Politetype - Disarming bullies one word at a time - When you pick this font, you'll meet the language you use, and it's intensive experience

obliviousbeard

As white as schoolshooter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saw this while I was reading news (in Finnish).

Ever thought that people hurt your fee-fees? Ever wanted to make sure no 12 year old will call you a simp, cuck and nigger again? Worry no more, our friends at TietoEVRY have brought us this wonderful product, called Politetype.

Basically what this thing is, is that it tries to either blur or autocorrect your mean words, to make sure nobody will ever cyberbowl again. How it works is that this is OpenType font that has dictionary of words that will be blurred or changed as you type them. Apparently now it's over 1800 words and terms in English . Of course, since it is just a font, this means that, to quote politetype's own website, "The font does not yet understand context. ". So far they seem to have at least partner, Hei Schools,. CEO of Hei Schools, Milla Kokko, say that this font will be used for staff communication at first, and then at later point also in communication with parents and grandparents.

TL;DR: Bunch of feel-good Finns made a font that will censor your bad words. You can test it at here . Share your best.
neckyourself.png

Last edited:

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
"My feelings were hurt by words on the internet. Is the solution to 1. realize that taking dumb shit on the internet so seriously that it hurts is retarded, and stop handing every Tom, Dick and Harry on the internet a knife to stab me with or 2. cover it up with nice words that let me pretend I didn't get fucking owned on the internet"

obliviousbeard

As white as schoolshooter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"My feelings were hurt by words on the internet. Is the solution to 1. realize that taking dumb shit on the internet so seriously that it hurts is retarded, and stop handing every Tom, Dick and Harry on the internet a knife to stab me with or 2. cover it up with nice words that let me pretend I didn't get fucking owned on the internet"
cyberbullying.png

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
the problem is they keep trying to reconcile the idea of having external loci of control for people (which they like, because it lets them control people) and the idea that people will use these external loci for things they don't like (like calling people retarded niggerfaggots)

they want the gun to be in play, but they're trying desperately to figure out how to keep THE WRONG PEOPLE from picking up and firing the gun at them

Tags
None