Pokemon Griefing Thread - "Big Project" being a Pokemon MOBA game with Tencent. Do you guys not have phones? #ThankYouGameFreak

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today, I discovered that using Focus Energy before dynamaxing seemingly makes all three of your max moves critical hits. I also discovered this on my Sniper Inteleon set.

:stickup:
Dynamaxing does not increase crit chance, but crit chance was buffed a few gens back to where Focus Energy + Super Luck or Scope Lens = 100% Crit Rate, which is also why Crit damage was lowered from x2 Damage to x1.5 Damage. Without Scope Lens it's still like a 50% chance so it isn't unheard of for all three Dynamax hits to Crit.

The best user of Focus Energy + Scope Lens + Sniper has got be to be Kingdra, though. Due to how crits work they ignore stat drops on the user so it can spam Draco Meteor without damage decreasing each turn.

• Informative
Reactions: BlazikenLover

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Dynamaxing does not increase crit chance, but crit chance was buffed a few gens back to where Focus Energy + Super Luck or Scope Lens = 100% Crit Rate, which is also why Crit damage was lowered from x2 Damage to x1.5 Damage. Without Scope Lens it's still like a 50% chance so it isn't unheard of for all three Dynamax hits to Crit.

The best user of Focus Energy + Scope Lens + Sniper has got be to be Kingdra, though. Due to how crits work they ignore stat drops on the user so it can spam Draco Meteor without damage decreasing each turn.
Yeah, I remember that; I occasionally used a Scope Lens Sniper Kingdra set in gen VII. I just found it unusual that I did this (with no held item), then replicated it two times afterwards, hence my "seemingly" statement. I couldn't find anything online either. It's certainly possible that I just got insanely lucky with the RNG.

Reactions: CrippleThreat

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be honest guys, for a new campaign, its doable for entertainment for me. Whatever floats your boat you know. The scenery is eye candy, the Pokemon are everywhere (I havent noticed "Dexit" yet), and I'm looking forward to being apart of what seems to be the first official Season of the Galar Regional Championship League.

It's a nice step up from Alola, which was all about establishing one in the first place.

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Double post but no one has posted since two days ago and I need help.

So I got the Water Badge at Hulbury, but now I am looking around the map and currently lingering around Motostoke.

Where do I go now?

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Decided to play some multi-battles. Other than it taking forever to connect, since four players increases the likelihood that someone will D/C, things are going pretty well. I usually get paired with some complete dumbass, but almost no one carries Knock Off or special Dark/Ghost moves, so Corsola is able to wall almost everything.

So I got the Water Badge at Hulbury, but now I am looking around the map and currently lingering around Motostoke.

Where do I go now?
IIRC, it tells you where to go when you pause in the little black box at the bottom. You can probably google it otherwise. I vaguely recall going through the second mine, beating Marnie, doing the gym, then heading to Stow-on-Side.

Reactions: TrippinKahlua

Rivalo

kiwifarms.net

Where do I go now?
You're supposed to go to the restaurant in Hulbury to meet with Rose. If you did that, you're supposed to go through the tunnel to the right.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
To be honest guys, for a new campaign, its doable for entertainment for me. Whatever floats your boat you know. The scenery is eye candy, the Pokemon are everywhere (I havent noticed "Dexit" yet), and I'm looking forward to being apart of what seems to be the first official Season of the Galar Regional Championship League.

It's a nice step up from Alola, which was all about establishing one in the first place.
Dexit really only stings
1: If you wanted to bring your whole team from early on.
2: You want to import your whole team and stuff into SwSh.

It's generally not a big deal until endgame, the inbuilt dex is plenty diverse enough.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
My creative juices have been buzzin' for what type of mon I'd like most in the future. With G-Zapdos I've all but given up on my dream of a terror bird anytime soon, so instead I'll go with something else.

I'd like to see a Mongolian Death Worm Pokemon. We need a solid Bug/Ground type (all we have now is Nincada and one of the Wormadam forms) and such a cryptid would be a perfect fit. And it can have a cute earthworm pre-evo, why not.

Indeed, the groundwork (pardon the pun) was already laid years ago with the beta Gyrados of horrors.
1596596006497.png

Just modify the design to make it more its own thing, maybe add a pair of dot eyes (mostly for the Alaskan Bull Worm memes) and you're good to go.

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
So, even in the new game, you lose all your cash and stuff? Damn, I thought GF would be more hand-holdy in the remake cos kids be dumb.
He was reading old reviews of the original, but as far as I know the remake still kept that and it's arguably harder than the original. Rayquaza, kyogre and groudon now mega evolve/primal revert when you rematch them, the neutral A attack was outright removed for the player so you always have to spend PP, and if an enemy knocks you or a team member out it gets stronger. Though I suppose the rare qualities may balance that out.

Speaking of mystery dungeon, I've been recruiting entei and friends in Super and in Suicune's dungeon I used skill link Cloyster for the first time. Good god that's some delicious cheese. Even though spike cannon and Icicle spear miss all the time it's still deadly.

• Informative
Reactions: rotollo

Kuchipatchi

FRIENDSHIP
kiwifarms.net
He was reading old reviews of the original, but as far as I know the remake still kept that and it's arguably harder than the original.
Ooo! I would like a harder version of the game but I can't get on with the controls of the remake and I'd rather save up for a PS5 to just impulse buy it. If I ever got it as a gift, I'd play it.
Maybe I should just stick with trying to complete Wish Cave, I've been preoccupied with trying to recruit Rayquaza to unlock the last Friend Area I need.
I haven't played the OG game in forever, reading this thread makes me want to play it again.

Toma

♦Cage Enthusiast♦
kiwifarms.net
With the second part of the expansion coming out this fall, think they'll try to improve the Y-comm features?
Gamefreak isn't fixing anything that's already in the game. The DLC is just that, extra downloadable content i.e. a new area for you to explore. Why should they care to fix anything already in the game? They're just a small indie company :heart-empty: .

Tags
None