Pokémon (Not-So) Griefing Thread - Gen 9 announced: Scarlet and Violet, Releasing Late 2022

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
The only song I liked was the Gym leader music.
Even that looses it's momentum around the 1:40 mark when it just loops the same melody for 50 seconds and then goes to the chanting/crowd part which makes the song worse.

Last time I liked a Pokemon song was the Elite Four in SM/USUM and then before that it was Deoxys' theme in ORAS

The Iconoclast

Hippity Hoppity
kiwifarms.net
As I could not really remember any of the tracks I went back and listened to this OST. Can't put my finger on what it is just something feels not right. It might be that most of what the music goes with I feel is bad so I forget what is otherwise ok. Would explain why I remember Marnie and Hop's theme.

Yes. Especially when the Legendaries are essentially protectors of the realm. Now I am am sad you did not have to get knighted to use the dogs and then get sent off to catch Eternatus.
Yeah, Hop, Marnie, Oleana, and tbh Klara and Peony all had good themes. Rose's theme was alright. I also enjoyed the pokemon league battle theme and the gym leader theme, they got me kinda hyped in what was otherwise a mediocre game.

Edit: Mustard's battle theme was good too. Basically most character's signature battle themes were good. Lol. I did a lot of Battle Tower and the theme battles in Isle of Armor and you can choose music for them, so I was able to listen to them over and over.

Last edited:

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
Last time I liked a Pokemon song was the Elite Four in SM/USUM and then before that it was Deoxys' theme in ORAS
I have a certain fondness for the Ultra Necrozma theme, which at least carries a sense of finality more than "OMG! They turned woofing into an instrument!"

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was revealed today that 2021 was the most successful year for physical Pokemon sales since 2000 in the US. The Only new titles with physical releases last year ere New Pokemon Snap and BDSP, the latter not releasing until November(Yet still ended up the best selling game for Nintendo consoles in 2021), so there was probably also a lot of sales of Sword and Shield and other titles from prior years.

To compare, in when 2000 started Yellow was only a few months old, so most of its early sales were in that year, and in terms of games that released over the course of it, there was the mainline titles Gold and Silver, alongside many spin-offs including the first Stadium, Pokemon TCG for the GBC, both Puzzle League titles for the N64 and GBC respectively, and Hey You Pikachu,

And reminder, this is only PHYSICAL sales, because for some reason Nintendo never posts digital sales for whatever reason(Which also means that Sword and Shield has most likely already surpassed Gold and Silver in sales to reach 2nd place after Red and Blue, if you include digital since with physical alone it was almost ready to surpass it the last time they posted actually sales numbers for those games)

Rotollo 2

Shootmatora
kiwifarms.net
games leaking screens btw boys
it's Time Travel but we knew it would be involved somehow with the poryphone lol
1642547855269.png

1642548613658.png
Don't get why /vp/ is sperging out over this honestly, is it just because it looks like isekai shit (but technically isn't)
1642549054870.png
This leak season is gonna be fun for anons reactions lol
Edit: all NU-leakers should be euthenized
1642553231779.png

Last edited:

Disc

Mouth's feeling a little dry.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2891118
The absloute lengths people will go to not call Legends Arceus and Lets go mainline

I think Arceus isn't mainline, mainly because I measure by mechanics first - if Collosseum and XD aren't, no reason why legends would be. It's certainly not a "reimagination" - it's an entirely different game in story and mechanics.

But then, some of Pokemon's best games are spin-offs (explorers of sky, XD) so I don't actually look at that as a problem. It might even become a new game series itself - and from what I've seen, I think I'd like that.

Let's go I would tend to call somewhere between a remake and a crossover, again due to muh mechanics. I think the whole "reimagining" row is ridiculous there - Let's go fits quite snugly in the remake row so there's no reason not to put it there, and Arceus isn't based on DPPt except in vague location.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Arceus isn't mainline, mainly because I measure by mechanics first - if Collosseum and XD aren't, no reason why legends would be. It's certainly not a "reimagination" - it's an entirely different game in story and mechanics.

It wouldn't be the first time a spin-off of a videogame series had mechanics closer to the series norm than an actual mainline title of that franchise. Legend of Mana for the PS1 was the 4th Mana title ever made, but it was apparently actually the first of many spin-off games because Dawn of Mana for the PS2 was the actual fourth mainline title(It was called Seiken Densetsu 4 in Japan), despite Legend being closer mechanically to the first three games than Dawn was. This is only confirmed further when a recent trailer for a Mana crossover mobile game only showed characters from the four numbered titles an not a single character from any of the games that weren't, including Legend.

Disc

kiwifarms.net
It wouldn't be the first time a spin-off of a videogame series had mechanics closer to the series norm than an actual mainline title of that franchise. Legend of Mana for the PS1 was the 4th Mana title ever made, but it was apparently actually the first of many spin-off games because Dawn of Mana for the PS2 was the actual fourth mainline title(It was called Seiken Densetsu 4 in Japan), despite Legend being closer mechanically to the first three games than Dawn was. This is only confirmed further when a recent trailer for a Mana crossover mobile game only showed characters from the four numbered titles an not a single character from any of the games that weren't, including Legend.
This kinda just points out that what the game devs say is generally taken as fact over anything else. In which case... it would seem that both legends and let's go are currently considered "main series", though that may be subject to change if they spawn unique series in and of themselves.

Rotollo 2

Shootmatora
kiwifarms.net
Apparently someone got the game and they're driving back to their place now to leak it. There was a leaker before this one, but he posted on Facebook about getting the game and didn't turn his Switch's internet off, so the Nintendo lawyers are having their way with him as we speak. We may get leaks soon.
They keep uploading leaks with this ugly fucking watermark
1642567882447.png
Leaker does have good taste, retarded watermark aside
1642568618083.png
It's really cringe and just to get points as the person who "Leaked LA" and gay

Last edited:

Disc

kiwifarms.net
people trying to make sense of the lore are already going to strange and dark places. the isekai beginning has lead to this assumption:

1642600466737.png

Toxinophile

"Kiwi Farms is a safe-for-work website."
kiwifarms.net
h(remove this part from the link)ttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZAoMYnC20yU4OukSG2Gh1OpG914tKIFi

LEAKS OUT.

NEW MONS.

SUPER SPOILERS FOR ALL NEW POKEMON. BEWARE

1642602244681.png1642601862780.png
"new unnamed legendary related to the creation trio (Landorus, Thundurus, & Tornadus)"

1642603686767.png1642602696645.png
"Dialga and Palkia origin forms"
1642601858336.png
"Hisuian Samurott, Decidueye, and Typhlosion" (Decidueye shown may or may not be the shiny form, alt color palette is more red and white )

1642602021233.png
"Hisuian Sneasel and new unnamed evo"

1642601497791.jpg
"Hisuian Lilligant"

pokeicon_l_0101_000_041_n_00000000_fn_n.png
"Hisuian Electrode"

1642603313612.png
"Hisuian Avalugg"

1642603570557.png1642601917112.png
"Hisuian Qwilfish and Unnamed Evolution"

1642603642153.png
"Basculegion alt form"

pokeicon_l_0059_000_041_n_00000000_fn_n.png
"Hisuian Arcanine"

1642603298503.jpg
Hisuian Sliggoo and Goodra

1642601854528.png
"Unnamed Ursaring Evolution or alt form."

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
h(remove this part from the link)ttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZAoMYnC20yU4OukSG2Gh1OpG914tKIFi

LEAKS OUT.

NEW MONS.

View attachment 2900815View attachment 2900818
"new unnamed legendary related to the creation trio (Landorus, Thundurus, & Tornadus)"

View attachment 2900820View attachment 2900821
View attachment 2900782
"Hisuian Samurott, Decidueye, and Typhlosion" (Decidueye shown may or may not be the shiny form, alt color palette is more red and white )

View attachment 2900776

View attachment 2900781
"Hisuian Lilligant"

View attachment 2900789
"Hisuian Electrode"

View attachment 2900790
"Hisuian Avalugg"

View attachment 2900793View attachment 2900796

View attachment 2900792
"Basculegion alt form"

View attachment 2900799
"Hisuian Arcanine"

View attachment 2900801

View attachment 2900811
I did not expect Samurott to come out looking the best here, but there's a first time for everything, I guess.

I'm just confused by Tylphosion's look compared to the others. Please don't tell me that's its default expression.

What the shit

Up and coming whippersnapper
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

LEAKS OUT.

NEW MONS.

View attachment 2900815View attachment 2900818

View attachment 2900820View attachment 2900821
View attachment 2900782

View attachment 2900776

View attachment 2900781
"Hisuian Lilligant"

View attachment 2900789
"Hisuian Electrode"

View attachment 2900790
"Hisuian Avalugg"

View attachment 2900793View attachment 2900796

View attachment 2900792
"Basculegion alt form"

View attachment 2900799
"Hisuian Arcanine"

View attachment 2900801

View attachment 2900811
Those origin forms of Palkia and Dialga, are...
Are quite something that's for sure.