Pokemon (“We’ve seen your complaints, but we’re not changing so fuck off” - Masuda) -

Anon_Star

kiwifarms.net
Hey. Lurker hey. I want to clear up some misinformation that been circulating here. Probably gonna get called a shill but fuck it.

Td;lr No Pokemon Sun and Moon do not decrypt & encrypt 100 time when generating a Pokémon. The multiple models thing is there increases data locality for faster load times. Also only the prefab the models were copied.

That chinese rip-off that had better animations? They were taken from Pokken tournament.

Also that reddit post? The original article didn't even mention that they had to remake the models from scratch. They said redo which could likely mean they had problems re-texturing. Also the reddit post got deleted after a while.

Last edited:

Teignmouth Electron

A mite slapdash.
kiwifarms.net
Hey. Lurker hey. I want to clear up some misinformation that been circulating here. Probably gonna get called a shill but fuck it.

Td;lr No Pokemon Sun and Moon do not decrypt & encrypt 100 time when generating a Pokémon. The multiple models thing is there increases data locality for faster load times. Also only the prefab the models were copied.

That chinese rip-off that had better animations? They were taken from Pokken tournament.

Also that reddit post? The original article didn't even mention that they had to remake the models from scratch. They said redo which could likely mean they had problems re-texturing. Also the reddit post got deleted after a while.
Thanks for the information, you obvious shill. Also, welcome!

Sandwichu

Fat to the extreme!
kiwifarms.net
I am just writing to vent a bit after discovering that communicaton between my shitty mobile phone and the switch is not supported, meaning that the only reason i got Let's Go (transfering a Melmetal from Go to make a passable pvp team) cannot be accomplished. I am definitely reselling this at my local game store. Thank you Gamefreak, and thank you Niantic. I think i'd rather keep to older games and start doing Nuzlocke runs and monotype runs for fun.

• Feels
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

SwanDive

Skyburner
kiwifarms.net
if you can't win through your own skills and merits, what's the fucking point of entering a contest if you're just going to lie and cheat your way through everything?
Except competitive pokemon has always been about the strategy involved in battle, not ones ability to waste dozens of hours breeding for a competitively viable mon. Functionally, there is absolutely 0 difference in battle between a mon generated through cheating (so long as it is something that can still exist in game) and one that is bred using in game mechanics. If you lost to such a team, you would have lost regardless of whether or not the mons were genned as your opponent was simply able to out strategize you.

This sort of attitude that you need to breed all of your pokemon in game to be a legitimate player is nothing more than gate keeping in my eyes. People would much rather be spending time learning and testing strategies than spending mindless hours grinding just to get a single mon for a single build. It would be like if chess required you to fulfill some overly long, mindless task just so you can have access to a single bishop piece.

If Pokemon Home included a Showdown like mode, where you could generate pokemon (albeit, not transfer them to other games) and test them out in battle against other players, and they started using this for VGC, it would unironically be the best thing to happen to the series.

UntimelyDhelmise

Rusty Recluse
kiwifarms.net
Except competitive pokemon has always been about the strategy involved in battle, not ones ability to waste dozens of hours breeding for a competitively viable mon. Functionally, there is absolutely 0 difference in battle between a mon generated through cheating (so long as it is something that can still exist in game) and one that is bred using in game mechanics. If you lost to such a team, you would have lost regardless of whether or not the mons were genned as your opponent was simply able to out strategize you.

This sort of attitude that you need to breed all of your pokemon in game to be a legitimate player is nothing more than gate keeping in my eyes. People would much rather be spending time learning and testing strategies than spending mindless hours grinding just to get a single mon for a single build. It would be like if chess required you to fulfill some overly long, mindless task just so you can have access to a single bishop piece.

If Pokemon Home included a Showdown like mode, where you could generate pokemon (albeit, not transfer them to other games) and test them out in battle against other players, and they started using this for VGC, it would unironically be the best thing to happen to the series.
That's my philosophy with the whole thing. As someone who's both painstakingly raised mons from the ground up and hacked, I can see the merits of each side.

Doing it the "legal" way gives a nice sense of satisfaction from your hard work, giving a more personal connection to your teams and such. It's easier to get attached to mons that you've spent a lot of time training up than just bliping into existence from hacking, but that's just my experience.

But the reality is most people don't have the countless hundreds of hours required to do it 100% legally (aka not even using 6IV Dittos for breeding, which most people, even anti-hackers, use) and sometimes the RNG is just bullshit period with how long things can take. I resorted to hacking when I got fed up with hatching shinies and missing out on hidden abilities for example.

EDIT: Fixed a link to one of my previous posts that was slapped on for some reason.

Last edited:

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Stumbled across this video earlier showing a side-by-side comparison of Pokemon S&S and Yo-kai Watch 4.

It's amazing the level of attention and hard-work Level-5 has put into YW4.

Also let's not forget Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition, which is coming to Switch later this year.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
Stumbled across this video earlier showing a side-by-side comparison of Pokemon S&S and Yo-kai Watch 4.

Also let's not forget Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition, which is coming to Switch later this year.
I love how the Digimon clip into each other.

Almost seems like what Kyubimon is doing is the stuff that Digifags and countless Furries dream of.

And yes, there's clipping in the clip above, just look at the 0:22 mark, and you'll see the same fox phasing through the player.

I like Cyber Sleuth, although, having said that, people are giving it a bit too much credit for it, because they seem to forget that it was created for the Vita, and essentially got ported to the PS4

Nauseated Courgi

Just living my best life
kiwifarms.net
I love how the Digimon clip into each other.View attachment 853117

Almost seems like what Kyubimon is doing is the stuff that Digifags and countless Furries dream of.

And yes, there's clipping in the clip above, just look at the 0:22 mark, and you'll see the same fox phasing through the player.

I like Cyber Sleuth, although, having said that, people are giving it a bit too much credit for it, because they seem to forget that it was created for the Vita, and essentially got ported to the PS4
Why would they even bother comparing the two? They're both developed on different systems.

Dopey Cunt

Slow down your passion fire.
kiwifarms.net
Except competitive pokemon has always been about the strategy involved in battle, not ones ability to waste dozens of hours breeding for a competitively viable mon.
I see your points, but I just don't understand the point of them putting in a breeding system if everyone was just going to cheat anyway. They might as well have just done the showdown system from the get-go instead of implementing a breeding system that no one wants to use or just have an official at the tournaments who could just genn all your pokemon there on the spot.

The showdown system is the best possible thing they could do for this though, you're right about that for sure.

Anon_Star

kiwifarms.net

Yokai Watch 4 lags like a motherfucker on the Switch btw

UntimelyDhelmise

Rusty Recluse
kiwifarms.net
I see your points, but I just don't understand the point of them putting in a breeding system if everyone was just going to cheat anyway. They might as well have just done the showdown system from the get-go instead of implementing a breeding system that no one wants to use or just have an official at the tournaments who could just genn all your pokemon there on the spot.

The showdown system is the best possible thing they could do for this though, you're right about that for sure.
The problem is they've taken way too long to ease the breeding process, every gen added only a tiny QOL feature. Even as things stand now there's still a host of grievances. Hyper Training for example was a fantastic addition for things like legendaries and hidden power types where it was impossible to get a perfect IV spread before, but they still botched it anyway because you have to go to lv. 100 to even use the feature at all, and wouldn't you know it Alola is awful for level grinding with USUM only alleviating the issue slightly. That and it would've been nice to manually alter IVs as you so choose instead of just a flat all or nothing fix to 31 (say 0 Speed IVs for Trick Room sets).

And the aforementioned hidden power system needs to be done away with entirely. Make it a tutor move where you can pick what HP type you want in exchange for a specific item (and make HP Fairy a thing while you're at it). Breeding is already enough of a hassle, there doesn't need yet another variable that's even MORE of a randomness factor on top of everything else involved.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
It would be like if chess required you to fulfill some overly long, mindless task just so you can have access to a single bishop piece
Let’s say before learning to play chess itself you had to grow the tree for the wood and then learn how to carve and whittle that wood into your bishop piece, BUT that bishop has to be the exact, chess tourney approved measurements and the wood has to be mahogany.

From a schoolkid to a working adult, who the FUCK has the time to sink into that? I really wanted to get into battling when I was much younger but due to lack of people and wifi it would be impossible for me to get good stock or the information to know what I was doing. Plus I think every game pre-Gen 5 had no way of directly viewing EVs or IVs. Imagine being 10 and trying to figure that shit out just because you want your mons to stop performing like garbage? Even in single player my party felt like they were underperforming against the NPCs, battling was a stale game of tanking hits, using healing items and remembering basic type match ups. It’s just not fun. Fuck that, I will never feel guilty for playing on a simulator.

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love how so many complains about the gimmicks of this generation are.

Yet everyone was fine with Mega Evolution? It was the biggest waste of a concept ever. Couldn't even be permanent. And it incorrectly used the term "Mega" and calling the items to trigger it "Pokémon-Ite" was something that sounds like a five year old made.

UntimelyDhelmise

Rusty Recluse
kiwifarms.net

Yet everyone was fine with Mega Evolution? It was the biggest waste of a concept ever. Couldn't even be permanent. And it incorrectly used the term "Mega" and calling the items to trigger it "Pokémon-Ite" was something that sounds like a five year old made.
It's far more than just the gimmick on its own. It's more that Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing is the outright replacement for both megas and Z-moves, screwing over several mons in the process (Mawile and Beedrill will never see the competitive light of day again for example). That and if predictions are correct, it played a direct hand in the Dexit fiasco since it's more than likely they had to create an entire extra set of models for each mon since everything can Dynamax.

♠StarWolf♠

Grahahaha, the hunt is on boys
kiwifarms.net
It's far more than just the gimmick on its own. It's more that Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing is the outright replacement for both megas and Z-moves, screwing over several mons in the process (Mawile and Beedrill will never see the competitive light of day again for example). That and if predictions are correct, it played a direct hand in the Dexit fiasco since it's more than likely they had to create an entire extra set of models for each mon since everything can Dynamax.
the models are literally just upscaled for dynamaxing. the only addition to the models are clouds (which are the same for every pokémon)

KiwiLedian

One annoyed ladybug
kiwifarms.net

People complained a shit ton about Mega's when they first came around but like any new mechanic, it just needed time for people to accept and adjust to it's existence. It was a unique mechanic (to Pokemon not gaming as a whole before someone yells Digimon) with unique models and changed the dynamic of battles quite a lot more than anything previously ever has. Now, like you said, it's potential is wasted and the designs people liked are being buried for plain, upsized models instead of just trying to fix the flaws Mega's had.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino