Pokemon (Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Announced) -

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
The only thing that would make it better is if they add in a pokemon, legendary or not, based off of the Black Shuck!
My bro brought up a good point that we don't have Legendary/Mythical Pokémon based off the concept of omens and luck (just off the top of my head, I don't believe we do), so that would be really cool. Absol's already considered an omen Pokémon in terms of disasters, but more are welcomed.

If this generation has more of a fantasy theme to it (more-so than usual since this is Pokémon we're talking about), that'll be amazing. I'm a sucker for fantasy--maybe we'll get more wyrms even though I think we've got enough Dragons for the time being?

Too bad Plasma already took the medieval knights theme for this gen's villain team. Well, there's always Jack the Ripper, but that'll never happen. :lol:

• Agree
Reactions: Fandom Trash

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I see where you're coming from, but I'd love to have those two games with current gen graphics. Although I understand that's not enough of a justification for a remake for some people. I'd be happy with sequels to those games too though. Sinnoh's one of my favourite regions, despite the hideous amount of HMs required to navigate it (a remake could definitely fix that since HMs aren't really a thing anymore), so I'd love to be able to explore it again.
Sinnoh also had a terrible selection of pre-elite 4 Pokemon. IIRC if you didn't pick Chimchar your only other fire option was Rapidash or Flareon. I think Platinum fixed that a bit, but I played that randomized. I'm not wholely opposed to it getting remade, but I think it's the last one that should be, while the regional sequel idea is fantastic as long as you don't do it with the region you just introduced, and is support any region getting a sequel, minus Black and White 3.

My bro brought up a good point that we don't have Legendary/Mythical Pokémon based off the concept of omens and luck (just off the top of my head, I don't believe we do), so that would be really cool. Absol's already considered an omen Pokémon in terms of disasters, but more are welcomed.

If this generation has more of a fantasy theme to it (more-so than usual since this is Pokémon we're talking about), that'll be amazing. I'm a sucker for fantasy--maybe we'll get more wyrms even though I think we've got enough Dragons for the time being?

Too bad Plasma already took the medieval knights theme for this gen's villain team. Well, there's always Jack the Ripper, but that'll never happen. :lol:
Fairy is established enough that is be ok with Dragon being a bit more common. Maybe not HM Slave route one fodder common, but something you'd find after the first gym.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sinnoh also had a terrible selection of pre-elite 4 Pokemon. IIRC if you didn't pick Chimchar your only other fire option was Rapidash or Flareon. I think Platinum fixed that a bit, but I played that randomized. I'm not wholely opposed to it getting remade, but I think it's the last one that should be, while the regional sequel idea is fantastic as long as you don't do it with the region you just introduced, and is support any region getting a sequel, minus Black and White 3.

Fairy is established enough that is be ok with Dragon being a bit more common. Maybe not HM Slave route one fodder common, but something you'd find after the first gym.
Platinum did add fire types to be more common, yeah.

1911JD

I am so tired of this shit, I swear.
kiwifarms.net
The visuals look pretty great for a Pokemon game. I just hope they actually give us shit to do after you beat the story aside from another battle tower.

And I don't think I should have to say this, but after Sun and Moon and how they excluded the National Dex, I think it's necessary;

GIVE US A COMPLETE GAME YOU LAZY ASSHOLES

• Mad at the Internet
Reactions: Army Burger

Polyboros2

kiwifarms.net
The visuals look pretty great for a Pokemon game. I just hope they actually give us shit to do after you beat the story aside from another battle tower.

And I don't think I should have to say this, but after Sun and Moon and how they excluded the National Dex, I think it's necessary;

GIVE US A COMPLETE GAME YOU LAZY ASSHOLES
They literally couldn't fit all the Pokemon on the card, the rest of the Dex was a DLC through the Pokemon Bank.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN THE NEW YEAR
kiwifarms.net
Personally I go against the grass starters rather than for the fire, but Rowlett broke that pattern hard.

Also controversial opinion I don't think Sinnoh needs a remake. R/S/E still didn't have mechanics worked out fully (move type determined attack stat so all pychic attacks were special attack, all fighting were attack). By gen 4 mechanically the game was fairly worked out, all that's changed besides new Pokemon and moves were hidden abilities. I'd much, much rather have Diamond and Pearl 2 than Luminescent Diamond Lustrous Pearl.
See, I think it still should be simply because it came into being before the online was as efficient as it became it Gen VI, there's a lot of QOL changes since then that help.

Plus you know, I'd love to see what they'd do with the underground.

That's for the winter of 2020 though.

Fandom Trash

Just your typical tumblr trash
kiwifarms.net
Just saw the news, Im excited!
Hopefully there will be new customizations to wear and more new pokemon to catch.

I do hope we get a new type or another eevee evolution.

Now all I need is to buy a switch!

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Their look would’ve been perfect for this region. Maybe we’ll get... Victorian-esque highwaymen instead, or some kind of Robin Hood faction?

Everyone’s sick of Fire/Fighting but I think the fire starter’s gonna turn into a flaming football player. It’s the plaster on its nose, the leg action and the stripes.

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
This is the first time I haven't liked a single starter. Scorbunny is starting to grow on me though. Worried it'll be another Fire/Fighting type though.

I still haven't finished Sun and Moon lads.

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
Their look would’ve been perfect for this region. Maybe we’ll get... Victorian-esque highwaymen instead, or some kind of Robin Hood faction?

Everyone’s sick of Fire/Fighting but I think the fire starter’s gonna turn into a flaming football player. It’s the plaster on its nose, the leg action and the stripes.
I have a feeling it'll be Fire/Fighting because of when hares/jackrabbits stand up on their back legs and punch each other. It'd make sense in that regard, but it wouldn't make it any less stale.

Reactions: BroccoliBrain

Polyboros2

kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling it'll be Fire/Fighting because of when hares/jackrabbits stand up on their back legs and punch each other. It'd make sense in that regard, but it wouldn't make it any less stale.
I think Nintendo got the message with Tepig and it'll be until we're sick of another fire pairing that we get another. I could see it bent Fire/Fairy

nonnewtonian

Keep dancing!
kiwifarms.net
The late 2019 release date has me worried. After the obvious rush job Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were I’d rather Nintendo give these new games more time.

Grookey is adorable. I really hope he evolves into a big gorilla, and not Infernape But Grass Type. Please Arceus don’t let Scorbunny be Fire/Fighting. Sobble’s all right, but I wish we would have gotten a fish or aquatic invertebrate water starter instead of yet another reptile/amphibian. Maybe he’ll grow on me if I see his evolution line.

Medafag

Unironic internet degenerate
kiwifarms.net
Grookey is adorable. I really hope he evolves into a big gorilla, and not Infernape But Grass Type.
I wonder what role that little piece of wood grookey carries around will play in it's evolution line, most likely it will be some kind of weapon, probably its final form will be a gorilla armed with a giant log, a wooden hammer or...

I want to believe :optimistic:

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino