Police shootings in Murrkuh and BLM protests: The thread. - It was a good thread, it dindu nuffin

DerSandstrom

Gendergaseous Peter-pansexual
kiwifarms.net
Since it seems like this shit has been happening at least several times a week now for the past month, and separate threads have pretty much dominated this board for the majority of it, I feel it's time for a centralized thread on this sort of thing (apologies if someone already did this. If so, feel free to merge this thread with that one).

Up next on the plate, Chiraq has the potential to be dealing with more riots and unrest as footage from the police shooting of Paul O'Neal was released earlier today. Obviously, BLM has been all over this like flies on a dead carcass since the policeman apparently violated police protocol during the arrest. The only problems were that Paul O'Neal was being investigated for allegedly stealing a car (he was an 18-year-old in a Jaguar. Unless his parents were loaded, he doesn't have the equity or cash to buy one of those), he immediately sped away from police, crashed the car, and then fled the scene on foot before police shot at him.

Do I believe that police needed to shoot at him? Probably not. Did they have probable cause to suspect that he was committing a crime? Unfortunately, yes. This, to me, is just another case of BLM siding with a thug committing a crime instead of the hundreds people in Chiraq who are adversely affected by gang violence in the city.

On the other side of the pond, BLM protests in the UK blocked roadways and shut down airports and tram systems in Heathrow, Birmingham and Nottingham in protest of the five-year anniversary of the death of Mark Duggan, a man who was lawfully killed by police for planning a violent retalitory crime, was carrying a weapon and was an alleged drug dealer. What a saint, amirite?

This is the kind of shit I cannot stand, regardless of motive or cause. How many lives are you potentially risking with this kind of shit. What about emergency personnel? Good luck getting these people to move, especially if you're a firefighter or paramedic.

So yes, this isn't going to be over any time soon. Current year, indeed.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Chris will leave 14 BC.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
MLK, Ghandi, Parks, and X protested so people of color can lay in the streets and protest killings that were mostly justified.
People believe this is a black and white thing, but it is actually a sane vs insane thing. I am deeply ashamed these infections have spread to this continent. When you take away the clothes, signs, and vernacular like "microaggression", these people are essentially unbalanced drama queens trying to create a pointless legacy for the future.

Internet War Criminal

Making America Great Again, One Lift at the Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah last time I made that thread it got moved to the General BLM thread

Hopefully this doesn't happen because there's a ton of small shit happening that deserve attention

DerSandstrom

kiwifarms.net
People believe this is a black and white thing, but it is actually a sane vs insane thing. I am deeply ashamed these infections have spread to this continent. When you take away the clothes, signs, and vernacular like "microaggression", these people are essentially unbalanced drama queens trying to create a pointless legacy for the future.
This isn't a race issue; it's cultural and environmental. As much as people don't want to admit it, the color of someone's skin doesn't hold anyone back from greatness if they wish to achieve it. FFS, our president is bi-racial and many cities (like Baltimore) have black police chiefs and a black majority in city council, yet people whine about white privilege, cultural appropriation or whatever buzzword or hashtag is trendy at the moment. This hasn't stopped black people from killing each other in outrageous numbers or inspired black men to become great fathers and leaders in their communities.

Also, from rudimentary observation, a good deal of supporters for BLM are entitled snowflakes whose main contact with impoverished areas is on television and/or white SJW's who think this is making a difference.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do I believe that police needed to shoot at him? Probably not. Did they have probable cause to suspect that he was committing a crime? Unfortunately, yes. This, to me, is just another case of BLM siding with a thug committing a crime instead of the hundreds people in Chiraq who are adversely affected by gang violence in the city.
People make the gang violence vs police brutality comparison a lot. It's probably a good comparison to make to a BLM person, but to someone who lives in the city, it's really annoying to hear. I don't care about "black lives matter". All I care about is getting decent quality from my municipal services. And the Baltimore City Police Department sure as hell doesn't do that.

And if I don't get good service, there should be some accountability. I should be able to complain to someone, then my issue should get looked into and maybe someone gets reprimanded. And then the whole system can get a little bit better. Along with accountability, we should have transparency. I should be able to check up on the status of my complaint.

The police union in Maryland fights all that shit, tooth and claw.

I don't think you're giving enough weight to the "should he be shot? probably not" part of it.

We pay out millions in settlement money. These settlements also always include non-disclosure clauses, so we can't even talk about why we're pissing away this money, and maybe plug that hole.

Did the cops catch the guy who assaulted me? Nah. Did the cops find the asshole who stole my bike? Nope. Instead, they're out fucking around, harassing ghetto, but otherwise undeserving people, and wasting millions in tax money in the process.

Every other part of the government I can get results from. The police, on the other hand, are a black box of unaccountability and incompetence. To me, it's not #BlackLivesMatter so much as #TheCopsAreShiftyRetards. Heh, that's a way better hashtag.
This isn't a race issue; it's cultural and environmental. As much as people don't want to admit it, the color of someone's skin doesn't hold anyone back from greatness if they wish to achieve it. FFS, our president is bi-racial and many cities (like Baltimore) have black police chiefs and a black majority in city council, yet people whine about white privilege, cultural appropriation or whatever buzzword or hashtag is trendy at the moment. This hasn't stopped black people from killing each other in outrageous numbers or inspired black men to become great fathers and leaders in their communities.
There's more to Baltimore politics than just what's in the city limits.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FWIW I never really hear other black people complain about BLM. I've never once heard any black people speak out about it or say it's not justified or important or w/e

• Agree
Reactions: wheat pasta

Dvorak93

Admitted Homosexualist
kiwifarms.net
FWIW I never really hear other black people complain about BLM. I've never once heard any black people speak out about it or say it's not justified or important or w/e
I would agree with this, but part of me wonders how much black people who are critical of the movement would like to keep their heads down. There's a nasty trend in political activism of being extremely vindictive to those that go against the hivemind. See feminism et al.

Innocuous Banter

kiwifarms.net
Guys don't call them "BLM," that makes them feel important and cool because they have an acronym now

They watch Matrix a couple times and read facebook news and now here we are, with a bunch of whiny white and black people

Last edited:

DerSandstrom

kiwifarms.net
I would agree with this, but part of me wonders how much black people who are critical of the movement would like to keep their heads down. There's a nasty trend in political activism of being extremely vindictive to those that go against the hivemind. See feminism et al.
I sometimes see YouTube comments that speak of how they're black people who dislike BLM, but they apparently keep getting called "Uncle Tom" and white sympathizers. These are YouTube comments, though, so who knows how valid they are.

Not sure what others experiences have been, but at my university the campus Black Lives Matter activists are--conservatively--75% white girls. I have no idea why this is the case, but feel free to speculate wildly based on my lone anecdote.
The majority of people in the demonstrations, from what I see, are young and affluent white people. Most of these people have lived their lives in a bubble and have next to no experience with the world, whatsoever.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Chris will leave 14 BC.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was in Los Angeles when they blocked the I-5. Guy was pissed because their faux activism was going to cause him to lose his job. All because a bunch of entitled white people have a savior complex.
I am just glad that they showed a true and honest black person's opinion on this situation.

Some JERK

Takin' all the pretty girls.
kiwifarms.net
People make the gang violence vs police brutality comparison a lot. It's probably a good comparison to make to a BLM person, but to someone who lives in the city, it's really annoying to hear. I don't care about "black lives matter". All I care about is getting decent quality from my municipal services. And the Baltimore City Police Department sure as hell doesn't do that.

And if I don't get good service, there should be some accountability. I should be able to complain to someone, then my issue should get looked into and maybe someone gets reprimanded. And then the whole system can get a little bit better. Along with accountability, we should have transparency. I should be able to check up on the status of my complaint.

The police union in Maryland fights all that shit, tooth and claw.

I don't think you're giving enough weight to the "should he be shot? probably not" part of it.

We pay out millions in settlement money. These settlements also always include non-disclosure clauses, so we can't even talk about why we're pissing away this money, and maybe plug that hole.

Did the cops catch the guy who assaulted me? Nah. Did the cops find the asshole who stole my bike? Nope. Instead, they're out fucking around, harassing ghetto, but otherwise undeserving people, and wasting millions in tax money in the process.

Every other part of the government I can get results from. The police, on the other hand, are a black box of unaccountability and incompetence. To me, it's not #BlackLivesMatter so much as #TheCopsAreShiftyRetards. Heh, that's a way better hashtag.

There's more to Baltimore politics than just what's in the city limits.
If you're able to tolerate Joe Rogan for any amount of time, (some people can't) I've watched an interesting interview on his show with Michael A. Wood Jr. (former Baltimore PD Sgt.) where he addressed a lot of the issues with the police in Baltimore specifically.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino