Pokemon Lolcows -

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dr. Cuddlebug said:
lolcows seem to migrate to Pokemon for some weird reason. Not all of them autistic even.

It's sorta like how autistics love Sonic. Go to any furry site and you'll see a predominant amount of Lucario fursonas.
Don't forget about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. That show has brought crazed bronies who will defend their OC's/clop-stuff/fan-fic/whatever while also complaining about being persecuted (despite the fact that they act obnoxious) and Hasbro ruining the show by making Twilight into an alicorn princess or releasing a toy based on one of the ponies only with the wrong color.

Pine Tar

Disrespecting skeletons
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember seeing something on /cwc/ a couple years back about this Asian neckbeard who was sort of like bubblesishot except replace Georgia with Dawn. He apparently got kicked from Serebii Forums for a long time for making a thread on which Pokémon characters had the cutest feet. It's been awhile, so I can't remember, but people who combine fetishes and media aimed for children give me the creeps. See JustinRPG, Pamperchu, Sonmanic and a bunch of other people.

impossibility

Glade Plug Ins
kiwifarms.net
Pine Tar said:
I remember seeing something on /cwc/ a couple years back about this Asian neckbeard who was sort of like bubblesishot except replace Georgia with Dawn. He apparently got kicked from Serebii Forums for a long time for making a thread on which Pokémon characters had the cutest feet. It's been awhile, so I can't remember, but people who combine fetishes and media aimed for children give me the creeps.

Sounds like an average thread on /vp/.

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The shipping wars in Pokemon are quite even more exceptional compared with other fandoms.

Since I'm getting back to Digimon for a while for some nostalgia, I wonder why there aren't much Digimon lolcows compared with Pokemon lolcows.

Or perhaps I'm missing a lot.

AtroposHeart

KAWAII WEEABOO PRINCESSU
kiwifarms.net
Alan Pardew said:
The shipping wars in Pokemon are quite even more exceptional compared with other fandoms.

Since I'm getting back to Digimon for a while for some nostalgia, I wonder why there aren't much Digimon lolcows compared with Pokemon lolcows.

I really haven't seen much Digimon lolcows. I think it is because when you compare the animes of the two, the digimon anime is far better written and more complex. I remember crying when I was about six years old over digimon, but Pokemon never made me cry. The maturity of the Digimon anime probably brought more mature fans and some of the series deal with rather serious topics.

Many digimon fans have never played the games, just watched the anime so you don't get that kiddy feel that the pokemon games can have. I still love Pokemon, but Digimon likely just attracted a more mature demographic.

Stuff and Things

Bloodsucker
kiwifarms.net
AtroposHeart said:
Alan Pardew said:

I really haven't seen much Digimon lolcows. I think it is because when you compare the animes of the two, the digimon anime is far better written and more complex. I remember crying when I was about six years old over digimon, but Pokemon never made me cry. The maturity of the Digimon anime probably brought more mature fans and some of the series deal with rather serious topics.

Many digimon fans have never played the games, just watched the anime so you don't get that kiddy feel that the pokemon games can have. I still love Pokemon, but Digimon likely just attracted a more mature demographic.
Both the pokemon anime and the digimon anime are good,the annoying thing is that most of the pokemon fanbase is just people that only complain about everything new that pokemon releases... new pokemon videogame? complain, new season for the pokemon anime? complain, they say that pokemon is becoming a ripoff of digimon... and the digimon fanbase is just the same, they say that digimon now sucks, that digimon is now a ripoff of pokemon, and that pokemon is now better... yep...

Himawari

Nigga that's kawaii
kiwifarms.net
I staff at a certain Pokemon fansite, and I've seen more than my fair share of minor/potential lolcows (and shuddercows) while trying to keep the site safe and sane. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I'm at liberty to discuss the specifics of many of them, but as vaguely as possible, from the top of my head... there's the guy who would friend all the female members of the site and virtually hug/kiss them, engage them in borderline sexually harrassing activities, including a ten-year-old girl; the guy who insisted that Gary/Blue's hair was orange, not brown, and went into a rage when everyone else disagreed; all the people who ever make a huge deal over properly identifying characters' hair or eye colors, for that matter; the Japanese guy who went into an absolute rage because some young child on our site decided that "Jap" would be the logical abbreviation for the word "Japanese" while unaware of the historically negative connotations, and I was forced to be the one to deal with the guy because I was the only staff member who could speak Japanese; the guy who went on a tirade insisting that Lugia was a water-type and went ballistic when we tried to tell him he was wrong and threatened to crash a plane into the website (????)...

There have also been several kids who have been banned for being absolute twats, and then a day or so later their parents would email us demanding to know why their perfect unique snowflake child was banned and insisting that we undo the ban. (I think I've only seen one instance when a parent actually accepts the reasoning for the ban after we respond and explain what happened to them, and promise that they will talk to their child to make sure they understand what they did was wrong. All the other parents refuse to accept that their child is anything less than perfect.)

And then there are groups like shippers (Advanceshippers seem to be the most lolcow-worthy, somehow) and SOVA (Save Our Voice Actors, some of whom are still convinced that they can bring the original 4Kids voice actors back to their roles that have mostly been cycled out of the regular lineup).

And of course Serebii and WaterPokemonMaster.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Himawari said:
And then there are groups like shippers (Advanceshippers seem to be the most lolcow-worthy, somehow) and SOVA (Save Our Voice Actors, some of whom are still convinced that they can bring the original 4Kids voice actors back to their roles that have mostly been cycled out of the regular lineup)
I thought that SOVA gave up years ago?

Reactions: Anonimo

Himawari

Nigga that's kawaii
kiwifarms.net
A lot of the more "sane" SOVA members did give up years ago, but last I heard there is still a small faction of SOVA (which the old SOVA members want nothing to do with and frankly are embarrassed about) that persists in their mission.

Though admittedly "last I heard" was quite a while ago, now that I think about it, so perhaps they've finally given up as well.

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nope, they're still around. Just look on Facebook; they're still updating.

Why do they want the old voices so bad, though?

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
Alan Pardew said:

I think it might have something to do with the fact that they aired Pokemon episodes as soon as they're available. For some time, I didn't even know they made more Digimon episodes after Season 3.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino