Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

Muh New Englunds are really coming out, I guess. :geek:
In polite company, I try to come off much closer to center.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person

klystron

Doesn't flock with kiws. Soars with eagles.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are there any actual political science students/graduates on the forum? This test seems rather odd to me. For example how do you label something like "you can't chose what country you're born in so it's foolish to be proud of it?" I know people on both sides of the spectrum with mixed views on this. What about "it's better to control inflation than unemployment?" The two are tied together. Too high unemployment typically creates deflation (controlling inflation) and too much employment causes inflation. (There are outliers of course but they are typically short term.) How is this left or right? Libertarian or authoritarian? My guess would be that controlling inflation puts you right and controlling unemployment puts you left. I imagine employment is closer to "people" so that champions the left, right? Of course, everyone's savings (especially retirees) depletes when there is inflation.

Then there are questions you cannot answer with the choices given. Like the first one about globalization. Should it benefit people or corporations? Really? In the free market corporations only survive when they benefit the people. Perhaps the asker is eluding to there being no free market.

Regardless of which, I feel too @Cowlick to complete this test.

• Agree
Reactions: Fek and Glaive

Glaive

Chadministrator
kiwifarms.net

Socially liberal and fiscally slight conservative, result I always get

For example how do you label something like "you can't chose what country you're born in so it's foolish to be proud of it?" I know people on both sides of the spectrum with mixed views on this. What about "it's better to control inflation than unemployment?" The two are tied together. Too high unemployment typically creates deflation (controlling inflation) and too much employment causes inflation. (There are outliers of course but they are typically short term.) How is this left or right? Libertarian or authoritarian? My guess would be that controlling inflation puts you right and controlling unemployment puts you left. I imagine employment is closer to "people" so that champions the left, right? Of course, everyone's savings (especially retirees) depletes when there is inflation.
Your explanation of the employment versus inflation question sounds very correct to me. Employment would push it left, lower inflation would push it right.

As for the patriotism question, agreeing would push you south, disagree would push you north. Because nationalism is high up on the north side, while more mutalism and cohabitual pluralism type stuff is down on the south side. I wonder who our first user to break the X axis will be and go authoritarian? If anyone at all.

Also I find this graph helpful for sectioning off the chart into some general categories. It's not spot on but can give you a rough idea.

I showed this graph to Holden/Marjan and he picked out Traditionalism btw

Last edited:

Ariel

Sorbet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I actually lean towards Libertarian more than Authoritarian, I must have misread a question.

• Informative
  • Feels
Reactions: 2 people
R

RP 520

kiwifarms.net
I'm content with this I think.
pcgraphpng.php.png

Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26

Socially liberal and fiscally slight conservative, result I always get

Your explanation of the employment versus inflation question sounds very correct to me. Employment would push it left, lower inflation would push it right.

As for the patriotism question, agreeing would push you south, disagree would push you north. Because nationalism is high up on the north side, while more mutalism and cohabitual pluralism type stuff is down on the south side. I wonder who our first user to break the X axis will be and go authoritarian? If anyone at all.

Also I find this graph helpful for sectioning off the chart into some general categories. It's not spot on but can give you a rough idea.

I showed this graph to Holden/Marjan and he picked out Traditionalism btw
If I matched that up to mine I would be a Progressive, though I don't even like Progressivism (if it's anything like American Progressivism anyways). I consider myself more of a Libertarian, with a few conservative values.

Last edited by a moderator:

fuzzypickles

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Economic Left/Right: -2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

I'm not particularly surprised by this result. I've taken this test in the past and I think I was a bit more liberal then, but I shifted ever so slightly rightward in my political leanings, particularly in light of recent things I've read in the news and of certain individuals this site discusses.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
Tags
None