Pokemon Lolcows -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

bot_for_hire

kiwifarms.net

Man arrested for forging prized popsicle sticks to win Pokemon cards

SAITAMA - A man was arrested Wednesday in eastern Japan near Tokyo for allegedly forging and sending out dozens of special popsicle sticks to an ice cream manufacturer so they could be redeemed for popular Pokemon cards by the company.

Takashi Ono, 43, is suspected of attempting fraud after he sent 25 fake popsicle sticks in November last year to confectioners Akagi Nyugyo Co in Saitama Prefecture, according to local police.

The company ran a competition between June and July last year in which people could send in rare "lucky" sticks from its popular popsicle brand "Garigarikun" in exchange for Pokemon game cards created for the event.

The limited sticks were engraved with the words "You win a Gari-Pokemon card," which could only be seen after consuming the ice cream.
Akagi Nyugyo contacted the police after receiving multiple "lucky" popsicle sticks from what was believed to be one person, local police said.
The ice cream manufacturer has warned consumers of the possibility that "fake lucky popsicle sticks are being sold" online.

Archeops

Trying to find the meaning of Life, no luck so far
kiwifarms.net
Considering the prices some Pokemon TCG cards are going for now (thanks in part due to influencers making Pokemon TCG videos last year) I can't really say I'm that surprised by this, it's extremely difficult to find any sort of sealed product now due to scalpers buying up stock with bots.

That said, the promos this company's giving are... well...
EYiIrn7X0AAExiX.png
Yeah, I don't think this one'll go for much outside of Japan. Another promo they're giving away might since it's actually a proper Pokemon card. That said there's no real difference between this one and he regular version found in booster packs.
garigarikun_21.jpg ZarudeVVividVoltage22.jpg
Whoever that guy was he certainly deserves the lolcow title.

A Random

Lappy's on the case, partner!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here for an update on Ryu Taylor, Dub Lover. It's not much, but to be fair, I got bored from looking at his crap before and it was just chance that made me check on him again.

1618801737775.png

Oh look. Something happened to make him hide, yet accidentally leave a possible dox. I'm keeping it like this due to the new rules, but as it is, it seems like he's gone into hiding... and the same has happened to his Japanese account.

He has not, however, stopped replying in the account; it's just that all tweets are protected. Meanwhile, he started over on a second Japanese account, @VioletFerretJP.

Now, the big thing is that, out of curiosity, I decided to look up the name "Richter Taylor" online. Just out of curiosity, to see if he was one of those guys among a crowd or a rare case. The real finding is that I can't actually find the name Richter Taylor anywhere, normally - but I CAN find the name "Taylor Richter" online aplenty. Considering his normal treatment of Japanese people, it kind of amuses me if he is actually writing his name backwards, or if this is actually just a reference to Richter Belmont instead.

Anyway, this is all I have to bring up right now.

EDITED TO ADD: apparently, he got so bitter over otakus and being told that subs aren't shit [and also being trolled by people who would flame him for liking dubs] that he's swore off all forms of Japanese animation other than Pokémon, which he watches unsubbed AND dubbed.

Dude was already a dumbfuck, this just makes his tastes questionably worse. He hates Japanese Meowth, hates the Japanese soundtrack, and so on - why does he torture himself like this? To prove a point? To validate his point of view? To feel like he's winning and superior when compared to those filthy sub fans/dub haters? I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Snom Clubber

Let's go clubbing!
kiwifarms.net
PL appeared on /vp/ again just now and was promptly banned, it looks like.
white light.png

Attachments

• 1623345500675.jpg
    1623345500675.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 1623345564906.png
    1623345564906.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 1623346291608.jpg
    1623346291608.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 1623346643863.jpg
    1623346643863.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 68

Lapis Lazuli

Objectively Best Gem
kiwifarms.net
ShockSlayer (the creator of Pokémon Crystal Clear) seems like a lolcow with his massive ego and hypocrisy in regards to code (stealing code from open source ROMhacks but leaving Crystal Clear closed source); is there enough content for a thread?
We'd need more information before we can consider opening up a thread for him. Do you have screencaps or testimonials of this behavior?

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
We'd need more information before we can consider opening up a thread for him. Do you have screencaps or testimonials of this behavior?
I know what you’re thinking, Reddit is a shit source and I need some proper evidence from the Crystal Clear Discord. Unfortunately, it seems like the Discord itself is more or less inactive and I can’t see any examples of jannies sperging out. I’ll see if I can find any actual content if I commit to starting a thread.

Blizzrobe

Fiona got molested by her Japanese teacher.
kiwifarms.net
ShockSlayer (the creator of Pokémon Crystal Clear) seems like a lolcow with his massive ego and hypocrisy in regards to code (stealing code from open source ROMhacks but leaving Crystal Clear closed source); is there enough content for a thread?
Is that the open world Crystal game where 75% of the NPCs were made shades of brown in an update patch?

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
Is that the open world Crystal game where 75% of the NPCs were made shades of brown in an update patch?
Yes.
Anyway, I'd like to discuss a Discord gay op that's been happening recently on /vp/. Basically, there's a group of faggot raiders bashing Gen 5 at every possible opportunity as well as making other stupid bait arguments like how apparently "Platinum is an edgy ROM hack that ruined Masuda's creative vision of Sinnoh." Of course, the tranny jannies are barely doing anything to stop the flame wars.
Edit: found the faggot headquarters

Last edited: