Pokemon (Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Announced) -

Mr. Skeltal

Autistic skeleboner
kiwifarms.net
I have this awful feeling about the fire starter. It's probably going end up being some unholy combination of Braxien and Lopunny. Calling it now.

Wonder if the enemy team will be using pokemon with selfdestruct and knife based attacks.
Pawniard/Bisharp and Voltorb/Electrode on every enemy grunt team. I wonder if they're going to be based on snackbars or chavs though.

Reactions: Cosmug

Coelacanth

Prepping for Fallout: Kiwi Farms Edition!
kiwifarms.net
All right. Pokemon has my attention again but I'm keeping my hopes and expectations low, I was disappointed in 7th Gen because it felt too cheery and watered down when compared to, say, 5th Gen. The starters don't really strike a chord with me either, though I will say that I like the bunny the best - gonna go out on a limb and guess it'll be Fire/Electric considering its speed. Let's just hope it doesn't end up evolving into Lopunny 2.0 (though I doubt that'll stop furries from jacking to it).

One thing I am happy about however is the new region! They actually modeled a lot of the place off of the UK and I can definitely pick out several places that are clearly based off of counties I recognise. The only thing that would make it better is if they add in a pokemon, legendary or not, based off of the Black Shuck!

Pawniard/Bisharp and Voltorb/Electrode on every enemy grunt team. I wonder if they're going to based on snackbars or chavs though.
My money's on either chavs or Brexiteers, their boss being based off of Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson. Wouldn't put it past GF to do that considering that they've censored/pandered to the SJW crowd with LGPE before.

Reactions: Alan Pardew

TrippinKahlua

Seductively secretly sexy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grookey better evolve into a big, muscular ape and not something lanky.

Rabbit-Fire is really the most interesting one to me, but I hope it doesn't evolve into a Fighting type. Could end up being Fire/Ground. Has that type combo been used yet?

And Sopple, someone said it could evolve into a Water/Dragon Loch Ness monster thing. That's a good idea, despite Water/Dragon being used many times in the past.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Wonder if the enemy team will be using pokemon with selfdestruct and knife based attacks.
Heard the names before I saw the trailers and legit got excited at the idea that it might be set in a medieval Pokemon world. You just know that the Pokemon version of the middle ages was fucking insane.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
It's sad to see how every generation people flock to the fire starter, the poor water and grass starters get no love. :( I personally like the look of Sobble and Grookey, I really hope Sobble turns into some bad ass Loch Ness monster.
Personally I go against the grass starters rather than for the fire, but Rowlett broke that pattern hard.

Also controversial opinion I don't think Sinnoh needs a remake. R/S/E still didn't have mechanics worked out fully (move type determined attack stat so all pychic attacks were special attack, all fighting were attack). By gen 4 mechanically the game was fairly worked out, all that's changed besides new Pokemon and moves were hidden abilities. I'd much, much rather have Diamond and Pearl 2 than Luminescent Diamond Lustrous Pearl.

As for this direct. Ok on Water, meh on Fire, dislike the Grass starters. Kinda everything I predicted and didn't want came true, same starter triangle, two versions, return to the gym system. Feels like a step backwards. There wasn't much to this direct. I like the industrial Victorian England city setting, but the country side feels very similar to Kalos.

All in all its still a day one purchase, but I'm no more excited for it from just the knowledge of it's existence.

TheImportantFart

Prison Break Wind
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also controversial opinion I don't think Sinnoh needs a remake. R/S/E still didn't have mechanics worked out fully (move type determined attack stat so all pychic attacks were special attack, all fighting were attack). By gen 4 mechanically the game was fairly worked out, all that's changed besides new Pokemon and moves were hidden abilities. I'd much, much rather have Diamond and Pearl 2 than Luminescent Diamond Lustrous Pearl.
I see where you're coming from, but I'd love to have those two games with current gen graphics. Although I understand that's not enough of a justification for a remake for some people. I'd be happy with sequels to those games too though. Sinnoh's one of my favourite regions, despite the hideous amount of HMs required to navigate it (a remake could definitely fix that since HMs aren't really a thing anymore), so I'd love to be able to explore it again.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino