Pokémon (Not-So) Griefing Thread - Gen 9 announced: Scarlet and Violet, Releasing Late 2022

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Nauseated Courgi

Bulldogs are cool dogs, guys!
kiwifarms.net
That is no excuse.
Arceus graphically is being outclassed by Genshin Impact, BOTW and even Palworld.
I don't want hyper realistic graphics, but it's the small details like dust particles and footsteps in the snow and sand that make the experience immersive and cool.
Even BDSP has it...
Gameplay should be what sells a game rather than the graphics. It could look nicer but, as along as I'm having fun playing this game, I could care less.

AnotherPleb

kiwifarms.net
So literally complaining about nothing and something perfectly reasonable.

Somehow I don't think that will stop them from making Remakes. The sooner the better honestly, Kalos and Galor are really the only ones that need remaking because they were blatantly unfinished. Even Galor's DLC did not fix the issues it had.
Kalos didn't have anything besides X and Y, so they're even worse off.

Disc

Mouth's feeling a little dry.
kiwifarms.net
so i started playing pokemon uranium and so far its ok. but i have to ask, two hours in and i already found a shiny pokemon and catched it. are shinys just as rare as in the normal games or am i just that lucky?
Most fangames significantly boost shiny rates so that you can see all the shiny designs they made. Would be a waste of time if the 1000 people who will play it never caught your geodude redesigned to look like a steven universe character.

As another poster stated, blocking off all the previous gen pokemon until postgame got all the autists in the fandom super butthurt. There's a reason that the direct sequels made damn sure to hand you an Eevee and Riolu super early, but even then they fucked up bad by not having Pikachu in the game at all. Every game since then has them been apologizing for what they did in gen 5, and as such I wouldn't be shocked if they never remake it.
I'll add on that several of the ongoing fan bugbites - most notably the removal of the Battle Frontier - started in B/W. The new features were mostly hardly utilised, superficial, and/or cumbersome, and to be honest, a lot of the pixel rescaling made the game look butt-fugly.

I'm always kinda stunned by the calls that Gen 5 was the last good gen, as in a lot of ways, it started many of the problems.

Last edited:

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They’ve been removing features all the way since gen 3. Even gen 2 got rid of the safari zone. I feel gen 5 gets way too much nit picking and heavy scrutiny. You can’t even say you enjoy gen 5 or consider it the peak of Pokemon anymore without someone freaking out and accusing you of acting like a genwunner. Or newer fans accusing you of hating the 3D games even if you never said such a thing,

Last edited:

Mike Stoklasa

v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They’ve been removing features all the way since gen 3. Even gen 2 got rid of the safari zone. I feel gen 5 gets way too much nit picking and heavy scrutiny. You can’t even say you enjoy gen 5 or consider it the peak of Pokemon anymore without someone freaking out and accusing you of acting like a genwunner. Or newer fans accusing you of hating the 3D games even if you never said such a thing,
And at the end of the day, first gen is really all you need. Everything after is a cluttered mess of mediocrity.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
Most fangames significantly boost shiny rates so that you can see all the shiny designs they made. Would be a waste of time if the 1000 people who will play it never caught your geodude redesigned to look like a steven universe character.
I'm pretty sure that's only the case with Reborn and its fangames. If I recall, Uranium has a LoR Gyarados-esque event at some point.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
so i started playing pokemon uranium and so far its ok. but i have to ask, two hours in and i already found a shiny pokemon and catched it. are shinys just as rare as in the normal games or am i just that lucky?
As someone who's sunk way more time into Uranium than they'd like to admit, it does. You're not gonna be running into them all the time, but the chance for them is a lot higher.
If I recall, Uranium has a LoR Gyarados-esque event at some point.
For shinies? Not that I recall unless they added something new to the game.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I have something for this!
2DAAB29A-BB2A-452A-A773-509329791223.jpeg

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
And at the end of the day, first gen is really all you need. Everything after is a cluttered mess of mediocrity.
Get a load of this guy, playing broken, glitchy Kanto instead of the superior FireRed and LeafGreen. That aside...

4th Gen, best gen. Sinnoh supremacists rise up!

Kalos didn't have anything besides X and Y, so they're even worse off.
So, about those locked Power Plant doors? And not having a single one of your Mythical Pokémon available to obtain throughout the whole game's life span? And even the curious case of AZ's Floette? It took 3,000 years for him, but don't play us like that!

Fuck, do I even have to bring up Zygarde? At least they gave it Kaiju form... eventually...

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
Gameplay should be what sells a game rather than the graphics. It could look nicer but, as along as I'm having fun playing this game, I could care less.
Graphics matter, otherwise we'd just keep Atari graphics.

Pokemon used to have good graphics relative to their hardware. Yellow and Crystal looked pretty good, Stadium 2 looked good, so did Snap.

Switch ones look like phone games. Lazy.

Safari Zone wasn't a feature, it was an area. And wtf makes gen 5 peak? I don't even remember anything about it.

Gen 2 shits on everything, including gen 1. That level of quality was never even attempted ever again, let alone reached.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net

Pokemon used to have good graphics relative to their hardware. Yellow and Crystal looked pretty good, Stadium 2 looked good, so did Snap.

Safari Zone wasn't a feature, it was an area. And wtf makes gen 5 peak? I don't even remember anything about it.

Gen 2 shits on everything, including gen 1. That level of quality was never even attempted ever again, let alone reached.
Gen 2 was the best until Gen 4 took its throne. Then Gen 5 became the new best.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net

What I'm saying is that the people getting all hung up over the graphics are missing the forest for the trees.

I don't care if PLA looks like a phone game. A game can look as pretty as it wants, but if the gameplay isn't fun then the graphics don't matter.

Questionable Ceviche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What I'm saying is that the people getting all hung up over the graphics are missing the forest for the trees.

I don't care if PLA looks like a phone game. A game can look as pretty as it wants, but if the gameplay isn't fun then the graphics don't matter.
Lazy/amateur graphics in GF games have been a symptom of a larger problem at the studio, namely mismanagement and lack of direction. It shows a lack of polish and care into the most forward-facing feature of the game which is the appearance, how the player perceives the world. They can do better, but they don't. This is a AAA studio working on one of the biggest franchises in the entire world, and this is what they're trying to release?? They have a blank check for development to figure out all the tricks they need to squeeze as much as they can out of the console. Frankly, it comes across as just not really giving a damn. It'll sell anyway, so who cares? Fuck all that extra effort, etc.

Graphics don't need to be super high def or ultra realistic high poly counts in order to be "good". What they do need is solid, consistent art direction and that designers' magic touch of thoughtfulness that comes from giving a damn about what they're doing. To be honest, I think a lot of retro games still look great because of all the diligence that went into creating them.

I'm also in the camp of "graphics don't matter (as much), game play is king". I think that's a fair characterization for smaller studios and independent creators that don't have the experience or resources available for top-shelf graphics and art direction. They're focusing all their attention on a great game play experience. GF isn't really... focusing on anything.

I'm disappointed by how the game looks. I hope the game play is good enough to make up for it. The game play video did look cool. It looks like they added a lot of new mechanics and went in a new direction with the experience. I'm probably going to pick it up on the tiny hope that it is Pokemon: Finally Something Different edition. I'm really, really hoping they didn't terminally fuck it up this time. :optimistic: