Pokémon (Not-So) Griefing Thread - Gen 9 announced: Scarlet and Violet, Releasing Late 2022

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

WASR96

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I skipped Sw/Sh once they doubled down on not bringing in all the pokemon, and then having the audacity to charge another $30 to bother bringing a few more in. When I play a pokemon game, I like being able to trade eggs over for the mons I want, and having to go "ooh how about I bring alon-oh wait, no I can't, because game freak couldn't be fucked to finish their game" didn't sound like a good time to me. Also skipped BD/SP since that thing needed another 6 months of development time. Gonna try Legends though. The amount of Pokemon available seems like it's going to be small, and the Gen 8 games have not inspired confidence whatsoever, but being able to explore and wild pokemon actually posing a threat to the player interests me. Really hoping they actually put effort into this game, but then again I was just scared their next project would be another cancerous Lets Go game.

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
I'm willing to bet on them never remaking Unova because of the backlash the games got when they first came out - each and every generation after that has been them all but apologizing for Gen 5. About the only thing they've bothered keeping was the infinite TMs, and even with that they've been slowly walking it back with TRs and the breakable tms in BDSP.
What backlash did those games get exactly?

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This could also be the avenue where they go through the arc of finding Mew, taking it to the Pokemon Mansion in Cinnabar Island with the help of Dr Fuji, creating MewTwo, and then the Mansion turning to shit when MewTwo escapes and destroys shit. it could also link with the first Pokemon movie and anime
This was a Pokémon Adventures thing where Team Rocket was involved with the Mewtwo project with Blaine as the head scientist. So I don't see them linking the games to the anime, specifically, but maybe the manga.

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
This was a Pokémon Adventures thing where Team Rocket was involved with the Mewtwo project with Blaine as the head scientist. So I don't see them linking the games to the anime, specifically, but maybe the manga.
The games mentioned the experiments though and the people involved.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The games mentioned the experiments though and the people involved.
I'm saying that if Team Rocket was involved for the Legends story of Mewtwo, they're either going to make it more along the lines of the anime, or like the manga. Team Rocket wasn't stated to have been involved with the cloning in the games, it was Mr. Fuji and Blaine was heavily implied to have also been involved (which the manga concurred).

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People were furious that you couldn’t access any of the older Gen Pokémon until post E4.

Honestly, there’s almost always some form of “the new Pokémon game is the worst one ever because so-and-so”, which lasts up until the new game gets announced when parts of the fandom goes “WTF?! Why did they change that from the last game? That was the best!”

Not to say the games didn’t have issues, but a large part of Pokémon fans can be fickle as fuck.

Last edited:

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
People were furious that you couldn’t access any of the older Gen Pokémon until post E4.
I remember that. Was there any more issues people had?

As it is, locking you out of older mins till post game is a great idea. It allows you to explore the region with new Pokémon as the game intends and allows you to go nuts with whatever you want once you've finished. It's really the only way you can manage having the full dex and also allowing new mons to shine.

Not to say the games didn’t have issues, but a large part of Pokémon fans can be fickle as fuck.
That's why I was asking for issues I'd missed because all the complaining I remember seemed to be about stuff that was actually great design choices. I was very confused why people were so mad.
Wes, the protagonist of Colosseum, was originally intended to be the main antagonist Michael would have to fight in the sequel game, XD: Gale of Darkness.
Why? Why did they change that? That sounds so cool.

Last edited:

Leaf Wage Slave

Need Time Machine to save Harambe
kiwifarms.net
Why are the graphics for Arceus so bad?
Probably because it’s a Switch title - not ragging on the Switch, theres a thread for that, but I’d assume to not murder the battery in handheld mode some sacrifices had to be made.

That or it’s GF not giving a fuck, knowing people will buy it anyway. It’s not like Pokémon is a series known for super detailed graphics anyway.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wes, the protagonist of Colosseum, was originally intended to be the main antagonist Michael would have to fight in the sequel game, XD: Gale of Darkness.
Why? Why did they change that? That sounds so cool.
This has never actually been confirmed. The only source for it comes from Chuggaconroy.

AnotherPleb

kiwifarms.net
I once named a Skarmory "XXXIV BALL" after how many attempts it took.

(this was in the original silver version)
34. Cute. The Articuno I got in Soul Silver ended up being named PP Stalled after the first attempt broke through enough ultra balls to kill itself while paralysed at 1 HP.

Edited to add: That Articuno is level fifty, and in gen 4 that would give the Articuno 65 PP. Paralysis still wasn't nerfed in that game either meaning it wouldn't move half of the time. You bet your ass I'm still salty over that one.
As another poster stated, blocking off all the previous gen pokemon until postgame got all the autists in the fandom super butthurt. There's a reason that the direct sequels made damn sure to hand you an Eevee and Riolu super early, but even then they fucked up bad by not having Pikachu in the game at all. Every game since then has them been apologizing for what they did in gen 5, and as such I wouldn't be shocked if they never remake it.

Last edited:

Coelacanth

Your local living [[BIG SHOT!!!!!]]
kiwifarms.net
Gameplay video just dropped:
Now I'm definitely intrigued - the gameplay looks varied and the apparent lack of handholding while out in the wilderness gives me a little hope. Still annoyed about all your party getting exp and knowing GF they'll probably make it that you still can't turn it off.

Overall the feeling I get from Legends so far makes me think of the older PMD games which is something I welcome with open arms. The models actually look like they're emoting and the implication that Team Galactic's predecessor of all things made Jublife is an interesting plot point. Seriously tempted to use one of those wheels you can find online to decide which starter I'm going for now.

Coelacanth

Your local living [[BIG SHOT!!!!!]]
kiwifarms.net
You know what? Fuck it.

1642099641197.png

Let's do this shit.

EDIT: The wheel has spoken! Oshawott it is!

1642099695756.png

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
As another poster stated, blocking off all the previous gen pokemon until postgame got all the autists in the fandom super butthurt. There's a reason that the direct sequels made damn sure to hand you an Eevee and Riolu super early, but even then they fucked up bad by not having Pikachu in the game at all. Every game since then has them been apologizing for what they did in gen 5, and as such I wouldn't be shocked if they never remake it.
So literally complaining about nothing and something perfectly reasonable.

Somehow I don't think that will stop them from making Remakes. The sooner the better honestly, Kalos and Galor are really the only ones that need remaking because they were blatantly unfinished. Even Galor's DLC did not fix the issues it had.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
so i started playing pokemon uranium and so far its ok. but i have to ask, two hours in and i already found a shiny pokemon and catched it. are shinys just as rare as in the normal games or am i just that lucky?

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
Probably because it’s a Switch title - not ragging on the Switch, theres a thread for that, but I’d assume to not murder the battery in handheld mode some sacrifices had to be made.

That or it’s GF not giving a fuck, knowing people will buy it anyway. It’s not like Pokémon is a series known for super detailed graphics anyway.
That is no excuse.
Arceus graphically is being outclassed by Genshin Impact, BOTW and even Palworld.
I don't want hyper realistic graphics, but it's the small details like dust particles and footsteps in the snow and sand that make the experience immersive and cool.
Even BDSP has it...