Pokémon (Not-So) Griefing Thread - Gen 9 announced: Scarlet and Violet, Releasing Late 2022

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
Hell, Pokemon Stadium 3d Models had more personality than the current 3D models do, and those games were made by a third party (HAL)

In fact, i'd even say POKKEN gave the mons more personality than the official games.
A fighting game giving the individual mons more personality isn't a surprise. Neither is Snap. A surprise would be a game like Conquest (which it kinda did with the perfect link system) or non-story relevant mons in the Mystery Dungeon games.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In fact, i'd even say POKKEN gave the mons more personality than the official games.
Well yeah, until you realize Mewtwo looks like he's been bathing in body oil and then you question everything.
Pokkén_Mewtwo.png

My God, you're greasy.

(I like how Darkrai looks, though. Dark purples are great on him.)

Nauseated Courgi

Bulldogs are cool dogs, guys!
kiwifarms.net
Well since we are all discussing our hopes for things that will never happen, I hope they make a game with all the regions and all the pokemon.

Are there any romhacks that do this?
The one rom clostest to that that I know of is cloud white. Even comes in two parts.

Honestly, is anyone genuinely hoping for something like that to happen at this point? Ignoring Game Freak's flaws, that is way too large of a scale to be accomplished now.

At best, I could see us being able to travel between 2 or 3 different regions like they kinda did for generation 1 and 2.

Mike Stoklasa

v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The one rom clostest to that that I know of is cloud white. Even comes in two parts.

Honestly, is anyone genuinely hoping for something like that to happen at this point? Ignoring Game Freak's flaws, that is way too large of a scale to be accomplished now.

At best, I could see us being able to travel between 2 or 3 different regions like they kinda did for generation 1 and 2.
I mean I would like the all-encompassing Pokemon game with three or four or all regions and every pokemon and I want it in a style of a HD GBA game. I'm not asking for ray tracing open world here.

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
I mean I would like the all-encompassing Pokemon game with three or four or all regions and every pokemon and I want it in a style of a HD GBA game. I'm not asking for ray tracing open world here.
It would have to be a big sendoff project, and I'm not sure if GF has the guile to pull it off.

I could see it happening in three fashions:
1. Typical Pokémon game; new region that serves as the hub, and you play and fuck around there until you beat the champion and post-game is region exploration.

2. You pick a starter region and play through it like a regular game. Then, region exploration post.

3. (My expectation): GF takes the laziest route possible: All regions are available to play in, but only one region. GF hypes it up as a big "Your Region v. Other Region" deal. Throw it some notable trainer cameos, and voila!

Also, JFC. The Pokémon World is huge. We have eight regions, and I feel we've barely explored half of them. And canon or non-canon, take into consideration regions such as Fiore, Almia, Oblivia, Orre, and whatever I'm missing, there's so much surface to scratch, the itch is unbearable.

Last edited:

Sundae

Clown Mutt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hell, Pokemon Stadium 3d Models had more personality than the current 3D models do, and those games were made by a third party (HAL)

On that note, I hope we get a Pokken 2 at some point. Seems like a missed opportunity that there isn't already a sequel.

If they do manage to make another legends game, I really want it to be Kanto.

Legends: Lugia
A Legends: Necrozma would be neat. Mantine surfing around the open waters of Alola (imagine riding a Wailord in an open area setting).

Or a Legends: Zygarde, and have it be set during the Kalos War.

Or how about a Legends style game where you control a young Giovanni, showing how he built up Team Rocket.

Questionable Ceviche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Supposedly there's a "Legend" difficulty that was leaked from PLA.

View attachment 2878129

The twitter user and comments are rightfully skeptical, but that's pretty big if true.
Even with all of my reservations, I would buy the shit out of this game if the actually had difficulty settings that removed the hand-holding beginner tutorial stuff.

Probably fake and gay, though.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or a Legends: Zygarde, and have it be set during the Kalos War.
They did Zygarde so dirty that expanding it in a Legends sequel/spin-off is the best choice of option at this point.

Or how about a Legends style game where you control a young Giovanni, showing how he built up Team Rocket.
For the love of God, yes, please.

Coelacanth

Your local living [[BIG SHOT!!!!!]]
kiwifarms.net
God I'd love to have an official game that has you be the evil team rather than a braindead 10 year old kid who is destined to save the world and become champion effortlessly. You could start out as just petty crooks and eventually become the force that takes control of a legendary depending on how you play. It could be great if handled well.

zyclonPD

Tzyaklonir Pyandr Drovalski, Lord of Amerkhanate
kiwifarms.net
Last time on Glitchomon Z...

We left our entripid adventurers on the threshold of defeat. ILCA put out a 1.1.3 update that included no functional updates other than removing item duping and Pokemon cloning in Brilliant Menu Glitch and Shining Menu Glitch. Our brave adventurers have achieved it once again.
1641948909554.png

A new way to access the glitch has been discovered and demonstrated. Will ILCA go out of their way to fix this more insanely hard version of the glitch once again or will they actually finish coding the GWS for online trading and cross generation trading that is still missing 2 months after launch? Tune in next time

Edit: they just made the process a little easier.

Last edited:

Some Badger

Diggy Diggy Forest Dog
kiwifarms.net
Well since we are all discussing our hopes for things that will never happen, I hope they make a game with all the regions and all the pokemon.

Are there any romhacks that do this?
It wouldn't be a romhack, it would have to be built from scratch with its own assets and programming. A hack made with a GBA game as its source is at the mercy of how much data can be stored on the cartridges, which for Pokemon FireRed, arguably the most popular game to base custom GBA hacks off, is about 5MB. Pokemon Emerald, the second most popular game, is 6.7 MB. With such limited space on the cartridge, most romhack devs opt to just swap out Pokemon in the vanilla games few would miss with Pokemon from later gens instead. The same practice applies for attacks too. As for actual maps, there's no way you're gonna get more than one region to play through on a GBA hack. Game Freak was barely able to fit Kanto in Gold and Silver without the help of Iwata, and parts of it were completely stripped down outright.

The only hack I've seen that managed to add more Pokemon to the base game was Pokemon Prism, but I could be misremembering things.

Mike Stoklasa

v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It wouldn't be a romhack, it would have to be built from scratch with its own assets and programming. A hack made with a GBA game as its source is at the mercy of how much data can be stored on the cartridges, which for Pokemon FireRed, arguably the most popular game to base custom GBA hacks off, is about 5MB. Pokemon Emerald, the second most popular game, is 6.7 MB. With such limited space on the cartridge, most romhack devs opt to just swap out Pokemon in the vanilla games few would miss with Pokemon from later gens instead. The same practice applies for attacks too. As for actual maps, there's no way you're gonna get more than one region to play through on a GBA hack. Game Freak was barely able to fit Kanto in Gold and Silver without the help of Iwata, and parts of it were completely stripped down outright.

The only hack I've seen that managed to add more Pokemon to the base game was Pokemon Prism, but I could be misremembering things.
Make it in RPG Maker then.

Some Badger

Diggy Diggy Forest Dog
kiwifarms.net
Make it in RPG Maker then.
There's a few. Of the ones I've played thus far have been Pokemon Reborn, Pokemon Rejuvination (which is apparently a spinoff of Reborn), and Phoenix Rising. PR's on indefinite hiatus though, which is a shame since it's one of the few fan games to use wholly custom assets.

Mike Stoklasa

v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a few. Of the ones I've played thus far have been Pokemon Reborn, Pokemon Rejuvination (which is apparently a spinoff of Reborn), and Phoenix Rising. PR's on indefinite hiatus though, which is a shame since it's one of the few fan games to use wholly custom assets.
*sigh*

I think Nintendo needs to do to Game Freak and Pokemon what they did to Koei Tecmo and Dynasty Warriors. They have a much better bargaining position in such a situation, too.

Ah what am I saying. Poketards will buy just about anything.