Popular songs you hate -

TheImportantFart

Ronnie Barking Spider
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Daft Punk's "Get Lucky":

I don't like the beat, I don't like the lyrics (Pharrell's plan is to stay up late letting this chick get drunker and drunker so he can bone her), I just... don't understand what's good about this.
Urghhhhh, Train's "comeback" (which nobody except masochists wanted in the first place) in the late 2000s/early 2010s prodcued that and then this utter piece of shit:

JUST STOP
Adele is so fucking overrated.

Also, anything by Beyoncé.

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Urghhhhh, Train's "comeback" (which nobody except masochists wanted in the first place) in the late 2000s/early 2010s prodcued that and then this utter piece of shit:

That has one of the worst choruses I've ever heard in a pop song. You have to wonder what compelled Pat Monahan to not only compare love to shootings and garbage, but also write the line: "If they don't like it, sue me/Mmm, the way you do me."

Now that I think about it, that song might actually be worse than Hey Soul Sister.

RichardMongler

Causing much mayhem, dropping drama
kiwifarms.net
It'd be exhausting for me to list every solitary Pop song that grated on my nerves, so I'll indict the whole genre. What's particularly on my mind is:
  • Virtually every female Pop singer, especially those who sing from the "You thought I couldn't make it without you, but I proved you wrong" songbook or some insipid tripe about boyfriends or exes
  • Virtually all Urban Mating Songs (Contemporary R&B, Neo-Soul, et cetera), which includes but is in no way limited to: Destiny's Child, Beyoncé, Sam Smith, Usher and God knows who else
  • The vast majority of Hip-Hop made after the year 2002
  • Virtually all Southern Hip-Hop with some exceptions
  • U2
  • Post-Grunge or radio-friendly Hard Rock made after the '90s
  • Riot Grrrl, especially Bikini Kill
  • Any project connected to Kathleen Hanna
  • Virtually all Indie Rock

HIVidaBoheme

"Oooh Giiiingeeeeeer!"
kiwifarms.net
Faded by Alan Walker... it's been so fucking overplayed at everything... i can't even look at a video about cooking without those droll notes at the beginning playing.

• Agree
Reactions: Pointandlaugh

TheGreatCitracett

Is bringing a gunn to school... BEWARE!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This goddamn thing:
The extended duet version of course.

I'm from the rural Midwest and I'm the only person I know who is not a fan of country music. I've been forced to attend at least five weddings where this was their song, because when you're "country" there's really no other choice. This is the all-time favorite.

At every single one, what that meant was the minister said his thing, the couple would read their vows and exchange rings, then this song played in its entirety as they held hands and just stared at each other awkwardly for the entire five minute duration until it finished, at which point they'd be pronounced man and wife and kiss.

On top of being a long song, it's also a bastard that makes you think it's about to end, only to come back full force for another whole minute.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Here's a handful songs that are\were popular that make me want to pour boiling lead into my ears:

I refuse to accept that whatever Will Iam (or whatever he's called) is doing with his mouth is widely accepted as singing or rapping.

Anything by Oasis, christ I can't stand them and "walking slowly down a hall quicker than a cannonball" is the worst line in music history given the context

Liam Gallagher's nasal voice never fails to make my ears bleed, and this is coming from a guy that like Bob Dylan.

Oh god, a shrieking hag demon! Someone banish it to whence it came!
I never got the appeal of Madonna either. Her voice was horrible even in her prime, her background music is as stimulative as sucking on a piece of chalk, and nowadays her dance choreography makes her look like the blistered sores in her vajayjay are acting up, and she's desperate to rub it against anything that's unfortunate enough to be in her vicinity.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Here's a handful songs that are\were popular that make me want to pour boiling lead into my ears:

I refuse to accept that whatever Will Iam (or whatever he's called) is doing with his mouth is widely accepted as singing or rapping.
I fucking hate BEP's "I Got a Feeling" with every fiber of my being. Some of the weakest lyrics I've ever heard. When they start naming the days of the week in the middle of the song, you know there was no effort put in at all. But the stupid song stalks you like a serial killer and whenever you're at a party or a celebration event you just KNOW someone's gonna put it on at some point.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate BEP's "I Got a Feeling" with every fiber of my being. Some of the weakest lyrics I've ever heard. When they start naming the days of the week in the middle of the song, you know there was no effort put in at all. But the stupid song stalks you like a serial killer and whenever you're at a party or a celebration event you just KNOW someone's gonna put it on at some point.
Yes, a thousand times yes! You'd think you'd never hear that piece of shit again once people move on to the next fad, but no, now it's being regarded as a nostalgic classic! People keep telling me their first couple albums weren't so bad, but the band was dead to me as soon as I've heard what they had done to my precious Misirlou.

Last edited:

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
Anything by Oasis, christ I can't stand them and "walking slowly down a hall quicker than a cannonball" is the worst line in music history given the context
That's actually the one song by them I do like. Lol. Though "D'ya Know What I Mean?" is decent too.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator (NOT in Canada)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I stopped trying to keep up with popular music a few years ago because it just wasn't worth it. Judging from a lot of the songs that have been posted in this thread so far it was a very wise decision

Old bonus (this was one of the best selling singles in France back in the 70s)

Tags
None