• "IM BLOCKING YOU!!! BYE BACK STABBER!"

Pop Culture PaganismHail Robert E. Lee Erryday

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by Gym Leader Elesa, May 19, 2017.

1. A long time ago I explained to a fellow Kiwi the essence of Pop Culture Paganism, a new religious movement of people who, rather than becoming fictionkin or claiming Multiple Personality Disorder, choose instead to worship the objects of their obsession and create bizarre, syncretic, religious traditions around them. My explanation left them wanting more, and others expressed interest as well since its an obscure but engrossing topic. So let's plunge right in. It's a goddamn journey.

An almost endless source of lulz, they were mocked relentlessly even on tumblr and it only takes a quick perusal of their insane content to see why.

PCPagan2.png

This dualistic distinction between magic and paganism forms a large part of their thinking, as you can see from the emphasis the Pagan Study Group of Tumblr puts on it, but even within either "traditions", there is great diversity to be found. After all, is a patronus your tool, or is Ash Ketchum your God?

PCPagan3.png

- Taylor Elwood, who can be found here is an endless source of amusement we will revisit later.

http://witchesandpagans.com/pagan-s...sformations/what-is-pop-culture-paganism.html

PCPagan4.png

Apparently praying to the four members of Metallica will make you a better wizard. I think this may be true, but not in the sense that they envision. This quote comes from an interview conducted here with Emily Carlin, who has her own autistic webpage at http://www.e-carlin.com.

Up next...

PCpagan5.png

PCpagan6.png

Worshipers of the Aedra and Daedra congregate to praise the Dovakhiin and seek feedback on their Call Dragon Shouts here at https://tespaganism.tumblr.com.

But psychically summon the Dragonborn, call down the wrath of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and introduce you to the spiritual path of literal balls-to-the wall Dr.Who worship is not all that PC Paganism can do for you. No, it is also a critical weapon in the war against Drumpf.

PCpagan7.png

Donald Trump is a powerful Pop-Culture mage and a cosmic embodiment of American values. This is a serious problem that merits serious consideration.

PCpagan8.png

Unfortunately, as Taylor Elwood continues, Donald Trump's magical forcefield is difficult to breach without first exploring options that negate his mystical zeitgeist. The video link he provided for anyone who may be able to access it.

PCpagan9.png

Be careful when trying to summon Captain America and Uncle Sam, they're on his side! I can't even respond to that. Luckily, I don't have to, because Emily Carlin feels otherwise:

PCPagan14.png

PCPagan15.png

Oh, man. Here it comes...

PCPagan16.png

I wonder if my fabulous red hat can be a MAGA hat? Huh, if Trump is so powerful, doesn't that imply I could pray to Him?

"But Elesa", I hear you say, "surely these people can't be serious. Even multiple systems make fun of these people!"

Don't worry, they have a robust theology full of competing theories as to how Wonder Woman can hear your pleas to release pent-up sexual frustration and even the ethics of doing so:

PCPagan10.png

"Creating a tulpa and then worshiping and appeasing it is perfectly sound theology and psychology, wouldn't you agree? Link agreed. He and Zelda Moon-Spirit are of a mind on this."

PCPagan11.png

"I don't really get what's so weird about worshiping a living member of the human race. Seems awwwright to me."

PCPagan12.png

:story:

"Please consider how Sonic the Hedgehog would feel before offering him blood sacrifice" in so many words, is one of the most insane recommendations I have ever been given on the internet, and every thing written before that is somehow even more insane. But it's all for the best.

PCPagan13.png

This only scratches the surface, Kiwis. These tags, blogs, and forums are a vast ocean of autism consisting of thousands of people praying to Hulk Hogan and the Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers in the same way that one might pray to Jesus Christ or Belenus.

So with that in mind, I'm tagging @Derbydollar because I promised them this thread ages and ages ago and so concludes my virgin OP. Have at it, y'all, and don't forget to hail Robert E. Lee every day. He needs all your spiritual power to defeat Captain America and Donald Trump.

Edit: Brief update, I found Taylor Ellwood's newer youtube channel! He teaches you how to cast spells.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPTxWbgUb9z8QYv5mAMyCxg

• Informative x 35
    • Winner x 10
    • Semper Fidelis x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Feels x 1
    • Horrifying x 1
    #1 Gym Leader Elesa, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Gym Leader Elesa

Gym Leader Elesa The Mandalorian Candidate
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. So... American Gods is real?

• Winner Winner x 33
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Bravokin

kiwifarms.net
  3. Neil Gaiman is a true and honest prophet of the LORD(S).

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    Gym Leader Elesa

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Maybe Chris Chan was into pop culture paganism, and that explains why he used to yell "CURSE YEE HAME HAAAAA!!!" at people.

• Winner x 25
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Feels x 1
    CanofSoda

CanofSoda Trippy Fanta is trippy!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Hey, here's that thread you said you were going to make! :lol:

It's hard to say much about these people, because of how stupid it is to worship pop culture icons. The extreme of them are probably so exceptional that they may actually believe that mario listens to their prayers, but the majority of them just enjoy being more special than their stupid dumb family that goes to church every other Sunday. I don't know which is worse, honestly *sigh*

• Feels Feels x 11
    • Like Like x 5
    Derbydollar

Derbydollar A Bunny Person
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Seriously though, @Gym Leader Elesa if you find any videos of people actually talking about and/or practicing this shit, please post them here. I'm sure the milk will be awesome. :story:

• Agree Agree x 10
    CanofSoda

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net

7. And there is still so much more.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Gym Leader Elesa

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Does this mean I can make a @Null shrine? If so please continue...

• Winner x 29
    • Semper Fidelis x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Feels x 1
    • Islamic Content x 1
    • Autistic x 1
    • Horrifying x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Powerlevel x 1
    Vocaloid Ruby

Vocaloid Ruby The only digital American singer and wastebucket

kiwifarms.net
  9. So, I just had to see this for myself, and this guy makes a video explaining what Pop Culture Paganism is.

The autism is strong in this one.

• Agree Agree x 7
    CanofSoda

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. I have mixed feelings about neo paganism but this is fucking stupid. Being eclectic is one thing praying to an overtly false god is another.

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. When people took the phrase "meme magic is real" way too seriously...

On the other hand, this more or less explains @Brad Watson_Miami's insanity nicely.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    hood LOLCOW

hood LOLCOW Conflict Resolution Officer
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. So this is basically tumblr's equivalant of Kek worship?
    /pol/ and tumblr really are two sides of the same coin.

• Winner x 17
    • Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Informative x 1
    Mister Loser

Mister Loser The Man with No Plan

kiwifarms.net
  13. They used to just call this "paganism."

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Abortions4All

Abortions4All Miniature American Flags For Mad Bears

kiwifarms.net
  14. It's stuff like this that make me wonder if the Internet was a mistake.

• Feels Feels x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    scorptatious

scorptatious Deuteragonist of a game from a dead franchise. :(
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Isn't this is how some celebrity stalkers and serial killers get started?

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  16. I'm fine with and even somewhat respect reconstructionists and revivalists but Wiccans, eclectics, and PC pagans can fuck right off.

• Agree x 8
    • Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Feels x 1
    Gym Leader Elesa

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. I am going to sacrifice 13 virgins to our almighty god Benedict Cumberbatch, and if you want to put me in jail for that you' re oppressing a religious minority! Check your privilege!

(but really, shouldn' t this thread be in the tumblr section?)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Faint taste of butter

Faint taste of butter Actual alpha male

kiwifarms.net
  18. If a mod wants to move it there, mayhaps. That said, a lot of these people exist off of tumblr.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Gym Leader Elesa

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. This reminds me of how in post-apocalyptic movies there's always some group of cultists that worships Mickey Mouse, V8 Engines, or unexploded nukes as gods. The apocalypse hasn't even happened and these guys are already doing it. They have no fucking excuse.

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 4
    Randall Fragg

Randall Fragg Suffer not the shitposter
    Staff Member Moderator

kiwifarms.net
  20. [​IMG]

• Winner x 40
    • Semper Fidelis x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Feels x 1
    • Islamic Content x 1
    • Off-Topic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.