Pokemon (Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Announced) -

nonnewtonian

Send you my love on a wire
kiwifarms.net
The late 2019 release date has me worried. After the obvious rush job Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were I’d rather Nintendo give these new games more time.

Grookey is adorable. I really hope he evolves into a big gorilla, and not Infernape But Grass Type. Please Arceus don’t let Scorbunny be Fire/Fighting. Sobble’s all right, but I wish we would have gotten a fish or aquatic invertebrate water starter instead of yet another reptile/amphibian. Maybe he’ll grow on me if I see his evolution line.

Medafag

Haha
kiwifarms.net
Grookey is adorable. I really hope he evolves into a big gorilla, and not Infernape But Grass Type.
I wonder what role that little piece of wood grookey carries around will play in it's evolution line, most likely it will be some kind of weapon, probably its final form will be a gorilla armed with a giant log, a wooden hammer or...

I want to believe :optimistic:

BroccoliBrain

kiwifarms.net
Galar needs to go heavy on Britbong mythology because "London + generic countryside" will bore me to fucking death. Curious to see what this gen’s fur bait will be and I hope the two canines in the logo aren’t it, or the legendaries of this gen.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My prognostication is that Scorbunny evolves into a genki waifubait pokemon that has fire/fairy typing.

Also here's hoping that they lean into the English theme and replace Gym Badges with Gym Loisence. Also the Team Rocket stand-in should just literally be an "Asian" Rape Gang.

TrippinKahlua

Seductively secretly sexy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what role that little piece of wood grookey carries around will play in it's evolution line, most likely it will be some kind of weapon, probably its final form will be a gorilla armed with a giant log, a wooden hammer or...

I want to believe :optimistic:
It's speculated the stick is based off a cricket bat.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Can you go to prison in this game for teaching your snubbull a move called "gas the Nosepasses"?

After the revitalizing Pokemon SuMo and disappointing Pokemon USUM, I too am looking forward to the prospect of playing Pokemon SS.

Last edited:

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
"Sword & Shield"

Well, it was only an matter of time before GF ran out of colors and minerals...But wait, that was Gen 6.

And didn't they already done the sword & shield motif?

Reactions: Wärring Ornac

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
My prognostication is that Scorbunny evolves into a genki waifubait pokemon that has fire/fairy typing.
It will indeed he very interesting to see what this rabbit looks like, considering the other rabbit Pokemon. Maybe it'll be a jackalope (even if that's more American).

Also here's hoping that they lean into the English theme and replace Gym Badges with Gym Loisence. Also the Team Rocket stand-in should just literally be an "Asian" Rape Gang.
"Muhammad would like to battle!"

nonnewtonian

Send you my love on a wire
kiwifarms.net
If this generation has more of a fantasy theme to it (more-so than usual since this is Pokémon we're talking about), that'll be amazing. I'm a sucker for fantasy--maybe we'll get more wyrms even though I think we've got enough Dragons for the time being?
There are all sorts of fantasy creatures in British Isle folklore that would make for awesome Pokemon. A Water/Ghost Pokemon based on the Kelpie or Bean Nighe, a Grass Type sheep-like Pokemon based on the Vegetable Lamb Of Tartary, maybe a Fairy Type version of Ponyta and Rapidash that leans more into their Unicorn origins if Galaran regional forms are going to be a thing, a regional bird Pokemon based on the Cockatrice or Griffins. So much inspiration to draw from!

It’s kind of a shame we got a lion mascot legendary last gen, because a lion and unicorn would have been the perfect mascot legendaries for a UK based region. Maybe they could be regular version exclusive Pokemon instead?

kidsquid

pretty good, it doesn't seem
kiwifarms.net
They could also borrow from both Welsh and possibly Irish myth and folklore as well. I won't be surprised to see a dragon that's similar to the Welsh Dragon (coincidentally, today is St David's day which is important in Wales).

I wonder if we'll see any Pokémon species that were native to Galar and similar species that were introduced (such as grey squirrels outcompeting and killing red squirrels). I'm looking forward to seeing the new Pokémon regardless of whether or not they borrow from myth and folklore.

TrippinKahlua

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The late 2019 release date has me worried. After the obvious rush job Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were I’d rather Nintendo give these new games more time.
Aren't you used to it?

I'm so glad I wasn't sucked into Pokemon Platinum. Diamond and Pearl's story was absolutely terrible, there was no way I was gonna waste more money on Pokemon. I did hear that Platinum "fixed" D&P's problems, but thats the point. Those problems should have just been fixed in the first place!

Surely they could have come up with a better Evil Team (I was actually rooting for Team Galactic you know) and a much better selection of Fire Pokemon.

Gutpuke

I'm a doctor
kiwifarms.net
There are all sorts of fantasy creatures in British Isle folklore that would make for awesome Pokemon. A Water/Ghost Pokemon based on the Kelpie or Bean Nighe, a Grass Type sheep-like Pokemon based on the Vegetable Lamb Of Tartary, maybe a Fairy Type version of Ponyta and Rapidash that leans more into their Unicorn origins if Galaran regional forms are going to be a thing, a regional bird Pokemon based on the Cockatrice or Griffins. So much inspiration to draw from!

It’s kind of a shame we got a lion mascot legendary last gen, because a lion and unicorn would have been the perfect mascot legendaries for a UK based region. Maybe they could be regular version exclusive Pokemon instead?

Holding my thumbs for a goblin Pokemon.

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
Aren't you used to it?

I'm so glad I wasn't sucked into Pokemon Platinum. Diamond and Pearl's story was absolutely terrible, there was no way I was gonna waste more money on Pokemon. I did hear that Platinum "fixed" D&P's problems, but thats the point. Those problems should have just been fixed in the first place!

Surely they could have come up with a better Evil Team (I was actually rooting for Team Galactic you know) and a much better selection of Fire Pokemon.
A lot of people act like Gen 4 is the shit but I find Diamond and Pearl incredibly boring compared to all the other Gens. Gameplay was just slow and it felt like grinding when I wasn't. The new Pokemon were solid though.

TrippinKahlua

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of people act like Gen 4 is the shit but I find Diamond and Pearl incredibly boring compared to all the other Gens. Gameplay was just slow and it felt like grinding when I wasn't. The new Pokemon were solid though.
Also the male protagonist was the lamest ever.

I liked all the starters (but hated how the anime portrayed Chimchar. What a pathetic baby) and they all had great, badass evolutions. Empoleon was a monster with Flash Cannon STAB.

And the Sinnoh Region wasn't terrible, it was just real hard to solidify a team early on.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino