World Polish city holds first LGBTQ pride parade despite far-right violence - Grown men beat up teenagers because they claimed that someone in the sky told them to

DogEatDogFood

How lolcows are real if our eyes aren't real?
kiwifarms.net
It was a really fucking bad idea. Poland is not the West where you can make a parade every day you want. Since Communism's downfall, the Catholic rightwing group has been the dominant force in Polish politics: after all they were of the main parties of the opposition to the comunist regime. So, don't LARP as progressive like in the West: not a good idea.

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
If only rights groups could recognize when they've made gains and achieved their goals and then pull back. Muh LGBTLMNOP Pride groups in the West aren't doing themselves any favors now. Or gays and lesbians (lol fuck troons) in any other area of the world.

But homopride gonna homopride.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
It was a really fucking bad idea. Poland is not the West where you can make a parade every day you want. Since Communism's downfall, the Catholic rightwing group has been the dominant force in Polish politics: after all they were of the main parties of the opposition to the comunist regime. So, don't LARP as progressive like in the West: not a good idea.
You could. just cast out everybody but gay males and write god and fatherland on your flag(or is poland female like russia?).

CaesarCzech

kiwifarms.net
"

Bags of flour and other objects were thrown out of Communist-era housing blocks at the pride marchers, who were moving along a 3-kilometer (1.8 mile) route through the city center.

According to Bialystok's police spokesman, Tomasz Krupa, ".

Krupa if im correctly aware means Hail. So they moved under hail and then next paragraph has Police spokesman Thomas Hail. Clown World.

Barnard

kiwifarms.net
I don't like what happened, but I'm not surprised. Poles east of the Vistula are very conservative. Catholic faith is very important here and the traditional family unit is almost sacred. It's a very difficult setting for any LGBT acceptance movement to make any inroads, but the thing is they're not even trying. LGBT activists seem to spend most of their time shitting all over core conservative values, desecrating religious and national symbols and generally setting themselves up for conflict and hostility. And it's not like progressive politicians, journalists and other talking heads help the matter any. Mostly they just declare their profound hatred for the rural Catholic Pole, much like US Democrats seem to hate whites.

So then you have an Equality Parade in a mostly right-wing city, throw some rabid football hooligans into the mix and here's the result. I think it shouldn't have happened. Pointless violence is not the answer. Just let them walk, their cultural revolution isn't happening any time soon. Now it's gonna be nothing but blah blah Białystok blah blah hate blah blah fascism for months until the election. I already hate this.

Dunkirk

My other car is a STUG
kiwifarms.net
If only one picture replies were also automatic bans from A&H, then this place might know a small peace.

On topic, speaking as a Slav in an east european country, we've more or less looked at the western LGBTQAP++ nonsense or whatever the hell it's called and decided no thanks, go be fags somewhere else.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
This. Historically right-wing authoritarians have always made sure to take the time to differentiate between "good" and "degenerate" lgbt people. During the Night of the Long Knives, Ernst Rhom was able to save himself from assassination by telling his attackers that even though he was gay he didn't consider himself apart of the LGBT community. Worked like a charm!
A big issue I see is that the LGBT movement has morphed into some sort of political movement that has extended way past the remit of simply being allowed acceptance of Gay relationships. Demanding things like gender transitioning 6 year olds, saying men in dresses should be allowed into female spaces and using the force of the State against people who disagree with notion that there are hundreds of genders.

Most rational people can get on board with the idea of live and let live. The moment you tell them what to think? You go from advocate to tyrant. And in the west we kill tyrants. Whether or not the tyrant likes gay sex is irrelevant.

frozenrunner

kiwifarms.net
Most rational people can get on board with the idea of live and let live. The moment you tell them what to think? You go from advocate to tyrant. And in the west we kill tyrants. Whether or not the tyrant likes gay sex is irrelevant.
Again, the moment lefties went from "tolerance" to "acceptance," their movement was doomed. And I'm starting to think they knew it. They love nothing more than the idea of being countercultural underdogs fighting against right-wing oppression and bigotry, and they venerate fragility and weakness. Being perpetual losers gives them a sort of pseudo-credibility they haven't had in decades. (Because they won the Western culture war.)

How can you demand full acceptance of fags, dykes, trannies, and miscellaneous genderspecials if you have no social power? Really gets the noggin joggin.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Again, the moment lefties went from "tolerance" to "acceptance," their movement was doomed. And I'm starting to think they knew it. They love nothing more than the idea of being countercultural underdogs fighting against right-wing oppression and bigotry, and they venerate fragility and weakness. Being perpetual losers gives them a sort of pseudo-credibility they haven't had in decades. (Because they won the Western culture war.)

How can you demand full acceptance of fags, dykes, trannies, and miscellaneous genderspecials if you have no social powee? Really gets the noggin joggin.
What worries me is that they don't really understand what oppression actually means. They have been "oppressed" in the most free and tolerant society that has ever existed in human history, ever. We are in for a dark time if the building backlash decides that the whole tolerance thing was a mistake. We may discover that Heinlein's age of unrest was a work of prophecy rather then science fiction. Liberal societies can be just as capable of brutality as authoritarian ones when pushed all the way to the brink.

frozenrunner

kiwifarms.net
What worries me is that they don't really understand what oppression actually means. They have been "oppressed" in the most free and tolerant society that has ever existed in human history, ever. We are in for a dark time if the building backlash decides that the whole tolerance thing was a mistake. We may discover that Heinlein's age of unrest was a work of prophecy rather then science fiction. Liberal societies can be just as capable of brutality as authoritarian ones when pushed all the way to the brink.
Exactly. And what scares me is that so many of them really seem to hunger for that. Because they have no idea how bad bad can be, they're burning hard won goodwill, stability, tolerance, and peace for no other reason than they want to feel good about themselves as "woke" revolutionaries. My God, imagine where they'd be in the progressive stack then!

There is a part of me, a part I don't trust or like, that hopes they all die violently—every one of them—if it comes down to it. Nobody left to manipulate and play the victim. I don't want that part of me (which exists in everyone else, too) off the leash. Can't we all just tolerate each other? :optimistic:

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
All I can say about it is if you’re going to do a parade and don’t want violence, you probably shouldn’t do it in the most Conservative part of the country. That’s asking for shit.
Or the conservatives could get the fuck over themselves and not beat people up for wanting to live their lives how they want. I don’t think that’s asking for too much.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino