routes west of it with the rapids, all of them and more are completely optional. Along with some really weird shit that I didn't remember like a guy getting evicted from his apartment in Mauville City (ain't that topical) and old letters in Sea Mauville from a little boy slowly revealing a failing marriage due to the father's constant absence.

And on top of that you revisit many areas several times as you progress so they have more lasting memories and significance as opposed to going to one area once and never having a reason to revisit. And this is the remake where some places like New Mauville were gutted mind you.
And looking at that, I can safely feel the Sinnoh remakes will be good games. They'll probably gut out the Battle Frontier (with hopefully not another "in development sign" and Maison) and keep the Tower. Maybe we'll fight Palmer or maybe it's an infinite climb, who knows? Remakes put them into a position where they could try and cut corners, but unless it's sensible, it isn't going to swing well.

If anything, I just hope they don't cut the Wi-Fi events. We'll finally have a legit and glitchless way to battle and catch Arceus, rather than the nth Mystery Gift event.

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
Movie.png

Whoo boy, I heard about wish cave. Though I only saw him post a rescue request on twitter once so I'm guessing that all things considered it went pretty well.

So he brings up something I'd already been wondering about, how the game chooses a mega evolution if a pokemon has two of them. The fact that it's apparently random really blows, honestly.

Last edited:

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
And looking at that, I can safely feel the Sinnoh remakes will be good games. They'll probably gut out the Battle Frontier (with hopefully not another "in development sign" and Maison) and keep the Tower. Maybe we'll fight Palmer or maybe it's an infinite climb, who knows? Remakes put them into a position where they could try and cut corners, but unless it's sensible, it isn't going to swing well.

If anything, I just hope they don't cut the Wi-Fi events. We'll finally have a legit and glitchless way to battle and catch Arceus, rather than the nth Mystery Gift event.
ORAS was already divisive for what it cut/added so I can only foresee disappointment with the Sinnoh remakes. Assuming ORAS is a good template to predict what they'd be like on top of the bullshit SWSH has done to the franchise, it could be assumed that:

The Underground will be simplified
The following mechanic will likely once again be relegated to Amity Square only (especially with how sloppily it was implemented into IoA already)
Trainer customization is in the air (though LG had it so it's probably safe)
EXP Share is mandatory
Battle Frontier is all but gone save for generic Battle Points Grinding Simulator
None of the cool shit that Platinum gave us will be present such as the Distortion World since they will be Diamond/Pearl remakes
Proper mythical events are gone
Clunky shoehorned excuse to have Dynagigawhateverthefuckmaxing in Sinnoh

And then there are other nebulous decisions like if the national dex that we'll have by the time of CT will be "reset" in the remakes (aka most non-DP native mons are once again deleted from existence), what becomes of currently still deleted moves (wtf is going to happen with Unown with no Hidden Power?) and so on.

Granted, there will be positives from the originals such as infinite TMs (somewhat, thanks to the TR bullshit), not being on a slow as fuck engine and not having to deal with a mountain of HMs. Maybe a proper post-game Arceus event if we're lucky. But beyond that, no, I don't have high hopes that Sinnoh will be done justice under the current utter mess that GF has become.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net

Then you look at today and it's the same narrow hallways everywhere railroading you to do one thing and go one direction with no agency as to what you want to do. The Wild Area is but an illusion of choice, as it's a wide open plot of land but there's little to do in it but catch mons and do raid dens with no interesting landmarks save for some random ruins (which have no lore to speak of, not even a little descriptive text). Maybe IoA helped this a bit (didn't buy it so I don't know how to compare) but as it stands it's sad to go back and see how much more there was to do and see on much weaker hardware.
I played Shield and I felt the world was small and barren for a pokemon game. The Wild Area is pretty cool but the other areas seem lacking and doesn't feel like a journey like the other Pokemon games. Maybe I am just old and the experience of a pokemon game is worn off.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
No need. They've already established that gens 1-5 and 6 & onward take place in different realites/timelines.
Except this time they've written themselves into an awkward corner. With megas it was at least this general "superweapon did stuff and stones happened" or whatever that could be carried around to other regions (theoretically the same with Z Crystals had they not chosen to axe all previous battle gimmicks). With the DynaGiga thing it's specifically from Eternatus' aura juice stuff and it can only happen if you're in a region where it's residing and therefore permeating its aura throughout.

So either there's just another Eternatus inexplicably in Sinnoh or they give the properties to a new or pre-existing mon. Or, you know, they simply go "Fuck it" and have the gimmick there for no explanation whatsoever, would be par for the course at this point.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
So either there's just another Eternatus inexplicably in Sinnoh or they give the properties to a new or pre-existing mon. Or, you know, they simply go "Fuck it" and have the gimmick there for no explanation whatsoever, would be par for the course at this point.
Or introduce a new gimmick entirely.

Tags
None