• Mac

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • BSD

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
I've been using DOS/Windows for the vast majority of my computer career.
I did use Linux exclusively for a year and a half 15 yrs ago, but then shifty linuxbeards started greeting me and so I yeeted myself back to Steve Ballmer's sweaty embrace.

Exigent Circumcisions

A dog's rights activist; a lover; a friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was using windows 10 until recently: purchased a Kingston SSD and migrated over to Manjaro immediately. Windows was getting sluggish but I can never get up the gumption to reinstall it so my inevitable cycle is to purchase a new computer, wait for Windows to go retarded and then swap to Linux. My laptop is no great shakes but it can run a few games on Wine Steam with barely noticeable changes in FPS from Win 10.

Turd Cow

Mommy bought me a THOT for my birthday
kiwifarms.net
I was using popos but it's really just a kinda dumb version of ubuntu with a gnome skin and some hardware optimizations.

I'm currently using manjaro linux as my main OS of choice.

I used to use windows 10 when I first built my gaming pc.

Glad I couldn't help

Ohai!
kiwifarms.net
So according to Wikipedia, in 2019 desktop OS market share (which is what this poll is measuring) was 87% Windows, 10% macOS and 2% Linux (I'm rounding, so they don't add up to 100% here). I think it is fair to assume that this would be the same numbers for all desktop visitors to Kiwi Farms. So, assuming the poll is accurate (:optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:) , visitors to the I&T forum are many times more likely to be running Linux than the general public, with Windows users unrepresented (but still a majority) and mac users being massively unrepsented.

Sicklick

kiwifarms.net
Don't use either. Qubes, Arch or Manjaro is what you should be using if you value privacy and security. Qubes takes some learning to know how to use, but you can eventually get it if you take the time.

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
Don't use either. Qubes, Arch or Manjaro is what you should be using if you value privacy and security. Qubes takes some learning to know how to use, but you can eventually get it if you take the time.
They're on the poll. Those are Linux distros.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "Don't use either."

Slav Power

Stachu?
kiwifarms.net
Windows 10 LTSC. I would use Linux if I had the time and patience to move every single element of my workflow over it, but that would take ages, and I would have to make some compromises either way.

Tags
None