Pokemon Snap remake came out today -

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I still have my Charmander card for printing tiny pictures at a Blockbuster kiosk.

I kind of procrastinated printing them though...
That stupid kiosk was always out of order on the occasion my family would go. Then they got rid of it altogether, it wasn't there very long. The last time I saw it was just a month or two after Pokemon Stadium came out. Considering the kiosk was just a box that housed a N64 with a special cart and printer I wonder if it really was the printer itself, or if some employee made off with the N64 or cartridge.

Anyways, the new game is a ton of fun, it's about time we had a sequel. I wanted one all the way back in the Wii days, but better late than never. At least Professor Mirror doesn't have a fit if I take pictures of Pokebutts because they wouldn't turn around for me.

Tarnished Fraggle

Turns out Doozers explode when you fuck them.
kiwifarms.net
Is the verdict "fun but overpriced"?
Essentially. I got it on release for cheaper than retail price because my partner works in a toy store and so got discount (and the preorder bonus). Here in the UK it’s priced between £40-£50 depending where you go which is about average, but it feels more like a £30 game to me.

Getting to watch a sandshrew interact with a minior in the desert at night was absolutely adorable though and the enjoyment I’ve had so far almost makes the cost worth it. Almost.

Jeff Boomhauer

Yo.
kiwifarms.net
https://nintendosoup.com/heres-all-pokemon-currently-available-in-new-pokemon-snap/

I saw the list of Pokemon that are in it. I'm very thankful they didn't just overload it with Gen. 1 pandering (though Gen. 1 has the most) or shoe-horn a bunch of Gen. 8 Pokemon in it (in fact, Gen. 8 has very few in).

There's also a surprising lack of certain popular Pokemon, like Lucario, Sceptile, Greninja, etc, which I'm not necessarily complaining about.

Chin of Campbell

Un-chinny Valley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finished the story, played along with a bunch of friends (streaming it for them) and we all had a blast. The fact that there's a postgame at all is pretty cool, but it's not much. Grinding research levels is a rough grind, especially on the boss levels where you basically have to be perfect to max them out, but that's my only real complaint. I think this is honestly about as good as a Pokemon Snap 2 could have realistically been.

Jimothy

kiwifarms.net
Been enjoying the game. One of the things I always wanted out of Pokemon was seeing the creatures behave like animals in nature. None of the mainline games do this but Snap really scratches that itch and makes the world feel that much more interesting. I'm also surprised at how much content there is. I was expecting another game that I would steamroll through in less than 3 hours.
On the downside, the human character designs are so fucking garbage. Phil is also probably the worst human character to ever be included in the entire Pokemon franchise.
Some of the game progression doesn't make sense. Throwing Illuma balls at Pokemon doesn't have a consistent effect. You just have to randomly throw them at everything and know what it does (Like making clauncher strong enough to blow up a wall so you can go an alternate path).
Is it just me or is luring Pokemon with fruit way more frustrating in this game than it was in the original?
Those complaints aside, I don't regret blowing my money on this game that I bought purely out of nostalgia.

Local Coyote

Hey man, got any cats?
kiwifarms.net
I'm happy with my purchase. Story mode would take you maybe 6 hours to complete tops if you really just blazed through it as fast as possible and did the bare minimum to unlock each stage. The story is corny but then again Snap really never was going to deliver an epic opus. The real value is in replay. It's a very strange setup where replay is basically what you're buying. Visually it's also very pretty but it's a photography game, it has to be.

If I had to bitch about something, the request system is very vague, half the characters are unnecessary and annoying, and the grading system is a little too critical. But if you need a relaxing failure free time waster and you're a massive nostalgiafag it's not a bad game to pick up.

Chin of Campbell

Un-chinny Valley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The requests are fucking baffling. They're nice for giving you hints on interesting events in stages (holy FUCK these stages are thick with content) but actually figuring out what you need to capture a picture of to complete it is basically impossible for all but the most braindead simple ones.

Not that it matters, all you get is stickers to ruin your photos with.