Dunsparce

Out of Control
Staff Member
Community Admin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Digimon is lame.

What is the latest news if any?
Similar to the contest held prior to Diamond and Pearl's release to name the move that eventually become Draco Meteor in English(Meteor Shower was the winner, the way it's spelled in Japanese contains the characters of the word for "Dragon", I guess Draco Meteor was the best the localization team could come up with), they are now holding one to name a new Steel-type move that is special, 140 power, and does recoil equal to 50% of the user's health.

Wouldn't be surprised if the move's distribution method in Sword And Sheild ends up similar or even identical to that of Draco Meteor, but for Steel types instead

Similar to the 2005 contest, only Japanese can enter, using a postcard found within the issue of Corocoro magazine that announced the event.

Last edited:

TrippinKahlua

CEO - Alexander Edison Prins-Stairs Esquire III
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't believe the lack of news. Sun & Moon always basked in its meat.

I'm actually thinking to get a Pokemon X when I'm in Florida next month. Its high time I give Generation 6 a proper chance.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I can't believe the lack of news. Sun & Moon always basked in its meat.

I'm actually thinking to get a Pokemon X when I'm in Florida next month. Its high time I give Generation 6 a proper chance.
Remembering Sun and Moon we got like two tidbits before E3 gave us the next big info dump. I'd expect something this month.

Coelacanth

Your local shitposting living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
So how optimistic are you guys for the regional Pokedex this time around? The bobblehead starters have me a little worried.
Not very. The pokemon to me were always the real stars of the games - while I'll give 7th Gen credit for giving us some pretty interesting designs with the Ultra Beasts a lot of mons beyond Gen 5 weren't very memorable in my opinion. It felt more like they were trying to appeal to the masses with pokemon that are that typical kawaii/cool, marketable style more than anything else.

Reactions: Sylvie Paula Paula

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not very. The pokemon to me were always the real stars of the games - while I'll give 7th Gen credit for giving us some pretty interesting designs with the Ultra Beasts a lot of mons beyond Gen 5 weren't very memorable in my opinion. It felt more like they were trying to appeal to the masses with pokemon that are that typical kawaii/cool, marketable style more than anything else.
Except Pokemon has always been that way? This is nothing new.

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
I finally find a copy of SoulSilver while trawling the arcade/retro shop during a lunch break, think I’m gonna relive one of the best things from my childhood, and then when I get home I cannot find my 3DS charger anywhere. Life despises me. You’d think it’d be in the drawer with the SNES Classic and the handheld but no.
Also, what is everyone’s favorite gen? Mine is 2 if that wasn’t obvious.

Imnotretardedimjustme

kiwifarms.net
I finally find a copy of SoulSilver while trawling the arcade/retro shop during a lunch break, think I’m gonna relive one of the best things from my childhood, and then when I get home I cannot find my 3DS charger anywhere. Life despises me. You’d think it’d be in the drawer with the SNES Classic and the handheld but no.
in that order

I think sword and shield will be the first game thats actually not liked by fans. If you look how gamefreak wants to design their games with easier and easier difficulty, this one will the most handholdy yet.

Im just kind of shocked by the contrast in nintendo on one hand you have LOZBW which just let you wander almost without pointers and then you have the handholdy experince of modern pokemon.

Ido

Discord Dominatrix
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, they're being super quiet about this game. Like, I know it's still a bit early-ish but they haven't put ANY new pokemon at the end of episodes, there has been no new trailer, no CoroCoro word about anything other than a fan named move to really keep any sort of hype. It's supposed to release in winter (I thought it was originally fall? Oh well) but like, it's already May and not a single thing.

I keep checking because I feel like any day something has to drop, my memory is utter shit but I seem to remember that every month, for the last few gens, new shit got dropped frequently. At least like every month to every other month we at least got some sneak peeks at new pokemon forms.

I wonder if they'll drop it in or after detective pikachu as and after credits preview? But I am a bit curious if they feel they've dropped the ball with keeping it in the same stupid format for 20+ years when BOTW showed what the switch was capable of and they cant just make excuses for system limitations.

Look, if these fuckers gave me a zoo tycoon/viva pinata/Chao garden -esq game with pokemon I'd be the happiest mofo on the planet. No real story, Giovanni and Team Rocket or whatever try to steal pokemon ala professor pester and Ruffians (viva) and you have to get them to fuck off. Literally open world with minimal dialogue, they dont need the world being nearly destroyed by a legendary pokemon for it to be a good game.

They really need to take chances with other things like they did with Colosseum, xd, rangers, and mystery dungeon.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Staff Member
Community Admin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, they're being super quiet about this game. Like, I know it's still a bit early-ish but they haven't put ANY new pokemon at the end of episodes, there has been no new trailer, no CoroCoro word about anything other than a fan named move to really keep any sort of hype. It's supposed to release in winter (I thought it was originally fall? Oh well) but like, it's already May and not a single thing.
This isn't the first time this has happened info-wise, we were just really spoiled by how information was released for the 3DS games, where they revealed the majority of the new Pokemon and content prior to release, in fact there was some backlash from that after the games released since there was barely any new things left for players to discover. For example B2W2 had a similar drought of information previously. Mostly just the titles and little else for a long time.

Last edited:

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Party like it's 1999
kiwifarms.net
Mine is 5 but only bw. Other games, bw2 included, I can't bring myself to play again for some reason or another. But I'm willing to go back to bw time and again. Weird now that I think about it considering none of my favorite design were from gen 5 I think.

• Agree
Reactions: AnotherPleb

KiwiLedian

One annoyed ladybug
kiwifarms.net

I keep checking because I feel like any day something has to drop, my memory is utter shit but I seem to remember that every month, for the last few gens, new shit got dropped frequently. At least like every month to every other month we at least got some sneak peeks at new pokemon forms.
I'm happier they're releasing no information. Part of the adventure pokemon offers is experiencing new and bizzare creatures in a world you know little about. It's an adventure for a reason. Them leaking everything out ruins that "aura" around it. It's not much an adventure when you know what to expect. That may have been why Gen 6 and Gen 7 were bland in a way. We knew what we were getting and knew most of the pokemon that were in the game by the release.

If they withhold all info, only releasing a large dump and no more during E3, then they'd keep up the mystery. Word of mouth and rumors were what helped the original game grow and right now, there's still a lot of buzz around the game; a lot speculation and the like. If it keeps up, with little hints and teasers but no real concrete info, they can keep the buzz and hype going all the way until release.

• Feels
Reactions: Picklechu and Ido

Mangy Mutt

spreading disease
kiwifarms.net
They really need to take chances with other things like they did with Colosseum, xd, rangers, and mystery dungeon.
I'm actually kinda sad at their laziness with the Pokemon themselves. One of my favourite things from Colosseum was the cool and fluid poses for Pokemon both while they're idle and when they're attacking. It really gave them personality (take dancing Ludicolo, or Blaziken's badass back-flipping Blaze Kick). But they're just reusing the awkward lifeless models from the 3DS.

Hopefully after Sword & Shield they'll start to shake things up a bit. Kinda disappointed knowing the main series shift to Switch could've be a whole new start but really is just the same old shit.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Staff Member
Community Admin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I should point out that none of those games Ido listed were made by Gamefreak themselves, with the exception of the fairly new Pokemon Quest they usually let other companies handle spin-offs.

For the most part they only deal with the mainline titles. And for those who might respond "then they need to let other companies handle the main series", that would probably never happen. Gamefreak is not in any way owned by Nintendo(which is why in they occasionally release games for non-Nintendo systems like Tembo the Badass Elephant), the Pokemon games are only for Nintendo systems because the company owns 2/3rds of the copyright(one third to Nintendo themselves, and the other to Creatures Inc.).

Gamefreak pretty much only makes big money with Pokemon, so I doubt they would ever give up their 1/3rd or even let a different company make the mainline titles.

Last edited:

AsbestosFlaygon

All avatar related complaints should go to Tetra.
kiwifarms.net
in that order

I think sword and shield will be the first game thats actually not liked by fans. If you look how gamefreak wants to design their games with easier and easier difficulty, this one will the most handholdy yet.

Im just kind of shocked by the contrast in nintendo on one hand you have LOZBW which just let you wander almost without pointers and then you have the handholdy experince of modern pokemon.
I don't see how this game will be anymore divisive than other games in the series, every generation is loved and hated by someone, the fans aren't going to universally hate Sword & Shield. Fans already have to deal with the games being incredibly handholdy, that's not new, I don't think for most fans it's going to be a deal breaker even if it is slightly more so than previous games.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino