Popular songs you hate -

Joey Caruso

The Coathanger In Your Man's Vagina
kiwifarms.net
Quite a few of the songs posted earlier in this thread get on my nerves, but one in particular that nobody's mentioned is this fucking thing:
Back when I lived on campus this fucking song would be playing every day in all the meal halls and whenever they wanted to do some public function they'd have these huge-ass speakers blasting this fucking song loud enough that I could hear it even though I was like a mile away and it drove me fucking crazy and thank god I live in an apartment and don't use the meal plan anymore now and don't have to hear pop radio all the fucking time anymore.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net

In addition to being a painfully slow annoyingly wistful cheesy lookback at stuff Ed Sheerhan supposedly did, the song is further hampered by Eddie's accent (I.E. He pronounces Castle as Cart-Sale) and the fact that most of his stuff sounds completely unbelievable. Also as a minor note why the hell is he listening to Tiny Dancer of all songs when he's driving to meet his friends? The song has nothing to do with meeting old friends you haven't seen in a long time. Thin Lizzy's the Boys are Back in Town, Queen's You're my best friend and Rush's Time Stand Still would've fit much better to suit the need of the song.

admiral

passionless bombast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quite a few of the songs posted earlier in this thread get on my nerves, but one in particular that nobody's mentioned is this fucking thing:
Back when I lived on campus this fucking song would be playing every day in all the meal halls and whenever they wanted to do some public function they'd have these huge-ass speakers blasting this fucking song loud enough that I could hear it even though I was like a mile away and it drove me fucking crazy and thank god I live in an apartment and don't use the meal plan anymore now and don't have to hear pop radio all the fucking time anymore.
I worked in a club when this song was getting big, and we played it at least once an hour. It's at least got lyrics through- 'Work' was probably the worst song on our playlist for getting on the nerves.

• Agree
Reactions: toilet_rainbow

An Sionnach Seang

Justin Bieber shit's like a cat!
kiwifarms.net
this song was a hit a few years back, and I still find it physically painful to listen to
see also: anything involving 3Oh!3 (remember those assclowns?)

and a (dis)honourable mention goes to the version of "Lady Marmalade" by Christina Aguilera and friends, though that's more for personal reasons, as I used to share a house with a guy who played the same three songs over and over; this was one of them, and even now, more than ten years later, it still boils my piss

just this version of it, though - I don't mind the original version by Patti LaBelle

Last edited:

drtoboggan

Please, call me Mantis.
kiwifarms.net

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
I can usually at least tolerate, even like, Ed Sheeran's more lively songs. But his slow paced songs? I'm changing the station. Especially these two.

My sister said that she fell in love with this one while hearing it every hour at work. How?

I don't even like Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." And now I have to hear Ed Sheeran whine his own sort of it on the radio? Fuck that noise.

(Also adding a vote for "Castle on the Hill.")

uncleShitHeel

Full of sunshine and rancid mayonaise.
kiwifarms.net
I can usually at least tolerate, even like, Ed Sheeran's more lively songs. But his slow paced songs? I'm changing the station. Especially these two.

My sister said that she fell in love with this one while hearing it every hour at work. How?

I don't even like Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." And now I have to hear Ed Sheeran whine his own sort of it on the radio? Fuck that noise.

(Also adding a vote for "Castle on the Hill.")
It's because your sister is completely retarded.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Lux Aetherna by Clint Mansell:

It's not a bad piece of music per se, but it's pretty simplistic and repetitive, and while it has a nice buildup to it, there was a time a couple of years ago when it was everybody's go-to music when trying to make something epic or dramatic, making me grow sick of it pretty fast. It's not as overused these days, but I'm still not too keen on the prospects of listening to it again.

Ligeti György's Lux Aeterna, on the other hand, is a big favorite of mine:

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Positron
Tags
None